A pair of ever-reliable kitchen shears is just what you need for a number of cooking preparations such as deboning a chicken or even cutting vegetables and herbs. This is why in our top 10 best heavy duty kitchen shears 2018 reviews, we have selected for you the finest products on the market today under this category. These items are among the highly rated ones in terms of their performance, so you may find these quite ideal for your needs.
If you are in search of kitchen shears, there are a few important features to look for that will help you achieve total satisfaction with your purchase. For instance, you should consider the sharpness of the blade, along with a rust-resistant quality. The screw that connects both blades must be secure, and it would also be good if you can separate the blades for easy sharpening and cleaning. An ergonomic handle is also ideal to ensure your comfort whenever you use the shears.
Best Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears 2018
Here are our top picks for the best heavy duty kitchen shears. Find out more about each item as you check out the features and benefits as presented below.
- 10.Wusthof Come-Apart 8 Inch Kitchen Shears 5558-1
- 9. Latest Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Kitchen Shears
- 8.MAIRICO Premium Ultra Sharp Kitchen Shears
- 7. Ado Glo Stainless Steel Kitchen Shears
- 6.Gelindo Stainless Steel Kitchen Scissors
- 5.Chefs Grade Heavy Duty Kitchen Scissors with Silicone Brush
- 4.Kitchen Scissors 8-in-1 Set
- 3.Kitchen Shears with Take Apart Design
- 2.KitchenAid Shears (Soft-Grip Comfortable Handles
- 1.OXO Good Grips Black Spring-Loaded Kitchen Shears
- Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
10.Wusthof Come-Apart 8 Inch Kitchen Shears 5558-1
With just the right length of blades, these pair of kitchen shears should be perfect whenever you need to cut a variety of items including food, cardboard, plastic, and flowers. The blades are made from stainless steel with an inward curve to make sure the cutting action remains seamless and precise. There are also serrations on one blade to ensure stability. When it is time to clean and resharpen the blades, simply take them apart and secure them afterward using the screw.
If you prefer longer blades, these shears may not work for you. Also, there were some complaints about the blades coming apart too easily, but this only happens when you open the kitchen shears too far.
9. Latest Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Kitchen Shears
Whenever you need a multi-purpose pair of kitchen shears, then this product is a good bet. It is highly functional for a number of purposes whether it is for cutting vegetables, meats, paper, plastic, and so on. With sharp blades crafted from stainless steel and edges that are micro-serrated, cutting various items remains exact, stable, and slip-proof. You can also use the serrated area as a bottle opener or for cracking nuts. Lastly, the handles are comfortable enough for your convenience.
8.MAIRICO Premium Ultra Sharp Kitchen Shears
Made with superior quality blades, these kitchen shears are ideal for use on various kitchen tasks including cutting meat, deboning, and butterflying poultry. The cut is always precise and smooth, so there is no hassle to deal with at all. In fact, you can also use this tool for cutting other materials such as rose stems, cardboards, herbs, and plastic. As a bonus, there are other functions that these kitchen shears offer such as for cracking nuts and opening bottles. As the blades are made of stainless steel, these remain resistant to corrosion and rust.
7. Ado Glo Stainless Steel Kitchen Shears
When it comes to durable kitchen shears, this product from Ado Glo is one that you can count on. The blades are corrosion-resistant and sturdy as these are crafted from high carbon and sharp stainless steel. You can use these utility scissors for a number of purposes such as cutting herbs, vegetables, poultry, cracking nuts, and opening bottles. With a blade cover included in the package, this prevents accidents in the kitchen when the knife is not being used.
Overall, these shears are highly durable and sharp. However, the blades tend to become a little loose over time, so it would be best if they can be tightened to prevent them from coming apart easily. As for the performance of the shears, though, there is no problem at all because of the smooth and flawless cutting action.
6.Gelindo Stainless Steel Kitchen Scissors
In terms of appearance, everything about these shears is truly elegant. The packaging is also impressive, which makes this product a fine gift idea for a friend or family member. Now, as for its functions, you can count on its performance as the blades are made from 4mm heavy duty stainless steel right from the tip to the very end. The triple rivets also add to its sturdiness. With these scissors, you can effortlessly cut through metal, plastic, or paper without any problem at all.
Without a doubt, these shears are heavy duty and get the job done well. But there were some issues about cutting through chicken joints, which other users encountered when using these shears. But generally, the scissors worked quite well.
5.Chefs Grade Heavy Duty Kitchen Scissors with Silicone Brush
For various kitchen tasks, you can rely on these kitchen scissors for precision cutting. The handles are heavy duty and comfortable, and these are spring-loaded for optimum slicing power. The blades come in an all-metal construction, which adds to the sharpness and durability. This material also makes the shears easy to clean and sharpen, so you can be sure to rely on this tool for several years.
There is no problem with the sharpness of the blades, as the quality is superb and the material used promotes precision cutting. However, you will have to resharpen the blades to promote their optimum performance no matter what item you are cutting.
