Whether you are an aspiring DJ, or you are one by profession, then these top 10 best DJ headphones in 2018 reviews can help you make the right choice on the product to purchase. These are some of the finest brands available in the market, which we have tested ourselves to give you a few options to consider when shopping for a good pair of DJ headphones. Check out our list and compare the different featured items as presented below.
When buying DJ headphones, you may want to consider a few things that will lead you to an excellent purchase. For instance, you want a pair that is comfortable to wear even for several hours. An adjustable headband, along with padded ear cups should be perfect since these will eliminate any sense of discomfort. Also, high-resolution audio, Hi-Fi stereo, as well as a rich and deep bass can put you in the groove once the music starts. You will also have a greater feel of the beat as you make your show-stopping music mix. These are only basic features DJs look for in the best headphones, which you should consider, as well.
Best DJ Headphones in 2018
With all these in mind, let us have a look at these top 10 best DJ headphones in 2018 reviews. Choose from our recommended items, so you can have a better idea of what suits your needs perfectly.
- 10.LASMEX L-85 Hi-f Stereo Wired Professional DJ Headphones
- 9. OneOdio DJ Headphones Adapter-free
- 8. Behringer HPX2000 HD DJ Headphones
- 7. Sony DJ Headphones
- 6. Technics RPDJ1210 Swing Arm Design DJ Headphones
- 5. Monster DJ Headphones Over-Ear Design
- 4. Razer Adaro Analog DJ Headphones
- 3. Monoprice 108323 Hi-Fi Premium DJ Style Pro Over the Ear Headphones
- 2. Panasonic Over the Ear Quick-Fit DJ Headphones Stereo Monitor
- 1. Sennheiser DJ Headphones HD 7
- DJ Headphones – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
10.LASMEX L-85 Hi-f Stereo Wired Professional DJ Headphones
These headphones boast of the 50 mm drivers that are precision-tuned to give you an outstanding dynamic sound and high-fidelity audio, along with a booming bass to let you feel the beat. With a brilliant semi-open design, you can experience a combination of superb frequency response and natural sound reproduction, plus an expansive audio stage that are all essential for your listening pleasure whether it is a studio recording, computer gaming, or a critical indoor music listening.
We also like the headphone design, which comes with an adjustable headband made of steel-reinforced leather with steel mesh and aluminum shell. These all add to the durability and solid build of the headphone, thus making it last even when exposed to the toughest conditions. Then, there are rotatable ear cups with protein earpads for enhanced softness and comfort.
- Crystal clear dynamic sound
- Exceptional construction design for the headband and ear cups
- In-line mic and voice control button
- Chic and professional appearance
- The bass is a little on the weak side
9. OneOdio DJ Headphones Adapter-free
For an impressive high definition sound, this is one product that will not disappoint. It features premium 50 mm high-performing driver units that can produce great accuracy for the mid and high tones. Even when you turn up the volume to its maximum level, the tones remain the same as their original recording quality and never lacking in composure. With a noise isolation technology, you can hear the music clearly even if there are sounds in the surrounding area. You will not undergo any distraction because the music you hear in your headphones remains crisp and rich.
These are adapter-free headphones, which means there is a 6.3mm plug located on one end that can come in handy when you perform your DJ sessions while the plug on the other side functions for music-listening. You can detach these plugs, as well, and this gives you the freedom of not having to stay plugged into the mixer the whole time.
- Ultra-comfortable ear cups
- Swivel ear cups can be folded for easy storage
- Detachable cable for greater ease and convenience
- High Definition audio quality
- These headphones are not mobile phone-friendly
8. Behringer HPX2000 HD DJ Headphones
If you are in need of professional quality DJ headphones, then this product by Behringer should be your best bet. These headphones provide transparent highs combined with HD bass that come out rich and clear. With a high dynamic range, the tones come out full without any distortion. You will love the connector and adapter included that you can use to attach to the mixer once you start listening to music. The bass is outstanding no matter how low the frequencies may be. Although these may not be able to hit the very low frequencies as well as other headphones, the sound is accurate enough.
As for the headband, you can adjust this with ease to meet your preferred fit. The ear cups are also comfortable against your ear, plus these help in isolating the noise from the surrounding to give you a surround sound quality.
