Wireless printers are the most popular method of printing in many offices and homes. It is a convenient way to a network of computers to communicate with a printer without being required to be connected directly through cables and wires. Wireless printers allow you to print from any device, no matter where you are. How do you know which wireless color printers are the best for your needs? Let’s take a look at some of the considerations that you should make before committing to purchase.
- Internet Connectivity: Since the printer that you are going to be using is going to be wireless, you need to make sure that it can easily connect to the internet. This will ensure that you will always be able to print the material that you need to be printing. Having a fast Wi-Fi connection will allow you to easily print from a laptop, a tablet, a Smartphone, or your digital camera with a simple press of a button.
- Ability to Print Photos: Pictures are an important part of our lives. We take pictures to preserve the memories that we make, so it is important to have a printer that is capable of creating quality prints that look amazing, especially if you tend to take a lot of pictures.
- Eco-friendly Features: What type of eco-friendly features does the printer you are thinking of purchasing have? Can you print on both sides of the paper to use less? Does the ink come in larger sizes so that less cartridges are being used? Does the printer have a power saving mode that turns the machine off after a period of inactivity? There are all considerations to make if you want a printer that will help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Printing Speed: When you are printing information, the chances are that you need the information now. Our lives are hectic, so waiting for a slow printer to print 20 pages while you are busy at work can be a huge waste of time. Find a printer that prints at a reasonable speed; one that fits your needs and circumstances.
- Price of the Printer: Make sure that the price of the printer is within your budget. This does not only include the price that you pay to purchase the printer, but it also includes the price of the ink cartridges that you will need to purchase in the future. Some cartridges are much more expensive than others, so make sure to consider the type of ink cartridges the wireless printer requires before making a purchase.
Best Wireless Color Printers in 2018
Now that you know some of the features to look for in a wireless color printer, let’s take a look at the top 10 best Wireless Color Printers that are currently available on the market.
- 10. Brother MFC-J870DW Wireless Color Inkjet Printer with Scanner
- 9. Epson Expression Home XP-420 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- 8. Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer with Wireless Networking
- 7. HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- 6. Canon Office and Business MX922 All One Printer
- 5. Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet
- 4. Brother Printer HL3140CW Digital Color Printer with Wireless
- 3. HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- 2. Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer, Monochrome, Wireless, Duplex
- 1. Brother MFCJ4620DW Wireless Color Compact A3 Inkjet Photo
10. Brother MFC-J870DW Wireless Color Inkjet Printer with Scanner
The first printer on our list is the Brother MFC-J870DW, which is a printer that is incredibly easy to set up and use. It features a touchscreen LCD display that you can interact with when you want to print something. You can easily print wirelessly from your mobile device, or you can scan items to the cloud and print them from there.
This printer is able to print up to 33 pages a minute, and the information can easily be printed on both sides of the paper if you desire. If your Wi-Fi is not working properly, the device can also be wired directly into the printer. This printer also comes with a two-year warranty.
- The touchscreen is a very nice feature that is easy to interact with.
- The quality of the color printouts is excellent.
- It is extremely easy to set up the wireless aspect of the printer.
- It features a compact size that fits almost anywhere.
- The paper trays are a bit small when compared to some printers.
- When the machine is printing, it is a bit loud.
- The plastic construction of this device seems a bit flimsy.
9. Epson Expression Home XP-420 Wireless Color Photo Printer
The Epson Expression Home XP-420 is a small compact printer that is capable of fitting on any desk with ease. Navigation is simple; you can use the 2.5 inch LCD touchscreen display to print or copy what you need. The paper tray holds 100 sheets of paper, so you will not need to refill it quite as often.
The setup for wireless connectivity is simple, and the ink cartridges are designed so that each one can be swapped out separately. With this device, you can crop your images, scan them and share them on Facebook from virtually any location. In addition, there is also a built-in memory slot that you can use, which is convenient if you want to print from your digital camera.
- It features a small and compact footprint.
- It has an excellent print quality that is smudge proof because it dries extremely fast.
- Separate ink cartridges mean that less ink will be wasted when one color runs out.
- Copy mode and print mode are rather loud, which can be distracting in an office.
- Two sided printing is only available for Windows devices.
- The ink cartridges are a little small when compared to other printers.
8. Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer with Wireless Networking
The next printer on our list is another Brother wireless printer, but this time it is the HL-3170CDW. It is a great printer to have in your home office or on the job. It is highly efficient if you need a lot of printed papers; in fact, it can print up to 23 pages per minute. The paper tray holds 250 sheets of paper, and you can use legal or letter sized paper in this printer.
To help ensure you purchase an eco-friendly printer, this machine can print on both sides of the paper. It also has a sleep mode to help save energy when the printer is not in use. If you are purchasing this unit for a business, it comes with Amazon Dash Replenishment Service, which monitors the levels of your ink and sends you new cartridges when the ink level is low.
- The color of the prints is rather impressive.
- Setting up this printer is rather easy and quick to complete.
- It produces professional looking prints that dry rather quickly.
- The machine is a little slow to come out of sleep mode.
- The printer is a bit loud for a quiet setting, but it may be fine in an office setting.
7. HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 is the next wireless color printer on our list. It is easy to set up and even easier to scan and print with the touchscreen LCD display. The printer tray holds 250 sheets of paper, and a single black ink cartage can print 1,000 pages, while the color ones can print 700 each.