4.Kitchen Scissors 8-in-1 Set
These kitchen scissors come with a take-apart design for the blades, so you can easily remove debris or dirt stuck in them after cutting. The blades are also ultra sharp for cutting up meats, and there is a magnetic storage container that lets you keep the knife safe and ready to use all the time. Aside from using the shears for cutting, there are also other functions that these offer including as a vegetable peeler, screwdriver, fish scaler, bottle opener, cheese grater, and nutcracker.
There were no complaints when it comes to using the scissors and all the other functions that this tool has. But then, the inner rivet is not rust-proof, which is a slight drawback of this product. However, the precision cutting is a great feature that this product offers.
3.Kitchen Shears with Take Apart Design
Quite a reliable pair of kitchen shears, you can never go wrong by choosing this product. There are sharp blades that allow you to use these scissors for cutting flower stems, plastic, meats, vegetables, and paper. The blades are also dishwasher-safe, but it is more idealy to handwash this tool to promote its longer lifespan. As for the multiple functions of this product, it can serve as a peeler, nutcracker, fish scaler, bottle opener, and meat cutter. The handles are also comfortable for your convenience even with extended use.
Just remember that the shears come apart easily. This can be a little uncomfortable for some people to deal with if they prefer to have the blades to be adjustable instead of removable. But for the purpose of cleaning and resharpening the blades, this feature is an advantage.
2.KitchenAid Shears (Soft-Grip Comfortable Handles
Cutting any item in the kitchen has never been more convenient and precise, thanks to the Kitchen Aid shears. This product has stainless steel blades for optimum durability and sharpness, and there is a blade guard made of plastic that serves as a protective component of these shears. There are micro-serrations to the blade, along with extra thickness for maximum strength. Moreover, the handles are comfortable to your hand, and there is a soft-grip and non-slip design for stability.
This is indeed a remarkable product with all the basic features. But some people noticed the lack of other features such as the jar and bottle opener, which the other pair of shears comes with. In terms of the ease of cutting, though, this item works amazingly well.
1.OXO Good Grips Black Spring-Loaded Kitchen Shears
Never again will you have to deal with a dull pair of kitchen scissors, as long as you switch to this product. The OXO kitchen shears serve as a tool for cutting multiple items including poultry, fish, vegetables, herbs, paper, and plastic. The blades are tapered to make it easy for you to cut areas that are usually hard to reach. The handle loop and the bolster added to prevent your hand from accidentally slipping forward while using the scissors. After use, simply take the blades apart for quick cleaning and resharpening.
These scissors are better off washed manually than by tossing them into the dishwasher. Also, there were some observations about the blades not opening too far as some users want them to. There is also a slightly uncomfortable feeling some users had when handling the shears.
Buying a good pair of kitchen shears is a bit overwhelming as there are numerous options available in stores today. There are also multiple functions and features that each brand offers, so you will need to compare these well to make sure you end up buying the right one you need. By checking our top 10 best heavy duty kitchen shears 2018 reviews, you now have more ideas on what to look for in a quality cutting tool for a wide range of kitchen tasks.
Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
Kitchen shears come in different shapes and sizes. The features also vary, which can make it a little tricky finding the item of your choice. So, if you’re in search of the best heavy duty kitchen shears for your needs, allow us to help you make a choice with this buying guide. We’ve listed the features that a good quality pair of kitchen shears have, which can ensure your total satisfaction with your purchase.
- Curved or Straight? The blades of kitchen shears may either be straight or curved. If you’re not sure which one is better than the other, let’s take a look at the purpose behind each design. A curved blade is intended for use when you cut poultry and other meat types. On the other hand, straight blades are great for any type of food item that needs to be cut. But if you want to cut herbs and vegetables, be sure to stick to straight blades since curved ones can make cutting very tough.
- Edges: The sharper the edges, the better it is. But you also have to make sure that the edges can be sharpened easily once they begin to dull. Otherwise, the shears will no longer serve their purpose once the edges have lost their sharp quality. Look for a blade with microserrations as these add to the sharpness of the blade.
- Material: Choose kitchen shears made from steel, specifically high-carbon steel. This is an excellent choice that’s popular among chefs because the blades stay sharp for a longer period. These shears are also easier to sharpen than others, which add to your convenience in keeping them well-maintained. You may also find stainless steel and high carbon steel as materials used in kitchen shears, which make the tool even better because of the greater resistance against rust. However, this is not as resistant to water, as compared with the regular high carbon steel ones.
- Handles: A reliable grip system adds to your convenience and ease whenever you use the knife. Aside from an ergonomic design, you can benefit from a knife with a built-in grippy handle. This would surely come in quite handy when you’re dealing with slippery food items, and you’re cutting them up with your wet hands. Silicone handles are great options, along with a textured surface for added convenience and stability with your grip.
Be sure to look for these smart and practical features when you shop for kitchen shears. We hope that you’ll find an outstanding pair truly worth the price you pay.