If you are planning on diving or snorkeling, these top 10 best underwater cameras in 2019 reviews can help you select the right product to bring on your trip. After all, you would not want to miss the spectacular views at the bottom of the ocean and save these images in a reliable device. So, we make it easy for you by featuring the top items in the market in this category, which will offer the best value for your precious dollar.
To get the most breathtaking shots of underwater scenes, a good camera is what you need to make this happen. With a tough and hardy camera that can take the beating when submerged in the deep blue, you can expect quality photos all the time. This is why it is worth investing in a dependable underwater camera that is easy to navigate and use once you get in the water for your swim, dive, or surf. Whether it is a standard underwater camera or a multi-purpose one with a Wifi connectivity, you will enjoy taking amazing shots that seem as though they are taken by a professional.
Best Underwater Cameras in 2019
Check out our top 10 best underwater cameras in 2017 reviews below, which we believe would meet your needs and standards. These items have garnered excellent reviews from product users, and we have also evaluated their features and benefits that make them worthy to be a part of this list.
- 10.Vexilar FS800 Underwater Fish Scout Camera
- 9. AKASO EK7000 Sports and Action 4K WIFI Camera
- 8. Sealife Sea SL988 Dragon Duo X2 Underwater Lighting Flash Set
- 7. Aqua-Vu AV Underwater Camera Micro II
- 6. SeaLife SL984 Underwater Light Packs Sea Dragon 2000
- 5. SeaLife Micro HD+ 32GB Digital Underwater Wi-Fi Waterproof Camera
- 4. SeaLife DC1400 Pro HD 14MP Digital Underwater Camera
- 3. Fujifilm FinePix XP90 Digital Waterproof Camera
- 2. SeaLife DC1400 Waterproof HD 14MP Digital Underwater Camera
- 1. innobay Professional Underwater Fishing Video Camera
10.Vexilar FS800 Underwater Fish Scout Camera
Whenever we head out to an underwater adventure, we make it a point to bring with us a reliable camera that can produce outstanding photos all the time. This is why we like this Fish Scout underwater cam by Vexilar, which never fails to impress us with its performance. When it comes to a good camera great for underwater marine life photos, this product by Vexilar is always on our list.
Whether you are swimming, diving, or snorkeling, this handy device is a must to bring with you. Well-made and lightweight, taking amazing photos of the life underwater is made easy and flawless with the Vexilar FS800. Plus, with a 60-foot camera cable, it is just the right length for your needs.
- Easy to operate
- Instructions are simple and straightforward
- Suitable for ice fishing conditions
- Monitor has a good size at 7 inches
- Does not produce the clearest photos taken at night
9. AKASO EK7000 Sports and Action 4K WIFI Camera
If you want a great underwater camera that is made to capture perfect shots at all times, then the AKASO EK7000 may be worth looking into. This is a 4K camera, which means the resolution is much higher than what the average ones can offer. You can count on it to give you an exceptional quality of photo or video footages no matter what the conditions are. The photo quality is lifelike and sharp, and the videos are smooth as how you want them to be.
With a built-in WIFI, you can instantly share your files to your friends. Then, there are various modes available including burst photo, single photo, or even the time lapse mode, with the latter allowing you to automatically shoot photos with a 0.5 to 60-second interval.
- Wide angle at 170 degrees
- Wifi connectivity for quick sharing
- Remote control included for easy shifting from video to photo mode
- When the auto power off is switched on, the camcorder tends to turn off in a sudden
8. Sealife Sea SL988 Dragon Duo X2 Underwater Lighting Flash Set
We can always get the sharpest and clearest underwater images using the Sea Dragon Duo X2. There are various items included in this set such as the Flex-Connect dual tray, grip,s and 2 pieces of Sea Dragon flashes. These are all you need to get vibrant colors out of your every photo. By using the flash set, shadows are eliminated and backscatter is minimized. The result – all images have twice the brightness level than what your regular underwater camera and lighting can offer.
All you need are 4 pieces of AA batteries to operate the flashes. However, you will have to purchase these batteries separately as these are not included in the package. As for the effective range of the flash, it is a maximum of 8 feet.
- Adjusting the brightness is fast and easy
- Image quality is vibrant and lifelike
- Batteries are not included, so you will have to buy them separately
7. Aqua-Vu AV Underwater Camera Micro II
You will be amazed by how your photos will turn out by using this Micro II underwater camera by Aqua-Vu. Available in a small and lightweight housing, this powerful camera can offer the finest quality of images that are indeed worth sharing with your friends. Aside from taking pictures, you can use this device for capturing moving images underwater and create stunning videos with vivid colors.
This is a very small camera that is about the size of a standard bottle cap. However, this comes with essential features including the auto IR lighting, rechargeable Li-Ion battery built into the unit, and a 50-foot camera cable.
