Those who are looking for a new smart TV should know that finding the right one is all about bringing their home entertainment vision to life. In our opinion, looking for the right smart TV should be a very pleasant experience and not one that is packed with challenges.
If you’re currently looking to get a new smart TV, then one of the things you need to consider is whether you want to get a FHD or a 4K TV. Sure you can go for a HD ready TV if you want, but these are getting phased out and the picture quality they offer is not that great either.
Best Smart TVs in 2019
Lastly, you need to think about the size, but also about the type of panel you’re looking for. LCD, IPS, Plasma, and OLED are the main types, with OLED being the best in terms of picture quality. So with that in mind, let’s check the top ten best smart TVs you can currently get and see which one you like most!
- 10. VIZIO E32h-C1 HD Ready LED TV (2015) 32 inch
- 9. Sony KDL48R510C 48-Inch
- 8. VIZIO D48-D0 D-Series 48-inch
- 7. VIZIO D55u-D1 55 inch UHD
- 6. LG Electronics 43UH6100 43-Inch 4K TV
- 5. VIZIO D55-D2 D-Series
- 4. Sony XBR43X800D 43 inch 4K UHD
- 3. VIZIO 60-inch Class LED TV (Full Array)
- 2. VIZIO D65u-D2 65 inch UHD TV
- 1. Panasonic CX400 Series TC-55CX400U
10. VIZIO E32h-C1 HD Ready LED TV (2015) 32 inch
The Vizio 32H is a thirty two inch 720p TV from ’15 that offers excellent picture quality, comes with a full array backlit panel, and it’s available for a very low price as well. Even though it’s intended for the entry level market, it does have a 120HZ refresh rate, which means that fast paced scenes will look very true to life.
Furthermore, the TV feature built in Wi-Fi module (dual band), comes with a wide range of pre installed and useful apps, and it’s very simple to navigate thanks to the friendly UI. Overall, it’s a pretty great deal for the price.
- Smarter and quicker thanks to the revamped UI.
- Very fast Wi-Fi module (built-in).
- Full screen application launcher makes organizing and finding apps a lot easier.
- Someone who got this TV said that it started acting up after the thirty day return deadline.
If you want to buy a new smart TV that is very affordable and comes packed with great technology, a lot of features, and an easy to navigate interface, then you should get the Vizio 32H. This TV looks amazing and it also has great image quality for the price. Highly recommended!
9. Sony KDL48R510C 48-Inch
Enjoy top notch entertainment and excellent image quality with the Sony KDL48R510C. This is a FHD TV that boasts an excellent Edge LED backlight panel for greater color accuracy and also superior contrast. Stream HD video quality content from YouTube, Netflix and more thanks to the built in Wi-Fi module.
Speaking of which you can enjoy much better image quality thanks to the Clear Resolution Enhancer technology that reduces image noise and adds more depth to your content. Thanks to the Motionflow XR technology, fast paced action scenes will look a lot more lifelike.
- Comes with two USB and two HDMI ports.
- Very thin Edge lit LED panel.
- Motionflow XR 12 Hz effective refresh rate.
- Sometimes the TV would not work properly and lag a bit, said one customer who got this model.
8. VIZIO D48-D0 D-Series 48-inch
Vizio is a great brand if you’re looking for an entry level to mid-level TV and in this regard, it seems that they really have a winner. The Vizio D48- D0 is a full array LED TV that features five active LED zones which allows for better and deeper contrast and also black levels.
The Clear Action 240 technology improves motion clarity, increasing the refresh rate to 120 Hz for stunning looking action scenes that look very real and lifelike. Lastly, you can also gain access to a wide range of TV shows, movies, and music thanks to the Vizio Internet Apps Plus.
- Excellent motion clarity thanks to the Clear Action 240 technology.
- Five active LED zones greatly improve contrast and black levels.
- Access a wide range of TV shows, movies, and music with the Vizio Internet Apps Plus.
- The picture is fuzzy at times.
