Buying the perfect pair of shoes you can wear when you play golf can be tough, so we have decided to bring to you these top 10 best men golf shoes in 2018 reviews. Featuring different brands of men’s golf shoes, we have gathered a few of the finest selections that you can consider as you do your search. Just read along, and you may be able to find the right pair you have always wanted.
As with any type of shoe, comfort is the most important feature you should look for. This is why you need to make sure that the footwear offers a superb fit. Breathable materials and a roomy toebox are good aspects to look into since you do not want to end up hurting your feet by wearing a tight pair of shoes. Then, there should be ample support such as a good amount of cushion on the midsole. The outsoles must also be non-slip, which is essential in maintaining your safety and stability as you move around.
Best Men Golf Shoes in 2018
Now that you know some basic features that make up great footwear, let us move along to our top 10 best golf shoes for men in 2018 reviews. Compare the products presented below, so you can determine which one is a suitable choice for you.
- 10. Adidas Tech Response 4.0 Golf Shoes for Men
- 9. Adidas Climacool Spikeless Men’s Golf Shoes
- 8. adidas Pure 360 Men’s Lite Golf Shoes
- 7. FootJoy Hyperflex Close-Out Men’s Golf Shoes
- 6. Skechers Performance Go Golf Drive 2 Men’s Golf Shoe
- 5. PUMA Biodrive Men’s Golf Shoes
- 4. FootJoy GreenJoys Closeout Men’s Golf Shoes 45516
- 3. Adidas Adicross III Men’s Golf Shoes
- 2. New Balance Spiked Men’s Golf Shoe NBG1701
- 1. Adidas Adicross IV Men’s Golf Shoe
- Men Golf Shoes- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
10. Adidas Tech Response 4.0 Golf Shoes for Men
As you walk around in these shoes, you will feel every stride becomes very light and easy. It comes with a lightweight mesh material to promote optimum ventilation, along with a synthetic upper for aesthetic purposes and durability. Then, there is a soft EVA midsole to keep your feet supported with every step. Traction is also guaranteed with the 6-spike configuration for cushioning, combined with a low-profile design. Thus, you can maintain stability all throughout your game, which aid in ensuring your comfort and ease the whole time.
We like the level of arch support these shoes offer. If you use custom orthotics, you may simply insert these on the footbed because there is ample room provided. Our only concern is the color of the shoe because it is white, which means it can be prone to stains.
9. Adidas Climacool Spikeless Men’s Golf Shoes
A breathable pair of golf shoes is what you need for your overall level of comfort. This is why we appreciate what these golf shoes by Adidas has to offer. It features the Mesh Climacool technology for the upper, which boosts internal comfort as it allows our feet to breath. The fit is also excellent, and there are comfortable materials incorporated around the foot. Taking these shoes off or putting them on also comes easy because of the stretch gore collar. To superior traction and abrasion resistance, these shoes have rubber outsole lugs.
8. adidas Pure 360 Men’s Lite Golf Shoes
As the name implies, these shoes are indeed lightweight and comfortable. There is a wider room in the forefront, so those who require some space in this area will appreciate the comfort that these shoes have to offer. With a climaproof protection, which is unique with Adidas, this provides ventilation to your feet. So, even if you have to wear these shoes for hours, there is nothing to worry about in terms of comfort. Plus, the Climaproof offers protection to your feet from the changing weather. It also boosts the waterproof performance of the footwear.
After wearing these shoes for a few hours, we have discovered that while the length is excellent, the width is a bit narrow. Perhaps, going for half a size up should help to avoid feeling as though your feet are cramped in such a small space.
7. FootJoy Hyperflex Close-Out Men’s Golf Shoes
We are impressed with the comfort that these shoes offer. Support is decent, and we can remain stable during our game. No matter how many hours a day I wear these shoes, there is no problem to worry about. The materials are breathable, and there is a good amount of flex, at the same time. The cushioning is just right, so there is no issue with foot pain with every footstrike.
However, we are a little bothered with the sizing. This is why it makes sense to choose a pair that comes in a suitable size for your feet. If in doubt, it is always good to go half a size up to prevent a cramped feeling. Also, these shoes do not have a wide toebox, which can be concerning for people with wider feet.
6. Skechers Performance Go Golf Drive 2 Men’s Golf Shoe
Boost your performance during your game with these comfortable and supportive golf shoes for men by Skechers. We like how breathable these shoes are, thanks to the textile lining that wicks away moisture, along with the perforated leather for the uppers. The foam insole is also comfortable as it offers just the right amount of cushioning. Maintaining stability is never a problem with these shoes because of the low profile design. So, your feet remain in a natural and balanced position with the low-to-the-ground design. Lastly, there is the maximum traction and highly responsive feedback offered by the outsole sensors.
Everything about these shoes work, from the design to the cushioning, which all contribute to the overall comfort we receive from the footwear. However, we only noticed a squeaking sound when we walk. It could be the material for the uppers, but this is not exactly a deal-breaker.
