When you are headed to a long road trip, and you long for some entertainment while stuck in the car, these top 10 best portable DVD players in 2019 reviews can offer you some ideas on the finest products in the market that may be worth buying. We have carefully selected a few products that passed our criteria when it comes to quality, performance, and durability. After testing and exploring further on these items, we have realized that these deserve to be in our top 10 list.
Nowadays, most devices seem to be available in portable and small sizes. From laptops to tablets, the smaller the size, the better. Well, at least when you look for one that is designed for traveling purposes. The same holds true with DVD players, which are now more portable and lightweight than ever. These gadgets come in lightweight, sleek, and slim profiles that make them easy to bring along anytime and anywhere you go. So, if you are looking to watch full-length films offline, then a portable DVD player is your best bet. And a nice bonus – you can even play your CDs using this gadget. So, you can bob your head and uplift your spirits as you watch movies or listen to music with this gadget whenever you hit the road.
Best Portable DVD Players 2018
We invite you to go through our list of the top 10 best portable DVD players in 2019 reviews as featured below. Take a look at our recommended products and what each has to offer.
- 10.Sylvania 7″ Portable DVD Player (with Handle) SDVD7049
- 9. DBPOWER 9.5″Portable DVD Player with SD Card Slot, USB Port, and Rechargeable Battery
- 8. Ematic 7-Inch Portable Swivel DVD Player
- 7. Sylvania Portable DVD Player SDVD9000B2, 9 Inches
- 6. NAVISKAUTO Portable 9-Inch DVD/CD Player with USB Port and SD Card Reader
- 5. Sylvania 9-Inch Portable Swivel Screen DVD Player
- 4. Sylvania SDVD7027 7-Inch Portable Swivel Screen DVD Player with SD Card and USB Reader
- 3. RCA DPDM95R 9-Inch Portable Swivel DVD Player + Digital TV
- 2. Sylvania SDVD7046 7-Inch Portable DVD Player, Plus an Integrated Handle
- 1. Philips PET741B/37 7-Inch LCD Screen Portable DVD Player
- Portable DVD Players- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
10.Sylvania 7″ Portable DVD Player (with Handle) SDVD7049
Never again will you get bored while at the backseat of a car or while on a long haul flight during your vacation or business trip. With this portable DVD player, you will enjoy watching your favorite films for longer hours. This gadget offers a good quality audio and clear video that will add to your overall viewing experience. With a 7-inch screen and speakers built right into the unit, you will love every minute spent while your eyes are glued to the screen. Plus, there are accessories added such as the remote control and earphones to further boost your viewing pleasure. There is also a carry handle with an ergonomic design that makes it easy for you to transport this DVD player.
These portable DVD players comes in an attractive blue color that adds to the aesthetic appeal of the unit. The remote control also makes it easy for you to adjust the different settings because of its responsive feature.
- Good audio and video quality
- Includes a pair of earphones and a remote control
- Built-in speakers offer a decent volume
- It would be nice if the battery could hold a charge much longer
- The color is not as vivid as in the photo
9. DBPOWER 9.5″Portable DVD Player with SD Card Slot, USB Port, and Rechargeable Battery
The next time you head off to a trip, be sure to pack in your bag this portable DVD player for some entertainment. This is a mobile DVD player that comes with a rechargeable battery good for 5 hours of usage. The screen can be rotated to up to 270 degrees or flipped at an 180-degree manner, so you can watch with comfort while you are on the plane, the car, or as you wait for your turn at the doctor’s office. If you want to boost your viewing experience, just flip the screen and set it to your desired angle.
Aside from simply playing movies on a DVD, you can use this gadget for your CDs. Pop in your CD or even plug in your USB stick to check out the files you have in these options. It even has an SD card reader for viewing media files.
- Multi-function and modes for the DVD player that can read files in a CD, SD card, or USB stick
- Allows you to flip the screen up to 180 degrees
- Battery can last for up to 5 hours
- Lightweight and well-designed portable DVD player
- Two AA batteries for the remote control are not included in the package
- The instructions in the manual are a little confusing
8. Ematic 7-Inch Portable Swivel DVD Player
Get the perfect viewing angle you want by tilting and swiveling the screen of this portable DVD player by Ematic. The screen measures 7 inches in length, which is a decent size for watching videos or movies while you are on the go. With an 180-degree swivel function, you can adjust the angle of viewing the files according to what is most comfortable for you. What’s more, there are several ports included for more options when it comes to watching from this DVD player. There is the headphone port, the TV-out port, and the DC9 port. These ports have specific capabilities and functions to meet your needs.
