These top 10 best GoPro poles in 2017 reviews feature highly recommended products in the market under this category. Since you are using this type of camera, it is only right that you get a highly durable selfie stick suitable for this device. Thus, we bring to you our list of sturdy and high-performance poles for your GoPro camera. Take a look at these options that you may want to consider for your own photography needs.
A selfie stick may seem to be a practical choice for a GoPro, but this will not suffice if the quality is not good enough. Ideally, a monopod that is as rugged and well-designed as your camera is the ideal choice. You want a stick that is stable, sturdy, and tough when it comes to handling harsh conditions. In addition, a wrist strap may also come in handy, as this is a great accessory that will provide an extra protection to your device and prevent it from incurring damages. A GoPro pole that is saltwater-proof is also good, particularly if you are planning on heading out to the sea for your water sports while taking photos.
Best GoPro Poles in 2017
Now that you know some essential features in a great quality selfie stick, let’s have a look at these top 10 best GoPro poles in 2017 reviews. Discover what each item has to offer and decide the best among these that will be worth your precious dollar.
- 10.Shineda GoPro Pole Telescopic Monopod Handheld Pole
- 9.Smatree SmaPole Carbon Fiber S2C Extendable GoPro Pole
- 8.UKPro 38HD POLE Telescoping Floating GoPro Pole
- 7. ProFloat Floating Waterproof HandGrip GoPro Pole
- 6.Smatree SmaPole Telescoping Y2 Pole for GoPro Cameras, with Tripod Stand
- 5. Sinnofoto® S1 Selfie Monopod with Waterproof and Handheld Features for Hero 1-4
- 4.Smatree SmaPole S1 Handheld All-aluminum Alloy Telescopic Pole
- 3.Smatree SmaPole S3C Detachable and Extendable Carbon Fiber Floating GoPro Pole
- 2.Smatree SmaPole S2 Telescopic Pole All-aluminum Alloy Material
- 1.GoRad Gear Extendable and Waterproof GoPro Selfie Stick
10.Shineda GoPro Pole Telescopic Monopod Handheld Pole
We are impressed with this sturdy and durable pole that is compatible with various GoPro camera models including the Hero, Hero 2, 3, 4, Hero 3+, and the Hero 4 Session. It may be tough and sturdy, but you will love how lightweight this pole is at the same time. You should not have any problem with holding it for an extended time, unlike with other selfie sticks that seem to wear you down after a few minutes of usage. Since it is easy to use, you should not encounter any issue with connecting it to your camera and start shooting videos or taking photos.
Whenever you are on the go, you will find this monopod a breeze to use. It is easy to extend this pole to its maximum length, as this will allow you to obtain a versatile and professional-quality shot. In fact, if you are out at a concert, festival, or any similar event, this pole should be perfect in capturing clear images even if there is a huge crowd in front of you.
- Soft and comfortable grip
- Lightweight, stable, and made of aluminum alloy
- Will not cause your arm to get tired after long term use
- If tends to wiggle a bit and may be a little on the flimsy side
For those in search of a stable and sturdy GoPro pole, this SmaPole S2C is a fine option to consider. It is made of an industry-standard carbon fiber for the body, while the tripod mount is constructed from aluminum alloy. A highly secure tripod mount, it comes with a built-in nut and CNC molded for maximum durability. Plus, with a Wifi remote control housing, you can simply place the remote controller for convenience in taking photos or videos when the camera is high up on the other end of the pole.
It is easy to set up this pole as there are three sections included, which you can simply lock for security. Then, the bottom part of the pole has a wrist strap buckle, and you can count on this to prevent the pole from falling. There is also no risk of losing the pole whenever you are engaged in sports that involve a high speed and intense movement.Pros:
- Easy to install and set up
- Strong, durable, and stable pole
- Great for use on active sports and adventures
- The black adjuster located on the strap is not the best quality we have seen so far
We have seen and heard of several GoPro poles in the market, but not many have ever reached our high standards. This UKPro 38 HD is one of the best we have found, as it offers numerous functionality including a sturdy build and its capability to float. What’s more, we like how it is longer than the other floating poles, so taking photos with excellent angles has never been made much easier.
The design and build of this pole are both impressive. The feel is quite solid and far from being flimsy. There is also the twist to lock and unlock mechanism, and this feature enables us to shorten or retract the pole whenever necessary.
- May be used in saltwater
- Comes with a durable hand leash or strap
- Folds neatly and a breeze to pack or bring along as a carry on in your backpack
- Once the stick gets some water inside it, there is a strange noise that forms, but does not stay long
Be sure your GoPro device stays secure and well-protected with this well-designed pole that you can take with you on land or in the water. It works great in allowing you to capture the finest shots using your camera, and there is even a floating stabilizer that will keep the pole afloat in case it submerges in the water by accident. Whenever you want to engage in scuba diving, surfing, or any type of water activities, you can count on this selfie stick to work as expected.
