With the popularity of Virtual Reality (VR) in giving you an ultimate film viewing and gaming experience, we are here to offer you the best VR headsets in 2018 reviews to help you choose the perfect item to purchase for your needs. We have lined up 10 of our favorite VR headsets available in stores today, so you can just take your pick from our list and check them out yourself.
A type of wearable technology, VR headsets have taken the world by storm because of how they can make anything viewed through these devices appear to be so vivid and jaw-dropping real. It is much like 3D glasses on steroids, which allow you to observe and feel every single nuances that take place in what you are watching or playing. In fact, it feels as though you are no longer in your bedroom or living room, but you are magically transported to another reality that moment you put these headsets on. They certainly take the whole activity into a whole new level – and there are newer innovations introduced by manufacturers to make the experience more awe-inspiring than ever.
Best VR Headsets in 2018
Let us have a look at the best VR headsets in 2018 reviews presented below, which highlight the key features, benefits, and limitations of each. You should be able to find exactly what you need based on these factors and price point.
- 10.DESTEK V3 VR 103-Degree FOV VR Headset
- 9. 3D Virtual Reality Headset for the iPhone and Android
- 8. MAGIOVE 3D Virtual Reality Glasses/ Headset for Mobile Phones
- 7. VR headset for 3D Movies and VR Games
- 6. Samsung Gear VR Headset
- 5. NSInew 3D VR Headset or High Def VR Goggles
- 4. Sytros Virtual Reality Headset Plus Magnetic Button Trigger
- 3. EpochAir 3D VR Headset
- 2. SNEBA 3D Virtual Reality Glasses
- 1. LUPHIE 3D Virtual Reality Headset
- VR Headsets – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
10.DESTEK V3 VR 103-Degree FOV VR Headset
We are impressed with the performance and capabilities of the DESTEK V3 VR headset, which features short-focus lens to keep every image magnified and life-like. With the 103- degree field of vision, you won’t miss a thing as you check out your favorite movies or games using this brilliant device. To give users a convenient experience along the way, this device comes with a magnet button. Thus, you can easily control your games with ease anytime and anywhere.
Customizing the clarity of the image depending on your needs is also made possible using this headset. For instance, you can adjust the pupil/ object distance separately, which is a great feature considering how people have varied visions. You no longer have to put up with a blurry view of what you are looking at, and this further enhances your usage of the headset.
- Superb ergonomics and smart design for the adjustable straps
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Ample ventilation to dissipate heat and keep you cool
- Compatible with a wide range of smartphones between 4 to 6 inches in length
- The field of view may be improved to provide a more vivid VR experience to users
9. 3D Virtual Reality Headset for the iPhone and Android
Enjoy watching your movies or playing your favorite games using this VR headset that never fails to impress. These VR glasses are compatible with mobile devices to deliver an immersive and realistic viewing experience. With HD optimization, a 360-degree visual experience, and superior audio, you will be blown away the moment you put these headsets on. Plus, you will appreciate the OD and FD adjustments that the headsets offer, so you can expand further the viewing angle, along with eliminating distortion.
We love this wearable device because of the comfort it comes with. It features an extended and comfortable wear design, so you will never even feel like taking it off just to let your face “breathe”. It comes with an adjustable head strap, a soft nose piece, and a special protection system for your eyesight. These all contribute to giving you a spectacular viewing experience you will never forget.
- Portable and lightweight headsets for people on the go
- Access to varied peripherals and headphone jacks
- Customizable fit and vision quality
- Good field of view
- These headsets only work well with your phone and not the computer
- May easily and quickly drain the battery of your phone
8. MAGIOVE 3D Virtual Reality Glasses/ Headset for Mobile Phones
If you are itching for a superb viewing experience unlike any other, then a VR headset can take you towards a whole new world of excitement whether you are watching a movie or playing a game. These VR glasses are designed for smart phones with a 4 to 6-inch screen size, whether you have a Windows or Android phone, or even an iPhone. The leather padding is soft, rich, and breathable, so this eliminates the discomfort as you watch for hours. There are also settings to adjust the pupil and object distance, and this is an important feature that enhances the clarity of the images you are seeing in these glasses.