With a carry case included, the DVD player remains free from dust and debris that can compromise its performance. You can also place the headphones (included in the package) and the DVD player to the case whenever you travel. There is an extra space left in the bag where you can organize a few small and important items.
- Measures 7 inches in length for the screen
- Light and may be swiveled for the optimal angle
- Includes a carrying case and headphones
- In case you accidentally press several buttons, it is tricky to get it started with the right region code flashing on the screen
7. Sylvania Portable DVD Player SDVD9000B2, 9 Inches
A well-made portable DVD player, this gadget lets you check out your favorite movies or music wherever you may be. Since it is lightweight and compact, you should never have any problem packing it in your backpack for a weekend trip, or you can simply carry it just like a notebook. It works great with various disc formats, and you will enjoy watching your favorite films on a 9-inch screen with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The audio output is compatible with the built-in speakers or standard 3.5-mm headphones.
There are a few things included in the package to boost your viewing and listening pleasure. These are the DC car adapter, AC adapter, carrying bag, and a remote control. Simply organize all of these in the carrying bag for storage and safe-keeping.
- Vivid and clear 9-inch screen
- 360-degree swivel function
- Compatible with NTSC, PAL, DVD+/-RW, and DVD+/-R discs
- Comes with a carrying bag
- The cord included in the kit comes with a shorter length
6. NAVISKAUTO Portable 9-Inch DVD/CD Player with USB Port and SD Card Reader
Make every waiting period in the car, the dental clinic, doctor’s office, or at a restaurant more bearable by watching movies on this portable DVD player. It boasts a wide selection of features including the “Last Memory” option found in the setup portion. This leads you to the last scene or tracks you were playing, so you can pick up exactly where you left off. Then, you have the choice to show subtitles or not, depending on your preference. With various options in the audio, video, and general settings, you can achieve your preferred volume or video quality while watching or listening using this DVD/ CD player.
A multi-function portable gadget, we can play our MP3, CD, or DVD without any problem. In addition to these, you will love the headrest mount included in the package. This makes it much easier for you to secure and support the player in the optimal position, so passengers at the back seat can have a better view.
- The volume quality is decent
- There are several options for the setup and settings
- The zoom-in feature is an excellent addition to the DVD’s functions
- To further improve the sound quality, headphones may be necessary
- The unit does not feel sturdy enough
5. Sylvania 9-Inch Portable Swivel Screen DVD Player
Instead of simply watching DVDs from this player, why not listen to your favorite CDs or check out audio and video files in your USB stick or MP3 player? These are all ultimately possible because of the multiple ports that this portable device has to offer. With a long lifespan for the battery, which can last up to 5 hours, you will have plenty of time to stay entertained wherever you are. Long plane trips and car rides are made more fun, thanks to this multi-function player by Sylvania.
This device is ready to use right out of the box. There is no need for any complicated installations or assemblies, unlike with other portable DVD players. You can simply pop your DVD right in, select the right button to play it, and just sit back and enjoy your movie. It certainly packs a punch with a widescreen for your viewing pleasure.
- 5-hour lifespan for the battery
- Slim and sleek profile
- User-friendly features and settings
- Lacks a dedicated volume wheel or button
- The cord is a little short, which makes it a hassle when plugging it into a power source
4. Sylvania SDVD7027 7-Inch Portable Swivel Screen DVD Player with SD Card and USB Reader
If a long trip is coming your way, be sure to prepare for it by bringing this portable DVD along with you. The Sylvania SDVD7027 is a feature-rich and lightweight player that lets you play movies, music, or view files in just one device. With its compatibility with several disc formats, you can instantly watch your favorite films and expect hours of this relaxing experience. The 7-inch screen may be swiveled to match your preferred angle. As for the output for the audio, this is compatible with either the built-in speaker or the 3.55-mm headphones. Whether you want to play the file out loud or just keep it to yourself, the choice is completely up to you.
Since this player has SD card and USB ports, you can check digital movies using this player. There is also the option to simply place the device on your lap as you watch or have it mounted on your car seat’s headrest. The latter works when you have kids or passengers on the backseat, so they can also enjoy the movie while the car rolls by.
- Widescreen at 7 inches in length
- Swivel feature for the screen
- Multi-function with various ports for the SD card, USB, plus a CD and DVD player
- The case is very thin and barely provides much protection
- It is hard to press the “enter” button accurately, so it is best to use a remote control
3. RCA DPDM95R 9-Inch Portable Swivel DVD Player + Digital TV
Watch some free off-air TV shows or pop in your favorite DVDs into this portable DVD player. We are impressed with its features including the ability to play various disc formats and the capability to receive ATSC RF channel. As for the settings, there are some options available such as the resume playback, program, and repeat.