If you’re in the market looking for a decent quality TV that’s under the five hundred dollar price tag, then you may want to consider the D48-D0. This TV boasts a lot of great features, comes with great technology that focuses on improving picture quality and it’s also very well designed. What more can you ask for?
7. VIZIO D55u-D1 55 inch UHD
From now on you can watch all your favorite content on the new D55u-D1 in 4K resolution. The integrated Wi-Fi module (dual band) and Vizio Internet Apps Plus allow you to stream your favorite music and video content straight to your TV. The interface is very easy to use and you can find whatever you’re looking for very fast.
The D55u-D1 features the Spatial Scaling Engine, meaning that everything you watch on it is upscaled to 4K. Since it also comes with a dual core CPU and a quad core GPU, you can enjoy a smoother and faster smart TV experience.
- Stream UHD video faster than ever thanks to the 802.11 ac Wi-Fi module (dual band).
- Comes with a dual core CPU and a quad core GPU.
- VIZIO Internet Apps Plus allows for simple UHD content streaming.
- One buyer had nothing bad to say about the TV’s performance, but did complain that his order arrived damaged.
People who want to replace their old TV with a new generation smart TV should certainly get the D55u-D1. This model allows you to stream UHD content very easily thanks to its dual band Wi-Fi module. On top of that, it’s very fast and it’s available for a great price as well. How great is that?
6. LG Electronics 43UH6100 43-Inch 4K TV
Enjoy clearer, crisper picture quality thanks to the LG 43UH6100. One of the things you’ll love about it is that unlike other TVs out there, this one’s able to produce a higher color accuracy thanks to the Color Prime Pro technology. Thanks to Ultra Luminance, improved contrast and brightness help reveal even more cinematic details from HDR content.
LG opted for an IPS pane for this TV, meaning that you can watch your favorite content from a wide range of angles and still get great picture quality. Lastly, the True Black Panel greatly improves black levels, while the 4K upscale ensures that everything you watch on the TV is upscaled to 4K.
- Antiglare, True Black Panel for very deep black levels.
- Crystal clear fast moving images thanks to the TruMotion technology.
- Improved color accuracy and gamut thanks to the UHD Mastering Engine.
- Comes with a single optical audio/digital output.
- No Bluetooth.
5. VIZIO D55-D2 D-Series
The new Vizio D55-D2 is a great smart TV that offers premium HD entertainment, comes with a build in Wi-Fi module that allows you to connect to the internet and watch HD videos, and also gives you access to the best entertainment apps out there. Some of them include YouTube, Spotify, Hulu Plus, Amazon, and more.
The D55-D2 features twelve active LED zones that make everything you watch look crisper and brighter. The Clear Action 240 technology combines the 120Hz refresh rate with powerful image processing to deliver the best possible picture quality you can imagine. In fact, if you’re a fan of sports, then you’ll absolutely love this TV.
- Watch the latest TV shows and movies thank to the Vizio Internet Apps Plus.
- Twelve active LED zones allow for higher contrast and deeper black levels.
- Full array LED backlight.
- Some people have said that in this price range you can get a better choice than this model.
Enjoying your favorite content is now a lot easier thanks to the Vizio D55-D2. You can stream movies and TV shows thanks to the Vizio Internet Apps plus and given the fact the TV comes with twelve active LED zones and full array LED backlight technology, the picture quality will be top notch.
4. Sony XBR43X800D 43 inch 4K UHD
Watch videos and movies on one of the best TVs you can get without having to break the bank. Sony’s XBR43X800D is a great TV that features a Triluminos and 4K HDR display for lifelike picture quality. Thanks to HDR, everything you watch on it looks a lot better, has better contrast, color, and excellent details as well.
If you love watching sports though or fast paced action sequences, you’ll love to know the fact that the Motionflow technology eliminates judder to offer precise motion clarity. Lastly, the TV also has dramatic black levels and great brightness which make for a wonderful viewing experience no matter what you decide to watch.
- Excellent realism, color depth, and color accuracy.
