These top 10 best power inverters in 2018 reviews can give you a wide selection of products in this category that you may be looking for when it comes to your particular needs. Find out what we have in store for you and choose the best that you think can fulfill your requirements when it comes to a reliable power inverter for home use.
To give you a bit of a background on what a power inverter can do, let’s take a look at what exactly this is made of, along with its functionality. In simpler terms, a power inverter is a type of device that can convert a low voltage Direct Current or DC power to a standard AC power. Through this unit, you can operate electrical equipment and household appliances with the use of power that is generated by renewable sources or your boat, car, or truck battery. Moreover, you can count on a power inverter to provide the protection you need for your home and property whenever there is a power outage. This unit is beneficial in supplying a backup power supply for emergencies since you can continue using your phone, freezer, and medical equipment with the help of a power inverter.
Best Power Inverters in 2018
Here are our top 10 best power inverters in 2018 reviews, which you can use in comparing the different recommended products to lead you towards the item of your choice.
- 10.SNAN 300W DC 12 V to AC 110 V Car Power Inverter with 4.8 A Dual-USB Charging Port and Dual AC Outlet
- 9. Cobra CPI 1575 1500- Watt DC 12V to 120V AC Power Inverter
- 8. BESTEK 300W P12V DC to 110V AC Adapter for Car Power Inverter with 4.8A Dual USB Charging Port
- 7. ENERGIZER 3000-Watt Power Inverter with 2 USB Ports
- 6. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter with 3.1 A Dual-USB Car Adapter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Power Inverter
- 5. LESHP Power Inverter 1500 Watts 12-Volt DC to 110-Volt AC
- 4. POTEK 300 Watts Power Inverter 12V DC to AC 115V with Digital Display Car Inverter
- 3. VertaMax with 1500 Watts (3000W surge) and 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC to AC Power
- 2. KRIËGER 4000 Watts and 12V Power Inverter with 2 110V AC Outlets
- 1. iRULU 2000 Watts Microprocessor Power Inverter 12V DC to 110V AC
10.SNAN 300W DC 12 V to AC 110 V Car Power Inverter with 4.8 A Dual-USB Charging Port and Dual AC Outlet
Setting up this power inverter is a breeze, and you should be able to complete the entire process without a glitch. What’s more, you can simply hook it up to your battery, hardwire it to your car by using the fuse box, or plug the unit to your vehicle’s cigarette lighter to get it started. With a smart cooling fan, this makes the inverter very silent even while being used. Plus, the design is lightweight and compact, and you can hide the inverter AC in a storage box to keep it out of sight.
Whenever you are looking to go on an outdoor adventure, or just when you need to hit the road for a long period, you can rely on this power inverter for great convenience whenever you need a backup power source. It also has a reversing system that is powerful enough to maintain the safety of the inverter in the event that there is a positive and negative connection issue.
- Smart identification advanced technology
- Essential accessories included such as the cigarette lighter adapter and battery clamps
- User-friendly and superior protection for the inverter
- The inverter can heat up when the 110-volt plugs are switched on
- Not ideal to be placed in a small and confined area
9. Cobra CPI 1575 1500- Watt DC 12V to 120V AC Power Inverter
Whenever you need a reliable source of backup power, this unit may be just what you need. This power inverter can take a low-volt DC power from a vehicle and convert this into a standard 115-V AC power that’s similar to the current used in your home. This is why you can use a wide selection of your appliances anywhere you go with this power inverter. It works for various motors and electronic equipment because of its modified sine wave.
It’s easy to connect and activate several devices at once using this power inverter because of the 3 pieces of ground AC receptacles included. Then, there’s a USB output (5-Volt) included that allows you to charge modern mobile devices including your iPod, cell phone, and a few others. So, when you’re stuck in the wild outdoors, be sure to have this power inverter with you for a more convenient experience while away from home.
- Safety components such as the alarm sound and flashing meter
- Connect the remote power switch to the remote jack when the inverter is not within reach
- Can power appliances with 1000 watts or less
- Fans are required to keep the unit cool
8. BESTEK 300W P12V DC to 110V AC Adapter for Car Power Inverter with 4.8A Dual USB Charging Port
This is one of the most popular brands of power inverter in the market today. It can supply as much as 300W DC to AC power and about 700 watts of instant power with the use of 2 USB charging ports and 2 AC outlets. Plus, with the smart charging, you can be sure that it can detect your device automatically to provide the fastest charging speed of 2.4 amps for each port. With its lightweight design, you can store this unit without any issue.
You can expect a multi-protection advantage with this unit because of the 40-amp fuse built right into it, along with a cooling fan that operates silently. Your car and precious device are all protected. Also, with an overload protection, low battery alarm, and a low battery shutdown, there is no hassle in ensuring the performance and safety of this power inverter.
- Ideal for road trips and camping
- Lightweight, sleek, and compact design
- Exceptional Customer Service and user manual
- It’s important to stay within the capabilities of the power inverter to maintain its function as an emergency device
7. ENERGIZER 3000-Watt Power Inverter with 2 USB Ports
You can never go wrong by choosing this robust power inverter by Energizer. It’s a heavy duty unit that can directly connect to your 12-Volt DC battery whenever you need to supply power to your TV, home electronics, microwaves, and power tools in your vehicle. With an LCD display, you can have an idea of the input volt or output wattage, along with the battery level.
Finally, there’s no need to worry about not having enough power when you’re away from home. This unit can supply as much as 3000 watts of continuous power with 6000 watts of peak power. It can also be used for charging your tablet or other mobile devices using the USB ports compatible with these items.