We like the adjustable straps, as these can be tightened or loosened according to what suits you. There is also the bonus feature of these glasses that minimizes that pressure around the eyes to further boost your comfort.
- Great for mobile devices with a 4 to 6-inch length for the screen
- Comfortable design for the glasses
- Adjustable and durable straps
- Lining up the images takes some work
- The focus knobs do not consistently function as they should
7. VR headset for 3D Movies and VR Games
This VR headset is indeed one of the most comfortable wearable tech you can find, as it never gives you that painful vertigo feeling while you have it on. With advanced lenses made of PMMA glasses, the clarity you get is 30 percent better than what common lens could ever offer. The images do not only get clearer, but they appear life-like and right in front your very eyes. There are also holes located in 4 different dimensions, and these help dissipate heat to prevent fog and overheating.
As you watch, your eyes will feel as though in their natural state, so there is no such thing as eye strain the whole time. This is very important when you are viewing a full-length film or playing games for hours on end.
- Heat dissipation is efficient with the help of ample ventilation
- Adjustable straps
- High quality material and construction for the lens
- Precision design optical axis
- Some minor fine tuning may be necessary
- The remote may require some adjustment and customization
6. Samsung Gear VR Headset
Make your viewing experience much more exciting than ever with this VR headset by Samsung. This device allows you to play the coolest games or setup your very own cinema anywhere you are. You can even use this gear when chatting with your contacts or watching a live concert video of your favorite band – as though you are enjoying the front-row seat experience.
This next gen Samsung Gear virtual reality headset comes with a numerous features including the ease of viewing, lightweight and portable, enhanced fit, and a more responsive touch pad.
- Free and paid content available
- Does not cost a huge amount of money
- Mobile technology at its finest
- The resolution is not that high
5. NSInew 3D VR Headset or High Def VR Goggles
Prepare yourself for the most exciting 3D experience without leaving the comfort of your own home. These VR headsets take you to a brand new world that you have never been to before – and it all starts when you begin viewing content in your phone. Game and movie characters come alive in an instant as you look at them using these VR glasses. With a flexible design, you can adjust and customize the fit of these glasses without any hassle. Even the clarity of the images becomes much more vivid by making some minor tweaks to suit your needs.
If you have a smartphone with a lens length of between 4 and 6 inches, then you are good to go with this headset. Plus, with the ventilation holes, overheating and discomfort should be the least of your concern.
- Sturdy and solid build
- Smooth finish to keep the headset looking like brand new longer
- Includes headphones and Bluetooth remote for ease of usage
- Although the controller pairs to the smartphone, the functionality is on the limited side
4. Sytros Virtual Reality Headset Plus Magnetic Button Trigger
We can never get enough of what this VR headset has to offer, which further boosts our experience each time we watch movies, chat with friends, or play games using this device. This headset makes it ultimately possible to have an exceptional virtual reality experience from our smartphone once we hook it up. Whether you have an Android or iPhone, there is no problem with the connection because it works without any problem all the time, With superior quality lens combined with a wide viewing angle, you can expect to see the ultimate picture quality using your phone. Adjusting the focal and pupil distance also work to make it even more enjoyable for you to have a 3D viewing experience.
If you normally wear glasses, there should be no problem wearing them underneath the VR headset. With a lightweight frame and ample padding, the fit is simply perfect to your face. There is also an active button, so there is no need to rely on a remote for proper and efficient manipulation.
- Compatible with all smartphone models
- Ultra comfortable and ergonomic design
- Premium quality lenses
- Google cardboard apps and games are supported
- There is a tendency for the head material to fray over time
- The headband comes with plastic clips for security, which can be flimsy
3. EpochAir 3D VR Headset
Give entertainment a whole new meaning with his VR headset by EpochAir. You will experience nothing but sheer delight as you watch your 3D movies, 360-degree VR videos, or check out your photos using this device. With a state-of-the-art technology, you can even adjust and customize the device’s focal distance according to what suits you. With the Bluetooth controls, you can manipulate the device even when it is inside the unit.
With a wide compatibility with various phone models, you will enjoy every moment spent using this VR headset. You can experience how it is like in a virtual space – and without stepping out of your room!