- 4K HDR for lifelike picture quality.
- Motionflow technology effectively eliminates judder from fast paced action scenes.
- The TV is amazing, but it unfortunately fails to work with Verizon Fios.
Where picture quality is concerned, you should certainly go with a Sony. Their TVs are not only well made, but also come packed with a lot of features and boast the best picture quality of any other TV on the market. Highly recommended!
3. VIZIO 60-inch Class LED TV (Full Array)
The Vizio sixty inch FHD TV is a great choice if you want to watch movies and TV shows on a large screen without having to worry about compromising in the picture quality department. This model features twelve active LED zones for higher contrast and deeper black levels, but also a new and improved modern design that makes it look amazing in your living room.
Thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi module you can easily download and stream video from YouTube, Hulu, and more. Given the fact that it comes with Clear Action 240 technology, watching sports or fast paced action scenes with no judder is now very much possible. The TV features 1 USB port, three HDMI ports, and comes with a smart remote with 1 touch access.
- Smart remote with 1 touch access included.
- Built in Wi-Fi module.
- FALD with twelve active LED zones.
- The TV was great, but someone complained that it broke after just 1 year.
If you want to get your hands on a bigger TV, but don’t want to spend 1000s of dollars on it, then you may want to consider the VIZIO sixty inch FHD TV. This bad boy not only has great color accuracy, but it also has a FALD display and a smart remote with one touch access. By the looks of it, you’ll be hardly pressed to find a better deal in this price range, guaranteed!
2. VIZIO D65u-D2 65 inch UHD TV
The D65u-D2 from Vizio is a sixty five inch TV that features sixteen active LED zones which help deliver excellent contrast, pure and deep black levels, and great light uniformity as well. Its Active Pixel Tuning technology allows for greater contrast and color accuracy, while the Clear Action 240 technology makes watching sports and fast paced content a real pleasure.
Even better, the D65u-D2 can play 4K content right out of the box thanks to its fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi module (dual band) and HEVC decoding. The TV can also play content via its HDMI port, making it a great choice for those who want to hook it up to a gaming console.
- Up to three times faster Wi-Fi thanks to the 802.11ac Wi-Fi module (dual band).
- 120Hz refresh rate.
- UHD upscaling thanks to the Spatial Scaling Engine.
- The image quality on this TV is amazing as one customer puts it, but he was displeased with the fact that his unit arrived damaged and he had to reorder it.
This is not the best TV on our list, but it’s second and for good reason. It’s easily capable of outputting very lifelike and color accurate content and given the fact it comes with a fast Wi-Fi module means that streaming UHD content from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc is a breeze!
1. Panasonic CX400 Series TC-55CX400U
Enjoy watching your favorite content on one of the best smart TVs on the market. The Panasonic 55CX400U is an excellent 4K TV that allows you to stream all your favorite content from apps such as Netflix, YouTube, and more thanks to its super fast Wi-Fi module.
The TV not only looks great in terms of design, but it also features a top quality UHD Direct Lit LED panel, comes with three HDMI ports, one USB 2.0 port, component inputs, and Ethernet as well. Whether you want to watch YouTube videos or movies on it, you can rest assured that everything on this bad boy will look truly spectacular!
- Built in Wi-Fi module allows for UHD streaming.
- 2160p Direct Lit LED panel.
- 120 Hz refresh rate for judder free video quality.
- The TV lags from time to time.
The 55CX400U is a seriously great looking TV in terms of looks, but its picture quality is amazing as well. If you’re the type who doesn’t want to compromise in this department, then getting the 55CX400U is by far the best choice you can consider. In fact, the minute you turn it on, you’ll realize that you’ve made the right choice, since everything you watch on it looks simply breathtaking. Highly recommended!
With so many smart TVs out there, getting the right one can be rather complicated. Luckily, you don’t need to worry about making the wrong choice, since now that you’ve read our list of the top ten best smart TVs, buying the best one you can afford is no longer a problem. Just make sure to double check it’s the right size for your room though and you’re good to go!