- Can power as much as 2 tablets and laptops at a time
- There’s a watt meter to present the amount of power being pulled
- Small design and never slides down
- Power button conveniently located in the device
- Can get very warm when being used
- Short cables
6. BESTEK 300W Power Inverter with 3.1 A Dual-USB Car Adapter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Power Inverter
A renowned brand of power inverter in the US, BESTEK features a robust unit that provides as much as 300 watts of continuous supply of DC to AC power, along with an instantaneous power of 700 watts. There are also 2 USB ports and 2 AC outlets, so you can charge various devices or pieces of equipment when the regular power supply is unavailable. With its lightweight quality, you will never have any problem with taking this along with you whenever you need to head out for your work trip, camping, or outdoor vacation. With a 24-inch cigarette lighter power plug, you can hook this power inverter up into any type of vehicle.
In terms of safety, there is a 40-amp fuse built right into the unit to keep your device well-protected. There are no issues to worry about whenever you are charging your device, and you can be sure that overheating, overloads, or short-circuiting will be the least of your concerns with this power inverter.
- Durable and hardy housing
- Cooling fan prevents shortages and minimizes heat buildup
- Great for any outdoor trip
- Provides a more efficient and faster charging time
- The plug for the cigarette lighter makes the cord wired directly without any fuse
- The fuse can be a bit tough to replace because it is soldered to the board
5. LESHP Power Inverter 1500 Watts 12-Volt DC to 110-Volt AC
You can get as much as 1500 watts of continuous DC to AC power, and an impressive 3000 watts of instant power with this unit as there are 2 USB charging ports and 2 AC outlets. With the smart USB charging ports, auto-detection of your device is much faster. The speed of charging any device is also 2.4 amps per USB port. This is why there is no time to lose each time you charge using the power inverter.
We like how overheating is never an issue with this power inverter, thanks to the integrated cooling fan. Just activate this component, and the unit stays cool and safe to use at all times.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Overcharging, short circuiting, and overheating are prevented
- Just be sure to follow the instructions before using the unit to get maximum benefits from it
4. POTEK 300 Watts Power Inverter 12V DC to AC 115V with Digital Display Car Inverter
When it is time to leave home for a few days’ worth of trip, then be sure to pack with you this power inverter by POTEK. It is capable of converting DC power from the lighter socket of your car and into the AC outlets. With the USB charging ports included, you can recharge batteries of your devices to make sure these are ready to use again. As long as emergency power is needed, this power inverter would never disappoint. You can even charge various devices at once including the TV, laptop, tablets, camera, and other similar items.
This item is lightweight and compact. You should never have a tough time storing the unit after use because it can be put away in smaller spaces. Also, there are spare fuses and instruction manual included in the package for your needs.
- There are 4 spare fuses added for emergency use
- Get protection from overheating, low voltage, or overload
- The instruction manual is comprehensive and easy to understand
- It would be nicer if the case was not plastic-made
3. VertaMax with 1500 Watts (3000W surge) and 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC to AC Power
Upon purchase of this item, you should get 3 different AC outlets, but each of these has its own circuit breaker for maximum security. You can rely on this for powering your TV, cell phone chargers, AC, microwaves, and even telephones.
When you look at the digital meter built into the unit, the Volt-Amps are displaced. This makes way for people who are more familiar with the Watts. So, be sure to keep this in mind when you read this unit of measurement.
- Professional build and design
- Easy to use and functional
- Precision functioning of the unit
- It can get confusing when the meter keeps on showing ZERO although there’s a small load and the power is on
- Not ideal to install the unit in a humid environment because there is no coating on the circuit boards
2. KRIËGER 4000 Watts and 12V Power Inverter with 2 110V AC Outlets
You can count on the impressive capability of this power inverter when it comes to supplying emergency power that you need anytime and anywhere. It is able to convert a 12-volt DC to a 120-volt AC power, and it also comes with 2 AC outlets with an option for a hardwire connection. Whenever you are on the go, simply connect the DC battery cables straight to your car battery, and you can immediately use your devices that have already run out of juice.
There are no worries with this unit because there are safety components to protect your devices from overheating or overloading. With an LCD display, you can check the battery level, output wattage, and input voltage right away.
- Great quality and well-made cables, external switch, and fuse
- Readable LCD for updates on the battery bank charging status
- Just be sure to check the manual first on how to use the unit to avoid any costly mistakes
1. iRULU 2000 Watts Microprocessor Power Inverter 12V DC to 110V AC
Never leave home without this power inverter that can offer a massive amount of instantaneous power while providing 2000 watts of continuous supply of DC to AC power. There are 3 110-volt AC outlets included to let you charge and use several devices or appliances. With 2000 watts power, this should suffice in running your garage, as well as a fridge, TV, freezer, and various rechargeable devices.
When it comes to protection of your devices, you can be sure with what this power inverter has to offer. There are 50A external fuses incorporated to this unit for safety. Plus, with a cooling fan, the inverter stays cool and barely produces noise that can be distracting to any user.
- High-performance power inverter
- Dissipates heat faster because of the aluminum alloy material
- Convenient and hassle-free storage
- The charge rate is not that fast if you use all the AC outlets at the same time
These are our top 10 best power inverters in 2017 reviews. We hope you were able to find the item you have always wanted to buy, which can give you the best value for your dollar. Just make it a point to compare all the products we have featured for you today, so you can be sure of the overall features and benefits that the item in question has to offer.