- Rich and full bass
- Reasonable price point
- Comfortable headphones
- The ear cups may be better if these come in an oval shape
- A detachable cord would also be a practical addition to the features of these headphones
7. Sony DJ Headphones
Sony is a renowned brand when it comes to electronics, and these headphones are not an exception. We love these lightweight and compact headphones that offer the finest listening experience for audiophiles and professional or aspiring DJs. Right out of the box, these headphones should be ready to use, so you can get started and plug these into your mixer or any device to play your music. Although they may appear quite plain and simple, the sound quality will impress you. These are certainly not your average headphones because they have so much to offer for the price tag.
The ear pads are also very comfortable, and you will not feel a hint of pain in your ears no matter how much you move. But of course, it is only practical to take them off on every now and again to let your ears “breathe.” This is only basic for any pair of headphones since they always have a tendency to make your ears get hot over time. Overall, though, the fit is superb since you can easily adjust the headband.
- Excellent audio quality
- Durable and sturdy build
- Short cord for your convenience
- Foldable and comfortable ear cups
- Does not offer a flat frequency response
6. Technics RPDJ1210 Swing Arm Design DJ Headphones
These headphones by Technics will never disappoint you because of the remarkable frequency response that this offer, which should be perfect for music mixing and DJ use. No matter how tough and rigorous your audio requirements are, you can count on these headphones built for the club scene. With a high input and expansive frequency range premium driver unit, the sound quality is as stable and rich as how you want it to be. After all, these headphones are built and designed with a professional DJ’s needs in mind. Thus, it has all the right features you need for playing and mixing music just like a pro.
We also like the design of these headphones, specifically the swing arm mechanism that these come with. This feature makes the headset easy to take off and wear while allowing you to store it neatly after use. There is a nice carrying pouch included for keeping your headphones in great condition all the time.
- Comfortable and soft ear pad with adjustable headband
- Excellent audio performance
- Good frequency response
- These are a little small for those who have a thicker neck
- While they can be adjusted, these just do not expand that much
5. Monster DJ Headphones Over-Ear Design
The name of these headphones truly stands by the quality you can expect from these because of the superior comfort and sound quality that this offer. For the most part, the headband can be extended and stretched as the material used is a flexible type of plastic. We also love the soft ear cups that support the ear no matter how many hours you may end up putting these on. Even after an extended period of wearing these headphones, there is no such thing as a headache or an earache to deal with. There is ample space, as well, even if you wear glasses.
As for the audio quality, we can say that it is above average. The loudness is increased when you hook these headphones up to your mixer or PC, although the sound may not be as much when you use your smartphone. The bass may lack in richness, but these should suffice for the fullness you may look for.
- Adjustable headband offers great comfort
- Above average quality of sound
- Decent noise canceling feature
- A bit on the bulky and heavy side
- Not the best bass quality
4. Razer Adaro Analog DJ Headphones
The sound produced by these headphones is impressive, thanks to the large and balanced drivers that can turn all acoustics into natural-sounding tones with full bass. These features make the headphones ideal whenever you want to jam to your favorite tracks or when working your spins behind the console. These drivers are secured in a durable housing, which is mainly the well-designed ear cup. The pair of ear cups can swivel, and you may rotate them in a way that will allow them to collapse and fold into a smaller unit. This makes storage much easier after using the headphones.
As a bonus, the cable system of these headphones can be swapped between the straight and coiled cables. Depending on what you prefer, you should easily switch from one cable type to another. Lastly, there is a carrying case where you can organize the ear cups and take them with you anywhere you may go.
- Impressive packaging
- Sturdy and comfortable headphones
- Snug fit for the headband – perfect for long hours of use
- Strong and excellent bass response
- Thin headband without much padding
- Does not come with a mic
- Non-removable wire
3. Monoprice 108323 Hi-Fi Premium DJ Style Pro Over the Ear Headphones
No matter how many hours you spend on spinning tunes, you should find these headphones great to use in terms of comfort and ease. Whether you are a casual music listener or a pro music spinner, you can expect the highest level of satisfaction from these headphones. The ear pieces are well-padded and thick enough to block the noise out from the outside while keeping the music sealed inside. These can also rotate to a maximum of 90 degrees. Thus they can function as a pair of speakers. As for the headband, there is ample padding, along with a flexible rubber incorporated into the design to make it stretchable and adjustable.
