While in the past there were only a few 4K TVs available on the market and they were also very expensive to begin with, that’s no longer the case today. In fact, 4K TVs are very mainstream now and you could easily get one for a few hundred dollars.
With 4K content becoming more and more popular, you can now choose from a wide range of 4K TVs in order to enjoy the best possible picture quality when watching your favorite movies and TV shows. However, there are quite few things you need to bear in mind before you get a 4K TV.
Best 4k TVs in 2018
First of all, you need to decide on the amount of money you’re willing to spend for one, the display technology you’re interested in, the size of the TV, and of course the display type (LED or OLED). With that said, below we’re going to take a better look at the top ten best 4K TVs you can currently purchase so you can decide on the one you like most.
- 10. Sharp LC-55N7000U 55 inch 4K TV
- 9. VIZIO D55u-D1 55 inch 4K TV
- 8. LG Electronics 43UH6100 4K TV
- 7. Seiki SE55UY04 4K TV
- 6. Sony XBR43X800D
- 5. VIZIO D58u-D3 58″ Class UHD Full-Array LED Smart TV
- 4. Samsung UN65KS8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- 3. LG 55EG9600 55-Inch 2160p 4K Smart Curved Ultra HD 3D OLED TV
- 2. Hisense 65H10B2 Curved 65-Inch 4K Smart ULED TV
- 1. LG Electronics 75UH6550 4KUltra HD Smart LED TV
10. Sharp LC-55N7000U 55 inch 4K TV
The LC-55N7000U from Sharp is a 4K TV that offers excellent picture quality without breaking the bank. First of all, you’ll love the fact that it comes with the DBX TV sound technology, meaning that its speakers sound a lot better than those you would find in other similar TVs on the market. The TV is HDR enabled, meaning that it has expanded detail and contrast. Blacks will not only look a lot richer, but also more detailed furthermore, the bright part of images will look much brighter as well, resulting in a much better viewing experience.
Since the LC-55N7000U comes with AquoMotion technology, coupled with its HDR capability will ensure that everything you watch on it looks simply amazing. The TV has a native refresh rate of 60Hz, comes with a wide range of built in apps, and on top of that looks great in terms of design. In terms of ports, you get one RCA composite and one RCA component input, one earphone audio output, one digital audio output, three USB ports, four HDMI ports, and a built in tuner.
- 4K HDR and AquoMotion technology for lifelike picture quality.
- Comes with a bunch of useful preinstalled apps.
- DBX sound technology for clearer and crisper sound.
- The TV may develop clouding down the road.
If you’re not the kind to spend thousands of dollars on 4K TVs, then you’ll certainly be happy with this model. It’s very affordable, high quality, and will make everything you watch on it look simply amazing. Highly recommended!
9. VIZIO D55u-D1 55 inch 4K TV
The D55u from Vizio is a 4K TV that packs a full array display panel which makes everything you watch on it look simply breathtaking. What sets it apart from other TVs in its price range is the fact that it has very pure black levels, a very high contrast, and delivers superior light uniformity. Thanks to its Active Pixel Tuning technology it ensures that the contrast and color accuracy are always adjusted depending on what you like to watch. With Clear Action 240, watching sports will be a very impressive experience and you won’t have to worry about judder.
The D55u features 802.11ac dual band Wi-Fi which means that you’ll be able to easily stream content from a wide range of apps. If you want, you can also stream content from game consoles, Blu Ray discs, and more. Thanks to its V6 6-core CPU (quad core GPU and 2 core CPU) the TV is very fast and smooth.
- Quad core GPU and 2 core CPU for extremely fast performance.
- Dual band Wi-Fi (802.11ac) makes streaming online content a breeze.
- Excellent upscaling quality thanks to the Spatial Scaling engine.
- Someone complained about the fact that their TV arrived broken. Other than that, the TV worked just fine when they got a replacement.
Those who are not able to spend too much money getting a 4K TV may want to check out the D55u from Vizio. This TV is certainly very powerful and given the fact that it comes at a low price and packs a lot of technology makes it the right choice for large screen TV fans that want quality without having to break the bank to get it.
8. LG Electronics 43UH6100 4K TV
If you’re serious about watching your favorite movies or TV shows in very high quality, then you need to get an LG TV as soon as possible. The UH6100 particularly is a 4K TV that features IPS technology and is capable of outputting true to life colors that rival most other high end TVs on the market today. The TV uses the webOS 3.0 operating system which many people have praised saying that it’s very fast and also stable.
