For every shopper looking to buy a DVD player for their vehicle, these top 10 best car DVD players in 2023 reviews can offer a head start on the finest products to buy that are a good value for one’s dollar. Keep in mind that not all brands of car DVD players are created equal, so you need to be more careful when looking for the right item to buy. This is why we’re making the entire product selection much simpler for you by featuring some items in this category worth looking into.
When you’re heading to a long haul road trip with your kids, the entire journey may seem a little tedious and boring at times. This is why having some kind of entertainment while in the car will make the trip more tolerable for your passengers. A car DVD player is a device that offers your passengers with an opportunity to find a diversion to their boredom during hours of traveling on the road. They can watch a variety of shows and films on the road, which can also be perfect for families with little ones who may end up getting a little impatient from just staying in their seats. But the question is – which DVD player for cars should you buy?
Best Car DVD Players 2019
To help you answer this question, we invite you to read our top 10 best car DVD players in 2023 reviews. Find out which item goes to the top of our list and go through each product presented to help you make a smart and practical purchasing decision.
Last update on 2023-06-03 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10.XTRONS® 2x HD 10.1-Inch Twins Digital Touch Screen DVD Player for Cars
We think of this car DVD player by XTRONS as an excellent product for those in search of such item that can be installed or removed with ease without the use of sophisticated tools or techniques. It’s a removable car DVD player that can be used either at home or in the car. If you plan on setting it up in your vehicle, there’s no need to use the AC power supply. However, this component is a necessity for home use of the unit. As the DVD player can be set right on the headrest, this offers the right height for watching a show or program of your choice. The AUX in and the AV out allow you to share whatever you’re watching with others. Then, it also supports 32-Bit games, which is an exciting feature that gamers look for in a sophisticated car DVD player.
Whether you opt to view photos, watch videos, or play music, you may do so without a glitch. All you need to do is to plug in your SD card or USB stick into the unit to get started. Although it has a 32 GB maximum capacity, you should make it a point to keep the files in your SD card or USB to about 4 GB.
- Seamless operation of the device
- No issue with the wireless headphones
- Easy to install and set up
- Compatibility with a number of CDs and DVDs
- The touch screen is not highly responsive
- The remote control works for both of the DVD players, which can be confusing
9. XTRONS 2x Ultra Thin 10.1-Inch Digital Car Player
When you think you’ve exhausted your energy in finding the right car DVD player, then think again – this item might just be what you’ve always wanted. This is a lightweight and headrest-mounted car digital player that’s a breeze to setup, install, and use. You can find a wide range of options for the functionality such as the SD/USB, AV input and HDMI capabilities. The overall profile of this device is slim, which makes it look elegant in your vehicle.
If what you’re after is a decent DVD player for your car, then you can never go wrong with this product. It works just as expected, and it’s a no-brainer to get started in using this unit. Once you have it all set up in your car, you should be able to begin watching your favorite movies or listen to some audio files in a snap!
- Secure and hassle-free mounting system
- Visibility is good because of the vertical tilt of the screen
- Slim and sleek profile of the unit
- Lightweight and compact DVD player for your vehicle
- Compared to modern screens, the resolution is a little on the low side
- Access to the DVD is a tad tough when you remove the disk
8. NAVISKAUTO Headrest LCD Car DVD Player 10.1-Inch 1080P HDMI, USB, SD
Our initial impression of this product is rather positive as the package is packed securely. Upon unboxing, we have discovered that every single component needed to get started is included. Thus, there’s no problem with setting it up in our car. There’s even the plastic film attached to the screen, which you need to peel away once you’re ready to start watching. The device appears to be sturdy and well-made, and there’s a robust mount included for the monitor. This way, setting it up on the headrest is more stable.
However, there were a few concerns about this device. The screen tends to stretch the video just to make sure it can fill the screen. This is why it may get a little annoying when you’re watching a1080p movie on the display. Nevertheless, other features work great such as the volume control and the mount.
- High-quality construction for the unit
- High-quality construction for the unit
- Impressive packaging
- Durable and stable mounting
- Lack of instructions on how to get started with the unit
- Stretching the video just to fill in the screen
7. Sylvania SDVD9805/SDVD9805C Dual Screen 9-Inch Car DVD Player
This state-of-the-art DVD player for your car never fails to impress. It offers a dual-screen digital player with 9-inch wide screens, so you can watch your favorite movies anytime and anywhere. If you have movies stored in your USB stick, just plug it into the port, and you can begin browsing through the files you have in it. There are even 2 sets of earphones included, so you have the option to listen to the audio and not disturb everyone else in the car.
When everyone in the backseat starts getting a little restless because of the long car ride, then this DVD car player can take the boredom away. You can listen, watch or view files in your USB stick or check out your favorite movies that pop into the 9-inch clear and color screen. Since it’s a headrest DVD player, getting it all set up is fun and easy.