The video quality is decent, as well as the size of the screen. However, there were some issues when we tried to pick up some of the channels. Perhaps using another antenna may help.
- The screen is just the right size for a portable player
- Video quality is not too bad
- There are basic options that add to the convenience of operating this device
- The battery tends to run hot over time
- Picking up all the channels is tough to do
2. Sylvania SDVD7046 7-Inch Portable DVD Player, Plus an Integrated Handle
A fine companion anywhere you may go, this portable DVD player by Sylvania comes with a 7-inch screen and a sleek design that makes it easy for you to hold this device. With an integrated handle, carrying it securely is not a problem, as well. You and your loved ones will have an amazing time watching videos in the car using this player. Whether you use the stereo earphones or just let it play using the built-in speakers, the audio quality will never disappoint you.
A lightweight DVD player, this is a must-have for any long travel. The screen provides a vivid image of what you are watching, and the resolution is quite decent.
- The colors are rich and vibrant
- Can play MP3 and CDs aside from DVDs
- Lightweight and portable
- Activates the functions using the remote control only
- The buttons and lid of the CD are a little on the flimsy side
1. Philips PET741B/37 7-Inch LCD Screen Portable DVD Player
Topping our list is this DVD player by Philips. It is a portable device that can also play your VCD, CD, and even MP3s. As for the disc format, it can read PAL and NTSC without any problem. With a 16:9 wide screen LCD display, every image comes alive. Moreover, there are built-in high quality stereo speakers for your listening and viewing pleasure.
The player includes a built-in battery that offers a 2-hour playback. Once it runs out of juice, just plug it to a power source to resume its function.
- Includes an AV cable, car adaptor, and AC adaptor
- 7-inch wide screen LCD display
- Region-free portable DVD player
- Reasonable pricing
- The volume is not too clear
- There is no “title menu” button included in the option
There you have it – our top 10 best portable DVD players in 2019 reviews. We hope that in some way, we have helped you select the finest product for your needs. Simply check out your preferred items in the market and compare them to determine the most practical option for you. So, the next time you head to your trip, you already have your very own portable DVD player for hours of entertainment anywhere you decide to go!
Portable DVD Players- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
Traveling can be a lot of fun – but not for some people who don’t look forward to staying stuck in the back of the car for hours. If you have a bunch of bored passengers in the car, particularly young and restless kids, it can suck the fun out of a road trip. The solution? Get yourself a portable DVD player that can keep everyone entertained and preoccupied until you can finally say “we’re here!”
What’s good about a portable DVD player is how convenient it is to set up. It has a straightforward design, so there’s no need to feel like you’re all thumbs when you fiddle around with it to get it started. Plus, there’s no need to tow along your bulky laptop just to watch a movie while away from home. Simply set the DVD player up on the headrest, press a few buttons, and watching movies or listening to music on the fly is easy peasy!
But be sure to keep an eye out for these essential features that every great quality portable DVD player has – and you better make sure yours has it, too.
- Screen Size: What’s the point of watching a movie in a portable device if you can’t even enjoy the view you’re getting, right? A decent size for a portable DVD player is around 10 inches, or even go as high as 13 inches, if possible. But these come with a higher price than the 7 to 8-inch screen size. No matter what size you end up getting, you need to check first if it will fit well on the area you’re hooking it up. Otherwise, your device will end up staying on someone’s lap.
- Resolution: Everybody knows that the LCD technology never fails in offering an outstanding viewing experience. With sharp and clear images, how can you go wrong with a LCD screen for your DVD player? But factor in the cost, too, since LCD screens are significantly more expensive that the standard ones.
- Format: It would be amazing if your portable device supports a wide range of formats such as CD, AVI, DIVX, and MP3 instead of the usual DVD. Even a capability to read JPEG files is brilliant, since aside from using the device for watching movies, you can also rely on it as a presentation tool when you are always on the go.
- Battery: On a single charge, a typical portable DVD player’s battery should be good for 3 to 4 hours. This is perfect when you want to watch a couple of full-length flicks without the device dying on you or requiring the battery to be charged while still mid-way in the film.
Make sure you do your homework first before you head out to buy a portable DVD player. Consider these must-have features to help you get the most out of the device that’s your powerful tool for banishing the boredom during those long trips.