Thanks to the UH6100’s True Black Panel, you can now enjoy darker blacks, while the UHD Mastering Engine ensures that everything you watch on the TV looks nice and crisp. With TruMotion 120 Hz, watching sports on this bad boy is a very surreal experience.
- Enjoy darker blacks thanks to the True Black Panel technology.
- Upgrade all your content to 4K thanks to the TV’s 4K upscaler.
- TruMotion 120HZ make watching sports a very impressive experience.
- No Bluetooth and no swivel stand.
Now we’re starting to get a bit more serious: The LG UH6100 is a magnificent 4K TV that’s able to output very crisp and clear images no matter what you decide to watch on it. Thanks to its TruMotion technology watching sports on it is a delight. Furthermore, the upscaling engine ensures that everything you watch on it is upscaled to 4K and the results are pretty great. Highly recommended!
7. Seiki SE55UY04 4K TV
Are you looking to improve your home entertainment? Well then, we recommend that you take a closer look at the Seiki SE55UY04 4K TV. This model offers excellent range of color and clarity regardless of the ambient light. The TV comes with a remote control, stereo sound, 2 USB ports, three HDMI ports and has a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
The panel is an LED edge light panel. In terms of size, this TV has 55 inch so it should be perfect for those who want to replace their living room or maybe bedroom TV with a 4K TV that performs amazingly well without breaking the bank.
- 120 Hz refresh rate means that you not need to worry about judder when watching fast moving sequences.
- Comes with three HDMI ports.
- Very affordable for what it offers.
- The customer support (if you ever need them) is very bad.
From now on you can enjoy watching TV shows, movies, and more on your very first 4K TV from Seiki. This model not only has a decent design, but it’s adequately priced for the performance you get. What more can you ask for?
6. Sony XBR43X800D
Enjoy remarkable contrast, color, and clarity thanks to the new Sony XBR43X800D. Thanks to its Triluminos and 4K HDR display you can rest assured that everything you’re going to watch on it will look breathtaking. The TV comes with Google Cast, Voice Search, and a wide range of very useful preinstalled apps.
One thing you’ll love about it is the fact that Sony uses their latest image processing technology to ensure that your favorite content has more natural tonal gradation, looks brighter, and also has proper contrast. Even better, the Motionflow XR technology ensures that fast paced action scenes experience no or very little judder. All in all, this is definitely one of the best TVs out there for the money.
- Dramatic black and brightness levels.
- 4K HDR makes everything look crisper and more true to life.
- Extreme realism, depth, and color.
- The only flaw this TV has is the fact that it doesn’t work with Verizon Fios.
People who are fans of accurate color reproduction may want to check out the new Sony XBR43X800D. This TV makes everything you watch on it looks crisp and clear. Not only that, but it also has an amazing design that makes it look great in your living room.
5. VIZIO D58u-D3 58″ Class UHD Full-Array LED Smart TV
Yet again we have a Vizio TV that seems to be an excellent choice for those who want to get their hands on a top quality TV without having to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for it. This model is a 4K Full Array LED TV that packs an amazing picture quality thanks to its very pure black levels, high contrast, and great color accuracy.
The D58u features Clear Action 240 technology (120HZ refresh rate), comes with HEVC decoding and dual band Wi-Fi (802.11ac). Lastly, given the fact that it comes with the Spatial Scaling engine, everything you watch on this TV is upscaled to 4K. How cool is that?
- Features ten active LED zones.
- Clear Action 240 technology makes fast scenes look crisp and judder free.
- Comes with dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi module.
- The TV performs very well, but some of the apps on it are unreliable and buggy.
Vizio may be that entry level TV brand that we all love, but the truth is that with the D58u they really managed to come up with a high quality TV that looks amazing in every way. The design is top notch, the performance is excellent and the price is also very good. What more can one ask for?
4. Samsung UN65KS8500 Curved 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
If you really want something different, then you need to take a better look at the Samsung UN65KS8500. One of the things that makes this TV such a great choice is the fact that it comes with Quantum Dot technology. With it, Samsung has aimed to make it look as close as possible to an OLED TV and they were very good at their attempt. The TV has amazing HDR, regardless of room light interference.