- Watch two different movies through the dual screens
- Watch two different movies through the dual screens
- Play downloaded digital files through the SD card or USB stick reader
- Car mounting system included
- With built in speakers and 2 sets of earphones
- Comes with a remote control
- Improvements can be made on the connections for the screens
6. Philips PD9012M/37 Portable 9-inch Dual-Screen Car DVD Player
Get some amazing form of entertainment for your passengers while on the road with this portable DVD player for your vehicle. You can take your pick on the movies or music you want to play, which makes the entire car ride more tolerable no matter how lengthy it may be. If you’re a passenger, you won’t end up getting bored ever again by just being stuck in the backseat. With this car DVD player, you have all the fun and diversion you can get as you watch the hours away using this brilliant device.
With a clear 9-inch LCD display for the screen, it’s not a problem to view your videos or shows clearly. Installation is also rather simple, and the DVD player remains stable once setup has been completed.
- Installation goes by in a snap
- User-friendly unit
- It may be necessary to check the cables that will allow the unit to work
- In case the cables you have are not compatible, there’s a need to buy one to get started
5. NAVISKAUTO 10.1-Inch Ultra Thin Profile Tablet-Style Car DVD Headrest Player
This car DVD player features a wide 10.1-inch screen with touch keys for controlling the different functionalities included. Although it does not have a touch screen display, it’s easy to manipulate the device because of the highly responsive features included. Plus, with a wide view angle for the display, you can expect a better output each time you watch the video of your choice. There are various ports built right into the unit including the 2.0 USB, HDMI, speaker, IR, FM, MMC and SD card slot, and 32-bit wireless game function with a game disk.
Watching the same movies is possible once you have connected the two screens by the AV output and input cables. But if this is not the case, the headrest digital player will work separately, which is also a good thing depending on your preference. When using the HDMI function, you can simply synchronize the video or audio playing in the DVD with your device such as a Kindle Fire, mobile phone, computer, or raspberry pie.
- Screen and visual quality are outstanding
- Booting and reading a DVD disc are both quick and easy
- No skipping of the disc even when there are vibrations in the car
- It may take some getting used to and familiarization to know how to activate all the features
4. NAVISKAUTO 10.1- Inch Car Headrest Inhalation DVD Player
This headrest DVD player for the car from Naviskauto has a nice 10.1-inch screen that is big enough to let you watch your movies while on the road without having to experience discomfort or frustrations. The composition of this unit is also impressive, as there is an optical drive inside it with a suction type design. Thus, each time you insert the disc, this loads automatically without any glitch. You can change discs easily, and even children can simply pop in a disc anytime they want to go from one movie to another. With the HDMI input, this lets you synchronize videos and audio from your mobile device such as kindle fire, mobile phone, as well as your computer. Included in the package are everything you need to get started with watching or listening to music onboard such as the 10.1-inch DVD player, 12-volt car charger, power cable, IR remote control, two AAA batteries, AC adapter, manual, ISO harness, and the headrest mount bracket.
This unit has the AV in and the AV out function, which enables it to play similar movies from your SD card, USB, or disc once you have connected the 2 DVD players by both the AV input and output cables. Unless you do this, the units will work separately.
- Installation is easy using the mounting brackets included in the box.
- Snyc your videos from other devices such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
- The dual screen 10.1-inch monitor gives you a satisfactory viewing experience.
- Make it a point to read the manual carefully to ensure success and convenience in the installation process.
3. NAVISKAUTO 10.1-Inch Ultra Thin Dual Screen DVD Player Car Headrest
Road trips have never been so much fun, thanks to this great-quality DVD player for the car headrest. The Naviskauto dual-screen DVD player for the car comes in a 10.1-inch two screens, so you can watch your favorite films or videos while you are on the road. The DVD player is built right into this unit, so you can pop in your discs and view movies for hours on end. The picture quality is impressive and the audio is pretty decent. It is not the best, but you cannot really expect much from a portable, car headrest DVD player and monitor, anyway. If the volume does not suffice, you can always wear your headphones or make use of the onboard speakers to amplify the sound. There is a remote control for easy access of all the settings. In case you want to use this at home, there is a kickstand that allows you to prop this unit up on a table. There are also power cords for car and another one for home use.
The cords have a good length, so there is no problem in case the outlet is far from the unit. But there is something to be improved on with the wires running between the DVD player. If you think these are two loose, you have the option to bind them together with an electrical tape to keep them neat.
- Can be used in the car or at home, as there are two power cords included.
- The video quality is great with decent audio for your viewing or music listening pleasure.
- The unit comes with a remote control for convenience in navigating the screen.
- The loose cables can be a nuisance as the cord is quite long.
- If you use the AVI output file, the resolution needs to be at least 720 x 576 or even less, which impacts the picture quality.
2. Android 5.1 Headrest Video Player Monitor for Car
If you want some entertainment during a long car ride, then this 10.1-inch headrest video player monitor is a good choice for you. It features the Android 5.1 Operating System that allows you to access a number of Google apps to boost the functionality of this video player. The screen is big enough for a comfortable viewing experience at 10.1 inches. Plus, the display has a touchscreen function that makes it easy for you to select your preferred menu or settings while watching videos, listening to music, or viewing photos. The monitor relies on the human body’s electrical properties in detecting the portion of the display that is being touched, which makes it highly responsive. Most importantly, this unit can support Wifi to give you a chance to sync your music, videos, or photos in the phone upon pairing this device with the video player.
