These top 10 best MP3 players in 2018 reviews feature some of the finest products in the market that may be just what you want if you are in search for a portable device to play your music and videos. We have selected a few brands and models known for their excellent features and benefits, which can offer you an outstanding experience each time you listen to your favorite hits.
The best thing about MP3 players is the ease and convenience of taking them along with you wherever you go. These are lightweight devices that you can simply slip into your pocket or purse, so there is no hassle when you feel like plugging into your soundtracks or tunes anytime and anywhere. Whether you are in the car, the train, bus, or plane, or perhaps while you are waiting for your turn at the doctor’s office, you can use your MP3 player to stay entertained and relaxed. Listen to music or transfer and save songs from your computer to the MP3 player with ease – all of these are possible to do with the perfect device that fits the palm of your hand.
Best MP3 Players in 2018
So, let’s take a look at the top 10 best MP3 players in 2018 reviews that we have gathered for you. Find out which among these suit your needs after checking the features and benefits of each.
- 10.Tomameri Portable and Compact MP3 and MP4 Player
- 9. G.G.Martinsen 16GB Stylish MP3/MP4 Player with Voice Recorder, FM Radio, and Photo Viewer
- 8. Sandisk 8GB MP3 Player Clip Jam
- 7. AGPtEK M20S Mini MP3 Player with 8GB Memory
- 6. AGPtEK Portable MP3 Player 16GB Memory
- 5. Thor MP3/MP4 Player with 1.8-Inch LCD Screen and 64 GB
- 4. AGPtEK A20 Lossless Sound MP3 Player 8GB
- 3. FecPecu 8GB Portable MP3 Player (Expandable to 64GB)
- 2. AGPtEK R2 MP3 Player 8GB
- 1. Kubik Evo MP3 Player 8GB Built-In Memory
- MP3 Players -Buyer’s Guide & Tips
10.Tomameri Portable and Compact MP3 and MP4 Player
For any music lover who wants a portable and lightweight device to play their tunes, this compact MP3/MP4 player by Tomameri is a sensible choice. It is ultra light and easy to bring anytime and anywhere. You can even stick it into your jeans or jacket pocket without any problem because of its dimensions. But don’t be deceived by the size of this device because it never falls short of what it’s designed to do. It’s a powerful little music player that can offer you with hours of relaxation and entertainment no matter where you go.
We like the compact size and shape of this MP3 player that truly meets the needs of anyone who is always on the go. It comes with essential accessories that can help you get started with listening to your tunes. Among these items include a 16GB microSD card, a pair of earphones, one data cable, and a manual. Copying and pasting your mp3 files from the PC to this player can also be done on the fly!
- Easy to transfer music from the computer
- The sound is decent
- Good design and sturdy build
- Lack of Bluetooth capabilities
- Setting the time and date is hard to do
9. G.G.Martinsen 16GB Stylish MP3/MP4 Player with Voice Recorder, FM Radio, and Photo Viewer
When it comes to a comprehensive MP3 player, this product truly fits your needs. It includes a wide range of functionalities such as the music player, photo viewer, and voice recorder – all in one small, but powerful unit. You can even use this for reading your e-books, record voices, play music, and view photos. With a high-resolution LCD screen, you can view items on the screen with ease. It also supports the WMA and MP3 music formats for your listening pleasure. As a bonus, it even supports lyric display whenever you feel like singing along to your tunes.
There are 7 sound equalizer options to choose from on this MP3 player such as heavy bass, jazz, classical, pop, soft, rock, and natural. So, you can customize the audio quality of the music you are listening to for your greater enjoyment.
- Graphics interface operation
- Built-in mic and Hi-fi recording
- Easy to operate
- 16GB memory built-in to the unit
- More plastic components used for the MP3 player’s body
- Hard to read the small text for the instructions
- No volume control for the free earbuds
8. Sandisk 8GB MP3 Player Clip Jam
Enjoy your favorite hits at all times whether you are at the gym, the beach, or in transit. This MP3 player by Sandisk comes with an 8 GB memory for the storage. This should be a good amount of storage that can hold as much as 2,000 of your audiobooks and songs. If this is not enough, you can always insert a memory card since there is a microSD card slot built into the device. Whenever you want to play music in different formats such as the mp3, WMA, AAC, or audible (only DRM), then you can use this device without any problem.