Compared to other TV sets out there, the UN65KS8500 is capable of reproducing more than 1 billion colors for lifelike picture quality. Black levels were not neglected and you can expect dark scenes to look simply breathtaking thanks to the Triple Black Technology. Lastly, you can further enhance the TV’s picture quality thanks to UHD dimming. Overall, the UN65KS8500 is by far one of the best 4K TVs you can currently get.
- Triple Black Technology makes dark scenes look incredibly detailed and great.
- The TV is capable of displaying more than 1 billion colors.
- Quantum Dot technology is the closest to OLED picture quality.
- The TV comes with forced ads on the latest updates and the bad news is that you cannot remove them.
If you want to take things to the next level in your living room, then the UN65KS8500 is the way to do that. This is one of the best and closest experiences to OLED panels and is a must buy for any TV enthusiast.
3. LG 55EG9600 55-Inch 2160p 4K Smart Curved Ultra HD 3D OLED TV
The 55EG9600 is an OLED TV which means that everything you watch on it suddenly looks much crisper and more detailed than on any other LCD – LED TV you’ve seen. The TV itself is also a lot thinner than the aforementioned TV types and therefore can be installed anywhere without negatively impacting the decor.
As you might have expected, the TV also comes with a great 4K upscaler, which means that it can convert everything you watch on it to 4K. With this panel LG uses the 4 Color Pixel technology which basically adds 1 white sub pixel to improve both color accuracy and range. There result is more lifelike image quality and colors that will make you hooked on this TV for years to come.
- 4 Color Pixel technology adds 1 white sub pixel to improve both color accuracy and range.
- Extremely deep black levels (perfect black).
- The best picture quality out there.
- The TV is curved and that’s just about the only con about it.
If you’d like to step into the realm of OLED TVs, then you should take the plunge and get the 55EG9600. This TV looks amazing and it’s going to make you want to rewatch all your favorite content again just to see what you’ve been missing out on in terms of overall picture quality. Highly recommended!
2. Hisense 65H10B2 Curved 65-Inch 4K Smart ULED TV
The Hisense 65H10B2 is a curved 4K TV that features LCD display technology and is able to provide clearer and crisper image quality thanks to the company’s use of nanocrystals. In fact, thanks to them, you can enjoy cinema like picture quality in the comfort of your own home.
The TV’s DBX integrated sound technology offers excellent sound quality, while the various pre-installed apps such as Vudu, Facebook, Pandora, and more furthermore enhance the experience of using this amazing TV. Overall, the TV is excellent in terms of picture quality and design and given the fact it has a wide color gamut means that everything you watch on it will basically look like it’s just about to pop right out of the screen.
- Large 65 inch 4K panel makes for a very immersive viewing experience.
- Wide color gamut provides a more vivid, richer, and true to life picture quality.
- Less judder and more evenly distributed bright lights thanks to the Ultra Smooth Motion Rate and Dynamic Backlight Control technologies.
- Poor motion handling.
- The built in Amazon application cannot stream in 4K.
1. LG Electronics 75UH6550 4KUltra HD Smart LED TV
If you’re willing to pay the price for the best 4K TV out there, then this is it: The LG 75UH6550 is a mammoth of a TV at 75 inches and given the fact it’s packed with great technology, you can rest assured that it can provide you with the cinema-like viewing experience you’re looking for.
The TV features LG’s webOS 3.0 operating system, it has a refresh rate of 240Hz, and comes with a wide range of ports as well. Some of them include Ethernet, Optical, Composite, Component, RF, three USB ports, 3 HDMI ports, and more. If you’re up for watching movies and TV shows on one of the best TVs out there, then you certainly need to get the 75UH6550 as soon as possible.
- Very large 75 inch panel makes for a very immersive viewing experience.
- 240Hz motion rate makes fast paced scenes look very lifelike.
- Comes with a wide range of ports and webOS 3.0.
- Someone who got this complained that after eight months his TV developed a vertical line across the screen.
If you have the money to get this bad boy, then you’re going to experience what it feels like to watch movies and TV in general on one of the best 4K TVs on the market today. Since this model boasts excellent picture quality, comes with webOS 3.0 and has a very large screen, you’ll find that everything you watch on it looks that much crisper, more captivating, and more immersive. Highly recommended!
Buying a 4K TV may not be something that you have to worry about every year. If this is the first time in years you need to buy a 4K TV, this guide should be enough for you to get the right one for your budget that can meet your expectations 100%. Just make sure to carefully read this list and then go ahead and buy the TV you like most in terms of display technology, color accuracy, and screen size. Good luck!