Although there is no fixed wire to the headset, the bottom part of the left ear piece comes with a 3.5mm jack. This enables you to insert a 3.5 mm audio patch type of cable to this portion. So, if there is an instance of breaking a wire, there is no need to throw the headphones away because you can always purchase a new cable if necessary.
- Premium volume and sound clarity guaranteed
- Compatible with various audio devices, Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- Comfortable earpieces and headband
- Some people may experience some tightness on their head when they put on these headphones for hours
2. Panasonic Over the Ear Quick-Fit DJ Headphones Stereo Monitor
Expect the sheer comfort from these headphones that are lightweight and portable – great for DJs and music lovers who are always on the go. With a quick-fit design, you can simply put these on and instantly get the right fit you want from headphones. The design is created in such a way that allows for an efficient adjustment of the headband, along with a basic noise isolation capability. Plus, these headphones have a reversible housing that is great for single-side monitoring whenever you need these for DJ use.
As for the sound quality, you will love the natural treble and rich bass, which are made possible by the 50 mm neodymium-made drivers. Hence, the sound is accurate, and the bass is resonant and deep. The highs and mids remain precise and detailed even when you turn the volume up.
- Includes an extra-long single sided cord measuring 9.8 feet in length
- Expanded 50 mm drivers and neodymium magnets offer an excellent frequency response
- Comfortable foam ear pads
- The cable is not detachable
- There is less clamping pressure
1. Sennheiser DJ Headphones HD 7
Now for the top DJ headphones based on our tests, we bring you the Sennheiser HD7. These are impressive headphones that provide the clearest highs and mids, along with the fullest bass you can get. Although the external noise is not completely blocked out, we like that even at 30 percent volume, we hear nothing but only our music. The elliptical and closed back design not only provides comfort, but this also minimizes background noise significantly.
There are two cords included, which come in handy depending on your activity. As for the ear cups, you can swivel these to give you a customized fit that you want. All in all, we are very pleased with these headphones because of the rich sound, perfect fit, and durable quality this offer.
- Straight and Coiled cords included
- Effectively minimizes external noise
- Decent bass and treble quality
- The headband tends to push down and irritate the top part of the head
There you have our top 10 best headphones in 2018 reviews. We hope we have helped you in some way when it comes to choosing the right product worth your dollar. These highly recommended headphones should be able to offer you with the kind of performance you search for such item to give you an excellent music listening experience that you have always wanted.
DJ Headphones – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
With a great pair of DJ headphones, monitoring your show should be a cinch! Plus, even if you have to take on long gigs that take all night (and up to the break of dawn), your ears won’t complain if your headphones are ultra comfortable. So before you head to the club, be sure to grab the best DJ headphones that will make spinning so effortless and fun.
Here, we have prepared a list of features you need to look for in a pair of DJ headphones that will give you the best bang for your buck. Not only are these features non-negotiable, but you’ll be sure your headphones will hold up quite well even with the abuse they go through session after session.
- Sound Matters: You want headphones that can offer crisp and solid highs and enhanced lows. After all, you focus more on the hi-hats, snares, and the low tones of the kick drums whenever you’re mixing instead of the sonic details that aren’t much of the priority. While 20 to as much as 20,000Hz may be considered as the standard, opting for wider frequency range makes a huge difference. Louder lows are also more enhanced when you go for 40 mm drivers or larger. And for impedance, you can never go wrong with a 25 ohms rating.
- Get Comfortable: This is a no brainer for you since you wouldn’t even want to wear your headphones for hours even if the sound is impeccable if they’re not comfortable. Go for a pair that comes with ample cushioning for the headband and great quality ear pads. Adjustable headphones are also great, so you can customize the fit for your unique needs. If you’re the type you prefer moving around the booth, detachable or coiled cords are just perfect for you.
- Folding: You travel a lot, so your headphones should be easy to bring along to your gigs. It’s why you should consider getting a foldable pair that’s portable and travel-friendly. If you get one that doesn’t fold, then you might just end up breaking them while in transit. And who would want headphones that take up so much room in the bag, right? It’s just not practical when you’ve got just a limited space for your travel essentials.
Make no mistake when you buy DJ headphones. Always look for the basic features that can offer you total comfort and ease as you spin and cue your mixes. And one more thing – check the cord design. If it doesn’t come with a single cord, then it’s not the one you need. DJ headphones always come with a single cord style to eliminate booth accidents and annoying tangles.