- Fits all smartphones with a maximum length of 6 inches
- Feature a surround sound effect
- A true value for your money
- The controls may be tough to work with
2. SNEBA 3D Virtual Reality Glasses
When it comes to an out-of-this-world viewing experience, the best way to achieve that is with the best pair of VR headset. The SNEBA VR glasses allow you to enjoy watching split screen videos, games, or movies no matter where you are and what you may be doing – standing, lying on your bed, or sitting. Whether you are on a long trip or just enjoying a lazy afternoon, you will find these VR glasses a great device that can give a life-like experience to your viewing. This provides you with a 360-degree virtual viewing experience like never before – and you do not even have to lift a finger!
Compatible with a vast selection of smartphones such as the HTC, LG, Samsung, iPhone or iOS devices, you will appreciate the endless opportunities to amplify the existing quality of your games and videos.
- Extensive selection of smartphones that you can use with this device
- Great for playing games or watching movies
- A true value for your money
- Has a tendency to heat up
- Customizing the fit is a necessity
1. LUPHIE 3D Virtual Reality Headset
Get lost in the honest-to-goodness feeling of being a part of your video games or movies while you view these using the LUPHIE 3D VR glasses. Ideal for smartphones between 4.7 and 6.2 inches for the screen size, you can pair off these headsets with you Windows and Android smartphones without any hassle. These all-immersive virtual reality glasses amplify the audio and video quality of any content, along with the 360-degrees surround sound you will enjoy. As these are made of the finest materal, there is no pain or discomfort even after wearing these glasses for hours.
Portable and lightweight, it is never a bother using these headsets when you feel like catching a film or playing a game. What’s more, there is a removable cover included, which offers heat emission. With an easy-to-clean frame and adjustable headband, this VR headset works for anyone!
- Customizable pupil and focal distance
- Superb high-quality 3D VR headset
- Prevents eye strain and fatigue
- Excellent audio quality of the built-in headphones
- Button located on the bottom part of the headset lets you choose options or menu while you are inside a VR application, which can be a hassle
These best VR headsets in 2018 reviews give you several ideas on the top products in the market that may be just what fits the bill. So, make your everyday viewing experience an extraordinary one by choosing only the finest VR glasses for your needs. These VR headsets certainly pack a punch to your regular movies or games when viewed using these devices – and you will find yourself hooked on these wearable tech because of the great advantage they offer.
VR Headsets – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
Virtual Reality is without a doubt the coolest thing in the world of gamers and movie fans out there. That’s why you can come across a wide selection of brands and models of VR headsets in the market, with looks ranging from mediocre and cheap to those that look as though they can easily cost $500 and up.
But then, you need to be very careful when you’re out to buy this headset because it can get tricky for every inexperienced shopper. They may get easily tempted to buy the wrong one without knowing it’s not even what they need. So we’ve decided to put together this handy buying guide for greenhorns in the VR headset world to let them know where and how to start the search.
- Budget: VR headsets can cost you anywhere from $10 to as much as $700 for the really expensive ones. So, it’s only right to set the budget first before you start looking around for the headset of your dreams. You can find cheap ones less than $100, but then they’re lacking in some features and aesthetics. The middle range ones would be under $400, which should be good enough in terms of price supposing you’re really picky. But if you want to stretch your budget even more, there are PC VR headsets upward $400.
- Existing Device: Of course, you’re using the headset for your device whether it’s mobile or not. For a Samsung phone, for instance, choose the Samsung VR since this matches your needs more. But for a Google phone, make sure the VR headset is compatible with it. PS VRs are also available, and as the name implies, they work with a PS camera or PS4 console. The most expensive option would be headsets for a PC, supposing you go for ones with bundles.
- Wireless or Not: VR headsets may come in a mobile design, which should be very easy to work around with because of the absence of wires. But then, you may also want the ones with bundles if you’re thinking about using the headset for gaming or other creative purposes. But rearranging the furniture may be necessary to make room for these more intricate devices.
Just would like to point out the fact that you may also want to think about the games you’re playing, or the the kind that your friends are using. These apply to gamers, and choosing the right one should prevent you from having some issues with your gaming, as well as leave a nasty hole in your pocket.