Handling the monopod is quite comfortable, thanks to the EVA grip that also prevents the stick from slipping off your hand when it gets wet. Then, there is an 180-degree tilt, so you can capture more images around you. Compatible with various models including the Hero 1-4, Hero Session, and HD Black and Silver, you will love this multifunctional and versatile GoPro Pole for your photo ops.
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to bring along anywhere you go
- Stays afloat during accidental submersion in the water
- Attaches well to your camera
- May be a little pricey
This is indeed a dependable and high performance telescoping GoPro pole that offers numerous benefits to every user. It comes with a variable length, which we can extend from 15 to 48 inches. So, if you need to take photos of images at a farther distance, you can count on this to make it happen for you. However, you have to realize the importance of a strong and steady grip once you have extended the pole to its maximum length.
This is a versatile tripod mount that is compatible with any type of camera. With the tripod mount and screw, as well as the universal phone mount, you can attach your device without any problem.
- There is a remote housing located on the pole – and there is no risk of the remote falling out
- The tripod stand and the lanyard can be interchanged
- With a detachable remote holder that can be positioned securely, this component does not move or fall off as you conduct your filming or shots
- The legs on the tripod mount section should be locked to achieve stability
Made of aircraft-grade aluminum, this monopod comes with an antioxidant and anti-scratch surface, which makes it last for a number of years. With an anti-slip handle, you should be able to have a good grip of the pole even if your hands are wet. What’s more, there is an adjustable strap that allows you to secure the pole further in case you bring this with you in the water. With a temporary floating design, this should not sink immediately in the water once submerged for a quick period.
Adjusting the length of the pole is not too difficult, and all it takes is the twist-locking system. You can customize the pole’s length by loosening and tightening it according to what meets your needs. As a bonus, you can use this pole as a walking stick for your hikes.
- Adjustable and customizable length
- Comfortable grip for the handle
- Sturdy and will stand the test of time
- Offers only a temporary floating capability
Lightweight, sturdy, and stable, this GoPro pole by SmaTree is crafted from the finest aluminum alloy material. This makes the pole lightweight, yet highly durable at the same time. Unlike with other poles that come with a plastic head, this product has a CNC-molded nut made of aluminum alloy for the tripod mount constructed of the same material. Extending the length is also possible from 15.8 inches to as much as 40.5 inches.
There are three different sections for this pole, which allow you to fully extend it according to your liking. Then, there is the familiar pole bottom with a sturdy blue cord buckle that can secure the stick whenever you are racing, biking, or surfing.
- Comes with a catchy, yet elegant color
- The swivel feature is easy to use
- It is a steady and secure GoPro pole
- There is no tight waterproof seal located between the sections
- Clearing up the slider from water may be tough
Another reliable pole to use for your GoPro camera, the S3C is a floatable and long pole that can extend to a good length of 39.5 inches. If you wish, you may detach the floating pole, as there are that portion and the extendable part, and these two may be used individually. Made of carbon fiber, this is a light and strong pole that you can count on for your photography needs.
Once folded, the pole is just a little over 12 inches in length. This is why it is possible to pack it in your backpack for easy storage. Contracting and extending the stick are also effortless, so you can have it ready for use in seconds.
- Comes with a floating pole
- Deployment of the pole according to your desired length is easy
- Lightweight and small for your convenience
- The stick tends to make some noise when you change the position of your hand
Highly mobile, durable, and solid, the S2 is a great quality GoPro pole that you can use for taking photos on land or in the water. There is a secure body that can be extended to as much as 40.5 inches, but may also be retracted to 15.8 inches. The long size makes the pole perfect for helping you achieve an exceptional shooting effect.
There is a fixed tripod mount included in this item, which is CNC-molded for optimum durability. A built-in nut is added, so there is no risk of losing it. Plus, with a housing for the remote controller, you can stop or start your shots while the pole is in an elevated position.
- Can be retracted to 15.8 inches and extended to 40.5 inches
- Has a remote controller housing for ease of use
- Adjusting the length is quick and secure
- There is no remote controller included
No matter how tough the activity you engage in, this selfie stick for GoPro cameras allows you to take superior quality photos all the time. It is a pro-grade stick that is made only of the finest material, specifically anodized aluminum for the tubing. Then, there is a thumb screw with CNC aluminum and a tripod mount made of the same type of metal. With a twist-locking system, the pole can be extended to as much as 40 inches and retracted to 17 inches.
As this is a waterproof pole, you will never have to worry about bringing it along with you whenever you go kayaking, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, or skiing. There is also a carry bag made of nylon included in the package for better storage of the pole and other accessories for your camera.
- Waterproof and sturdy materials
- Comes with a nylon carry bag with a shoulder strap
- Ease of capturing varied points-of-views and extraordinary angles
- The price is a little steep, but the overall quality of the pole is superb
Make it a point to check our top 10 best GoPro poles in 2017 reviews before you head to the store to get your own. This list should give you some ideas on the finest items in the market worth your money, so you will not be disappointed once you have finally made your purchase. Consider your needs and specifications when choosing the right pole to buy, which should lead you to the right product that could offer you total satisfaction.