With a bright and large readable screen, you should not have any problem viewing the menu displayed. There are also large and user-friendly navigation buttons, along with a powerful battery life that lasts for up to 18 hours. This is truly a lightweight and powerful music player that is convenient to bring along anywhere you are.
- Ultra lightweight and compact
- Has a microSD card slot for extra storage needs
- Deep and clear sound quality
- Can read and play several audio formats
- The buttons are not raised
- Holding the middle button down for power is not very convenient
7. AGPtEK M20S Mini MP3 Player with 8GB Memory
This may be one small music player, but it offers loads of power in terms of the quality of sound and the large storage it contains. Made of metal, this is a sturdy MP3 player with a slight heft to ensure its durability and solid quality. As it is a mini music player, it has a total length of 3 inches, making it easy to slip into your pocket. With 6 touch metal buttons included, you can select the right settings you want for ease of operation.
There are numerous capabilities that this mp3 player has to offer. Among these include the FM radio, play mp3 files, resume playback, clock screensaver, folder view, bookmarks, and voice recording, to name a few. Most importantly, the audio quality is impressive – perfect for audiophiles out there!
- Small and compact size
- Supports various audio formats including MP3, OGG, WMA, APE, WAV, FLAC
- 14 hours max runtime
- Has 8GB memory storage
- Memory space is expandable to 64GB
- Best to get another pair of earphones for better sound quality
- The MP3 player is very thin
6. AGPtEK Portable MP3 Player 16GB Memory
This compact and portable music player has 16GB built-in memory storage, which allows you to save as many songs as you want. In case that is not enough for you, it is always possible to expand the capacity to as much as 128 GB, which means unlimited music you can store on the Folder section. However, it is best to use the memory card compatible with this unit, which is the AGPTek. Various audio formats are supported by this device including the WMA, FLAC, MP3, ACELP, WAV, and the AAC-LC.
We like how sturdy and durable the overall feel of this music player is. It comes with a mini size, yet its solid construction offers ample resistance to shock. With a 1.8-inch OLED screen, you can view the files without any problem. You will enjoy listening to your music using this player for as much as 30 hours on a full charge – and it only takes 1 1/5 hours for the battery to charge completely!
- Supports e-book reading, voice recording, video playing, and FM radio
- Includes a jogging armband
- Comes with HD headphones
- Long battery life
- The volume quality can be improved
- No Bluetooth capability
5. Thor MP3/MP4 Player with 1.8-Inch LCD Screen and 64 GB
A must-have for anyone who loves to listen to music whenever and wherever, this music player offers ample functionality including photo viewing, music playing, e-book reading, and FM radio. It supports a range of audio and video formats such as the MPEG, WMV, MPG, MP3, WMA, ASF, DMA, MP4, MEG II, and WAV. It can also fit in your pouch or pocket for ease in carrying it along. What’s more, the great audio quality makes it even more satisfying whenever you listen to your favorite songs or watch videos.
We appreciate the size and feel of this powerful music player. It seems to be well-made and sturdy, which means it is bound to last for a long time.
- Comes with numerous features
- Excellent storage capacity
- Supports multiple formats for files
- Instructions are hard to understand
- The free headphones are quite tiny
4. AGPtEK A20 Lossless Sound MP3 Player 8GB
When it comes to a superior quality music player, this device may be just what you need in terms of its wide range of functionality and features. It comes with an independent volume control switch and one key that lets you lock or unlock the screen. Switching from one song to the next is also easy, along with the overall operation of this unit. With 80 hours total of audio playback, you don’t need to worry about the battery running out of juice. Just be sure to fully charge it for up to 4 hours, either through your computer or a general charger.
This mini MP3 player has a total of 8GB built-in memory, and this should be sufficient space for 2000 songs. In case you want to expand the storage, you may do so since this unit supports a maximum of 64GB microSD card (not included in the package).
- Lossless sound quality using the newest upgrade chip
- Supports formats including WMA, MP3, OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE, ACELP, AAC-LC
- Photo viewer, e-book reader, video recording, music player, FM radio
- Ease of navigation
- Small and handy
- No Bluetooth capability
- Very small screen
3. FecPecu 8GB Portable MP3 Player (Expandable to 64GB)
With as much as 80 hours playtime, you will be able to enjoy listening to your favorite songs using this device with a fully charged battery. Various formats are also supported such as the MP3, OGG, APE, ACELP, WMA, and WAV. Also, whenever you want to shuffle the files, you may do so by activating this option. The user-friendly buttons make it easy for you to customize your usage of this device to meet your particular needs.