- Pocket size camera
- Plays and records smooth and clear videos
- Comes with a battery and charger
- On a full charge, you can use the camera for up to 6 hours straight
- May be tougher to see images on the screen when used in the sun
- The cable is a little thin
6. SeaLife SL984 Underwater Light Packs Sea Dragon 2000
The secret to capturing amazing photos and videos lies in the quality of lighting you use. This is why it may be best to try these LED light packs that offer as much as 2000 lumens of superior brightness. You can be sure that all images taken from your camera will turn out excellent, particularly if you are using a device that comes with a wider field of view.
These lights are operated using a rechargeable Li-Ion battery, and you can expect these to run for one solid hour with 100 percent power. There is also an adapter mount included, which you can use with your GoPro camera.
- The battery can last for a reasonable length of time
- There is ample light angle provided
- The total runtime is good enough for two sessions of 45-minute dives
- There are strong rubber bands included specifically for sandy conditions, but these appear a little on the flimsy side
5. SeaLife Micro HD+ 32GB Digital Underwater Wi-Fi Waterproof Camera
Immerse yourself with the awe-inspiring beauty of underwater scenes while capturing these with your camera. The SeaLife Micro HD+ is a flood-proof, wifi underwater camera that comes with 32 GB of memory, which should be enough for capturing and storing a good amount of videos and photos taken underwater. With a high-capacity and ever-reliable internal battery, maintenance is much easier for you.
There is a built-in Wifi to this camera, and this allows you to download and share files wirelessly. Various components included in the package are the case, grip, micro tray, and the powerful Sea Dragon 2000 LED light.
- Robust 32 GB onboard memory included
- Permanently sealed waterproof camera
- Video light’s battery can last for one full day of diving
- Uploading files to the PC or laptop is not possible since it is done via Wifi only
- Lack of zoom functionality
4. SeaLife DC1400 Pro HD 14MP Digital Underwater Camera
There are so many things to love about this 14 MP digital underwater camera by SeaLife. It is a dive-friendly camera that offers 6 different underwater color modes, so you can produce sharp and vivid photos or videos all the time. Among the features included are the 3-inch LCD, fast shutter response, optical image stabilization, rubber armor with shock resistance, and a 26-mm wide angle lens.
When it comes to capturing the most stunning underwater images or videos, you will never find this device disappointing to use. It is designed to produce exceptional quality photos and videos with the most vibrant colors. You can also mount two flashes to the cameras, and there is a storage case and arm bracket included in the package.
- The housing is sturdy and well-made
- The kit is integrated with the flash
- The flash arm can be bent over by a very strong current
- Snapshots can be tricky to do
3. Fujifilm FinePix XP90 Digital Waterproof Camera
When it comes to functionality and performance, you can never go wrong with this camera by FujiFilm. It is one of the most comprehensive and well-equipped underwater cameras in the market, which makes it among our favorites on this list. There are protection features to this camera, as it can secure the device from freeze, water, shock, and dust, with particular specifications. You can use this camera for your outdoor trips whether you are taking images in the water or on land.
As for the lens, you can be sure to capture quality images via a wide setting of up to 28 mm when done on the high performance level. If you want to take photos of your subject in its close up and natural condition, then you can use the 5x optical zoom that is versatile and dependable. For even clearer photos, just use the 10x powerful digital zoom available in this camera.
- Interval shooting option allows you to capture several images at set intervals
- Time lapse movie lets you turn image sequence into a well-made movie clip
- The housing is solid and sturdy
- It is better to get more familiar with the filter features prior to using these to boost the quality of images taken
- The back button always takes you to the delete option/ screen, which can be tricky
2. SeaLife DC1400 Waterproof HD 14MP Digital Underwater Camera
Be amazed to witness the most vivid still photos you can capture with this camera. The Sea Dragon DC 1400 comes with a robust camera and powerful lighting that makes sure every image has the most vibrant colors you want. It is also easy to find your way around this camera because of the user-friendly menu, so you can never make any mistake when it comes to taking photos even without prior experience with such kind of a device.
The flash is bright and powerful, and the auto mode allows you to capture spectacular photos all the time. Whether you are diving or snorkeling, as long as you have this camera with you, be sure to expect outstanding images of your subject in its most natural condition.
- Powerful lighting to illuminate images underwater
- Compact and lightweight quality
- Intuitive and easy to use design
- The quality of photos is not the best, but these should suffice for newbies or novices
1. innobay Professional Underwater Fishing Video Camera
There are so many things to love about this underwater fishing video cam by innobay. It offers professional quality images and videos all the time, which is quite impressive considering the handy size of this device. With powerful LED lights to illuminate the deep blue, along with a long cable, you will not have any problem with taking stunning photos or record videos using this camera.
Overall, this device works as expected. You can use it for lake fishing, swimming, snorkeling, diving, and aquaculture monitoring. The display color is clear, and the screen is large enough for viewing images or videos you have taken.
- Large and clear color screen
- 12 powerful white LEDs
- Great for various applications
- Insufficient information on the instruction manual
Whenever you need a good quality camera that is waterproof and dependable for capturing images of marine life, then these top 10 best underwater cameras in 2017 reviews can offer you with several options worth looking into. With different designs, styles, functionalities, and capabilities available, you should be able to find just the right item that you could count on for generating professional level videos and photos anytime and anywhere!