5. PUMA Biodrive Men’s Golf Shoes
No matter what type of surface you walk on while playing golf, whether it is dirt, grass, or a pavement, you should not encounter any problem at all with these shoes. In fact, you can even wear these for your regular activities because of the kind of support and traction that these offer. Right out of the box, these are ready to use without any much need for break-ins. Lightweight and comfortable, you will not feel as though these shoes are dragging your feet down.
But if there is one thing we are not completely satisfied about, it would be the spikes. For us, these are not aggressive enough, so you need to be careful to avoid slipping. Other than this, we think the footwear is quite a good value for your money.
4. FootJoy GreenJoys Closeout Men’s Golf Shoes 45516
Experience the kind of comfort and support you need for a good pair of golf shoes from the GreenJoys Closeout by FootJoy. This pair comes in a combination of three colors including black, white, and brown. The rubber outsoles are effective in providing traction and grip, and there is a synthetic material for the upper that is water-resistant. This means that no matter what the weather condition, your feet remain protected. There is also a light cushioning on the footbed, so every foot strike is smooth and easy.
If you want to make sure that the fit is perfect, you may have to size up. The design is quite narrow, which means it is best that you go half a size up to make sure there are no issues with the fit and comfort.
3. Adidas Adicross III Men’s Golf Shoes
When it comes to support and comfort, these shoes never fall short of providing these great features that you need. You can walk around on the golf course for hours and not experience any pain on your feet because of the right amount of padding that the footwear has. Traction is also commendable, and you can maintain your balance even when you tread on damp conditions during your game. The aesthetics of these shoes will also match your standards because of the elegant appeal that the footwear exudes.
Unfortunately, we have observed that waterproofing may be an issue with the footwear. The leather part of the uppers comes with some small pin holes. These are designed for ventilation and to make the shoes more breathable. However, if it rains, there is a possibility for your feet to get wet because of these features.
2. New Balance Spiked Men’s Golf Shoe NBG1701
There are so many things to appreciate about these golf shoes for men by New Balance. For the most part, the uppers are soft and breathable, as these are made from microfiber leather. The midsole is also comfortable, thanks to the EVA midsole. Then, the rubber outsole promotes better traction and stability.
1. Adidas Adicross IV Men’s Golf Shoe
The uppers of these shoes are quite impressive because of the synthetic and leather combination. Aesthetically, this design works for us. Then, there are perforations to the side panels and the heel counter, which are important for enhancing breathability. The fit is also superb as the lace-up closure for the front is well-designed. We experience total satisfaction with these shoes because to us, this pair is comfortable, lightweight, supportive, and stable.
Just one thing you may want to know about these shoes – they can be a little snug. So, we suggest for you to size up to achieve the fit you want. Other than this concern, these shoes are quite excellent.
There you have our top 10 best golf shoes for men in 2018 reviews. By now, you should have already discovered the perfect item for your needs as you have read about the top products on our list that may be worth your money.
Men Golf Shoes- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
Any golfer who’s serious about hitting the ball square consistently needs great quality shoes, which is just as important as the other golfing essentials. After all, your balance and stability contribute to your game since you want to make sure your footwear keeps you planted to the ground as you work that swing.
So, to help you select the best golf shoes for men, here are some features to take into account during your search for the right footwear to buy.
- Spiked Vs. Spike-Free: If you need extra traction and grip for your golfing shoes, then it’s best to go for spiked ones. These shoes allow you to make sharp turns pretty easily as you strike the ball. You’re less likely to slip while maintaining your balance the whole time.
- On the other hand, spike-free golf shoes are intended more to keep the golf course in better shape because of minimal damage your footwear can cause to the terrain. But of course, there’s zero grip and traction from these shoes. They may be comfortable, but the slip-resistant feature of spike shoes give you more peace of mind.
- Just be sure to check the golf course where you intend to play since there are those that prohibit spiked shoes on the terrain.
- Additional Padding: When you drive the ball, you want to be sure your shoes are comfortable enough to let you execute this move without pain or discomfort. This is why extra padding is a great help for you to maintain your optimum comfort throughout the game.
- Breathability: Naturally, you want to keep your feet dry and cool the whole time you’re wearing your golf shoes. So, be sure to choose materials with moisture-absorbing features that will keep your feet fresh and sweat-free while you’re focusing on your game. Mesh uppers offer extra ventilation, and some shoes with odor-reducing sockliners also do the trick to prevent your feet from stinking after a long game.
- Functionality: If you are on the fence about spiked and spike-free shoes, then a good choice would be golf shoes with smaller spikes on the bottom. There are shoes with spikes that almost look like sandpaper patches, so you can get some traction and stability without causing damages to the golf course that larger spikes tend to cause.
Since you work hard as you play golf, you want to be sure your shoes work even harder. So, when you search for the best golf shoes, be sure the item in question ticks all the boxes that every quality golfing footwear should posses for your total comfort, stability, and overall experience.