Charging the battery may be done for up to 4 hours, which leads you to several hours of enjoyment in listening to hits afterward. With a good amount of space built into the unit, there are plenty of files you can save that you can view or listen to when you are on the go.
- Includes an 8GB internal memory
- Can hold e-books, photos, music, and videos
- Lightweight and user-friendly
- The microSD card slot is confusing to use
- Vague instructions
2. AGPtEK R2 MP3 Player 8GB
We love how light and easy to bring this music player is, which makes it perfect for anyone who is always on the move. In fact, sports enthusiasts will love this device because it comes with a wearable clip that is so small and lightweight at the same time. Most of all, there are several audio formats supported by this device including MP3, WAV, AAC-LC, ACELP, FLAC, OGG, WMA, and APE. You can enjoy the finest audio quality that this music player has to offer.
In addition to playing music, this device allows you to do a wide range of tasks such as recording, e-book reading, and folder viewing. With a long battery life of up to 20 hours when on a full charge, you can maximize your overall user experience with this device.
- Easy to navigate
- Soft touch control buttons
- 8GB built-in memory
- Lightweight device with a clip-on design
- Some static can be heard between songs
- Manual tuning to find a few FM radio stations
1. Kubik Evo MP3 Player 8GB Built-In Memory
Boost your listening pleasure with this small and handy MP3 player with loads of features you will enjoy. It can play files with different formats including FLAC, WMA, and MP3 with a sharp and clear audio quality. With a low power consumption, you can use this device for a maximum of 20 hours on a single charge. Viewing your photos or e-books and texts may also be done using this device because of the 1.8-Inch clear LCD display.
We’re impressed with the fact that listening to FM radio stations or recording voices are ultimately possible with this portable device. For its price, we can say that it is truly worth our dollar!
- Has a solid and sturdy build
- Long battery life
- Efficient arrangement of files
- Items on the SD card are not integrated into the device’s main music menu
- Loading songs off the SD card is not fast enough
These are our top 10 best MP3 players in 2018 reviews, which we hope have helped you select the item you need the most. By searching from our list of featured products, it is much easier now for you to begin shopping for the product that will suit your standards and budget at the same time. We encourage you to compare the items we have presented considering their features and limitations to guide you towards the right music player worth your money.
MP3 Players -Buyer’s Guide & Tips
Long hours of your daily commute can turn out to be less of a drag if you’ve got your favorite hits playing in your ear. Sure, you can simply grab your smartphone and plug you earphones in, but then it might be more practical to simply use an MP3 player that can play cool music for hours instead of draining your phone’s battery. Plus, you can even store a TON of music, so you’ll have plenty of playlists that could go on and on without having to repeat songs – unless it’s more of your thing, that is!
To help you shop for the perfect MP3 player for you, it might be worth looking for these essential features that separate the low-quality, mediocre ones from the bad boys you totally deserve to get.
- Memory: The price tag and the memory always go hand in hand. The bigger memory it’s got, the steeper the price of the gadget. But then again, this also means holding more songs that you want, which adds to your listening pleasure. You won’t have to delete files just to make room for new ones. But how much memory should you really get? If your MP3 player has a storage capacity of 2 GB, then it’s good to store songs with a total play time of over 36 hours. This applies to files recorded at a lower quality rate of 128 kbps. Otherwise, higher quality rate recording should only fit in a maximum of 292 songs with this storage capacity.
- File Compatibility: File format varies, and you should go for an MP3 player with a greater file support. If the support is limited, this can be a huge drawback since there’s no way for it to read files unless you convert them first (and that’s always time-consuming). Choose a gadget compatible with different formats for your photo, video, and music such as JPEG, MOV, MP3, AAC, and WMA, among a few others.
- Display Quality: Touchscreen is the way to go when it comes to ease of use for your MP3 player. After all, how many here still tinker around with their gadget using physical buttons? Swiping and pinching the screen to magnify images make it much easier to work around your gadget. And most importantly, go for a larger screen with better resolution. This makes watching videos more fun instead of squinting your eyes while facing a super small screen.
Be sure you check these features before you bring home a new MP3 player. You will never regret your decision when you know you can count on your gadget for comfort, ease of use, and long hours of listening to your favorite tunes.