The machine can print up to 22 pages a minute with black ink and 18 pages a minute with colored ink. To help you reduce your carbon footprint, the printer has automatic two-sided printing, and it also has an energy saving mode that you can utilize.
- This printer is capable of great looking borderless printing.
- You can still print in black when the color cartridges are out of ink.
- This printer uses fast drying ink that is nearly smudged free.
- The printer is a bit on the large side, so if you do not have a lot of space, this may not be the optimal option for you.
- This printer is rather loud when it is actually printing.
- The ink cartridges are rather expensive to purchase.
The next printer that we will review is the Canon MX922 printer. It is a great option for any home or office because it can multitask easily. You can communicate with multiple devices or from the cloud to the printer in a matter of seconds, and when the job is received, the printing process will be quick; this printer is capable of printing 15 pages per minute.
The ability to print on both sides of the paper is also available with this printer, so you can reduce your paper consumption by half. Installation is quick and easy, especially since there are no drivers to install.
- It produces high-quality prints and photos.
- Printing, scanning and copying are rather fast with this machine.
- Items that are copied and printed stay color accurate.
- The ink for this printer is a bit on the expensive side, which lowers the overall value of the purchase.
- If you have not printed for a while, it takes a few minutes to warm the machine up to print the first page.
5. Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet
The Epson WorkForce WF-3620 is a printer that is great for a home office. It is designed to save you time as you print; in fact, this printer can print 19 pages per minute. You can easily connect to the printer from any mobile device or laptop, and you can even send images to be printed through Wi-Fi Direct.
There is a 35-page auto feeder to make faxing and scanning more convenient, and printing can easily be done on both sides of the paper, which saves resources and money in the long run. Setting up this printer is easy, and navigating the print menus can be done through the LCD touchscreen display.
- The paper tray holds quite a bit of paper at once; in fact, it can hold 250 pieces at once.
- Standard printing is fast and efficient; in addition, the prints are professional quality.
- Network setup is east to complete with this printer.
- Ink prices are quite high when compared to some of the other printers on the market.
- The printer has a large footprint, so make sure that you have the space for it before making a purchase.
- The paper feed is located in the back of the printer.
4. Brother Printer HL3140CW Digital Color Printer with Wireless
The next printer on our list is another Brother Printer, but this time it is the HL3140CW, which is a wireless device that is perfect for many office spaces. The printer is capable of producing high-quality prints at a speed of 19 pages per minute. In addition, the paper tray holds up to 250 sheets of paper at once so that you will not need to refill it as frequently.
It is easy to connect computers and devices to the same network to this printer, but if your device is not connected to the network, you can still print using options like Wi-Fi Direct, Google Cloud Print, and Brother iPrint&Scan. This device also has a sleep mode that is automatically entered to help save energy when the printer is not in use.
- Produces really high-quality prints that are professional level.
- The printer is easy to set up.
- Images with a lot of colors take a while to print.
- Manual feed slot is located on the back of the printer, which is a highly inconvenient location.
3. HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
The HP OfficeJet 4650 is a great printer option for you to consider for your home office or home printing needs. The device has a small footprint that can fit on most computer desks. It is able to print up to nine and a half pages per minute in black ink and nearly seven pages per minute in colored ink.
Printing, scanning and copying can easily be done using the LCD touchscreen display. Printing can be done on both sides of the paper as a way to reduce your carbon footprint. Instant ink is also a possibility, so when your ink cartridges are getting low, automatic refills will be sent to your door.
- The device is easy to set up and connect to your already existing network.
- This device has a small footprint.
- This printer is a bit slower than many of the other printers on this list, but it gets the job done, especially if you are using it in your home.
- Starter paper is not included with the printer when you purchase it.
2. Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer, Monochrome, Wireless, Duplex
This brothers HL-L2340DW printer is perfect for a home or an office. It is capable of producing high-resolution images that are on a professional level. It prints 27 pages per minute, which is one of the fastest printing speeds on our list.
In addition, the paper tray holds 250 pieces of paper at once, so you will not have to refill it each time you print something. This printer is an energy star machine that is designed to help reduce your carbon footprint, so it has a sleep mode that is automatically entered into when the printer is not in use.
- The ink cartridges tend to last quite a while, which is an added value to the purchase.
- It is a compact device that easily fits on your computer desk at home.
- The display is a bit small, which makes setting up the printer a little difficult.
- It takes a bit of time to wake up from sleep mode.
1. Brother MFCJ4620DW Wireless Color Compact A3 Inkjet Photo
Our final printer is the Brother MFCJ4620DW; yet another Brother printer on our list. It prints at a speed of 22 pages per minute in black and 20 in color, which is quite a fast printing capability for a printer in this price range. The device is simple to set up and easy to use;
In fact, there is an LCD touchscreen display that allows you to swipe and print with ease. In addition, this device comes with a two-year warranty.
- The unit is easy to set up to your home network.
- This printer has a very small footprint that is perfect for in a home.
- The paper tray needs to be pulled out to reload it, which can consume some time when you are in a hurry.
- The photo quality could be a bit better with this printer.
Wireless color printers are becoming a more popular tool for in the home and the office. Finding a printer that is perfect for your needs can be a daunting task, so we have created this list to help you along the way. Hopefully, our list has helped you find a wireless color printer that fits your needs, but if not consider some of the features that you will want in your new printer and prioritize them as you continue your search.