Perhaps the only thing that you need to be aware of about this product is the installation process. Be sure to read the manual carefully to avoid any issue with the connection and to boost your overall experience in using this unit. Also, the sound quality is not that great, so you may have to use your earphones or headphones while watching movies.
- Functions as a tablet when you are on the go or as a car headrest video player.
- Large screen supports 1080 p resolution for an excellent viewing experience.
- The Wifi connectivity lets you sync the unit with your phone or other mobile device.
- The audio quality is not quite impressive.
1. 10.1-Inch Portable and Ultra-Thin Car Headrest Dvd Player
When it comes to a portable and highly functional car DVD player, this product is one that is unlikely to disappoint. It is great for use whether at home or in the car, and you will love the average size of the screen at 10.1 inches. There are various ports and slots included, which cater to your SD card, USB stick, and even wireless games. The other features of this headrest car DVD player are the CD player, CD-R, FM, DVD player, and CD-RW, as well as MP4 and MP3. If you wish to enable the synchronized playing video of this headrest DVD, you may do so with your mobile phone, laptop, or computer.
For the most part, this device is a true value for your money. It works as what’s stated in the box, and we like the ease in the installation. We feel that this item is an outstanding deal worth our money.
- Slim and sleek profile
- With touch key and clear HD screen
- Accessories added for the installation
- Installation may be a bit cumbersome without having a better understanding of the instructions
Having a car DVD player can make every road trip even more enjoyable than ever. This piece of equipment can keep your passengers entertained while putting an end to the classic question “Are we there yet?” So, we’re hoping you were able to find the product of your choice after checking out our top 10 best car DVD players in 2023 reviews that should meet your needs and standards. Just be sure to consider the features you want and find out if the items on this list match the specifications you prefer in the unit.
Car DVD Players- Buyer’s Guide
Heading out on a long road trip? If you have a few youngsters in tow, then you need to come up with ways to keep them entertained and prevent them from getting antsy about the hours and hours of travel. This is why a car DVD player is quite a necessity during these situations as your passengers can have a great time while you cruise along the road and let the hours pass by.
Now, when it comes to buying a good quality DVD player for your car, you need to keep in mind a few things. Of course, there are different features and styles of this unit available in the market, and it helps to be aware of your options before you make a purchase. Here is our guide on how to buy the best car DVD player that should give you a great bang for your buck.
- Determine the best type to buy: The perfect location of the DVD player in the car has a huge impact on your passengers’ viewing experience. This is why you should decide if you should go ahead with a headrest DVD player, one that you can set up on your rearview mirror, an in-dash, or a flip-down DVD player. Among these, though, you may want a headrest DVD player because this should give a better viewing angle for your passengers. An in-dash or rearview mirror style may not be advisable, though, because drivers might lose sight of the road and can lead to potential accidents.
- Format: Perhaps you’re not planning on just playing DVDs since you may want to also listen to music while driving. In this case, choose a DVD player that is compatible with various formats such as CD, CD-R, MP3, and DVD-R. Such kind of unit will not limit you from playing just movies in a DVD format, thus giving you more options.
- Size of the Screen: We understand that it’s not at all like watching in the theater, but at least you can be sure the screen is larger than your phone’s! You can find portable DVDs that come in varied screen sizes, with the widest one at 18 inches. But then you have to factor in a few things when deciding whether to go for such large screen or settle for moderate sized ones. If the screen is too big that it barely fits in the designated space in your car, then just go for 13 or less, which should still be a decent size.
- Added Features: Swivel screen, audio outputs and inputs, and even a GPS are some of the newer features you can find in some DVD players for cars. But of course, as the unit becomes more and more elaborate, the price hikes up, too. So if you’re on a tight budget, just stick with the basics without compromising the quality of the unit.
Shopping for a portable car DVD player can be a tedious thing to do. However, if you have the essential features clear in mind, you should be able to find the perfect unit that works for your needs and budget. With a long battery life, sturdy exterior, and format compatibility, your choice of portable DVD should be worth a shot.
Just got my driver’s license and currently working on upgrading my 2008 Skoda on a #studentbudget We’re talking about a really, really, really old car here. Budget is a big issue, I can not afford to invest more than $100 into it, it is just a radio, guys! I am well aware that touch screen features might be outdated or wonky but I really, really need a decent dvd player, the silence to and from work is driving me insane!
I have been using the NAVISKAUTO 10.1″ dual screen DVD Player and I wanted to say that it’s well worth a look. The picture is clear as day, it’s very easy to install and there’s the DVD player loading in front that is helpful for me. The price is pretty good considering what it offers. The overall build quality is unexpectedly good. I wouldn’t have even known about this model if it wasn’t for a friend that told me about it and asked me to try it out. Glad I did.