Whether you are aiming to secure your assets or your family, the best wireless security cameras in 2018 reviews you are about to read should offer some basic information on the finest items worth buying for your needs. With several brands available in the market, selecting the best security camera may be a daunting task. This is why we are making things much easier for you by providing you with this list of excellent options you can find.
What’s good about a wireless security camera is the ease of installation. For the most part, you no longer need to deal with wires and cables that add to the challenge in setting up this device. You will also find it quite impressive to access the camera remotely using your smartphone or other device since it’s wireless. This way, whether you are at the office or elsewhere, you can check on your property and loved ones through your mobile device. You can rest easy knowing that everything you have left behind is in order, which can eliminate any concern or worry on your part.
Best Wireless Security Cameras in 2018
Have a look at our best wireless security cameras in 2018 reviews below for your guidance once you are ready to shop for this item. Find out which among these products match your needs as you compare the features offered by each.
- 10. Auto Pairing Wireless HD Security Camera 4-Channel 1080p Resolution
- 9. Smonet 4-Channel 720p Resolution Wireless Home Security Camera System
- 8. Zmodo Wireless Surveillance Security Cameras
- 7. Funlux 720p Wireless HD Security Surveillance Camera
- 6. TENVIS JPT3815W-HD Night Vision Wireless Surveillance Camera
- 5. Zmodo 8CH NVR 720p HD Wireless Outdoor and Indoor Home Security Camera
- 4. YI Dome Wireless Security Camera with Pan, Tilt, Zoom Features
- 3. Zmodo 1080p 8CH NVR HDMI Wireless Security Camera
- 2. Dream Liner 8CH xmartO WOS1384 HD Wireless Surveillance Camera
- 1. Crystal Vision CVT9604E-3010W True HD Wireless Security System
- Security Camera Systems- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
10. Auto Pairing Wireless HD Security Camera 4-Channel 1080p Resolution
Setting up a wireless camera has never been this easy, since in just a couple of minutes, you can get this device up and running. With the ease in the installation process and assembly, this eliminates the stress commonly linked with a complicated setup that traditional wired security cameras come with. In fact, installing this camera can turn out to be a quick DIY project without any wire necessary, along with the possibility of keeping the camera hidden from prying eyes. This is why we think the whole setup of this device is smarter and safer than conventional options.
With a premium high-definition 960p resolution video, this gives you with 30 percent clearer images and footage, as compared to the usual 720p. You can accurately recognize even the slightest detail from the stunning quality video this camera can record. Once you have downloaded the app and plugged your camera in, just connect to a local network, and this device is all set. It’s that quick and easy!
- Clear and crisp 960p resolution HD video
- Very fast installation
- Night vision is up to 65 feet
- Waterproof and durable design
- The instructions can be a tad vague
9. Smonet 4-Channel 720p Resolution Wireless Home Security Camera System
We like this premium surveillance camera that offers a stunning 720p HD video quality whether the footage is at day or night. As this is much clearer than the 960H, the video and photo output are impressive and detailed. These cameras are also reliable when it comes to capturing images in dim lighting because of the infrared night vision. You can count on these to produce clear footage in pitch-black dark areas up to 65 feet away. With a powerful wireless coverage, you can be sure that the camera will continue to function as normal without impacting your regular internet connection speed.
As a plug-and-play device, getting started in a breeze. You can pair this unit automatically right after you power it on, and in an instant, it should be ready to function and stream. This system can also work without internet connection, so that is an added feature you will love about this device. Viewing the footage captured by the camera is also made possible anywhere you are, as long as the system is all set up with your smartphone, laptop, PC, or tablet.
- Remote access of videos using mobile devices
- Waterproof and dustproof casing
- Quick installation
- The manual has written directions that are difficult to understand
8. Zmodo Wireless Surveillance Security Cameras
Whether it is day or night, you can capture clear images using these cameras for your peace of mind. The Zmodo wireless security cameras come with infrared night vision, which is capable of seeing clearly anything that goes on in the dark. With a maximum of 80 feet for the night vision, the quality of output remains smooth, crisp, and stable. Most importantly, getting started is done in a snap. Once you have installed the unit, simply power it on and complete the process for network configuration.
Wherever you may be, you can stay connected and informed about what is going on within and around your property. You can stream the video wirelessly using the Zmodo app for the Android and iOS browsers for your convenience. Plus, each time motion is detected by the camera, you will receive notifications to give you a warning. Thus, you can be sure that you property remains secure and safe at all times.
- Clear and crisp 720p HD image quality
- Your privacy is guaranteed with the AES 256-bit encryption and TLS
- Plug-and-play setup
- Depending on the quality of your connection, the recorded video may turn out to be choppy
- The night vision is not as impressive as you expect it to be
7. Funlux 720p Wireless HD Security Surveillance Camera
An excellent user-friendly surveillance camera, this product features a 2-way audio for the speaker and built-in mic. Aside from having the ability to share the device with your loved ones, you can also use it for recording and taking photos. Once you have set up the unit, there is nothing else to worry about except for changing the password and SSID name to enhance your privacy. As for the entire process of installing and setting up the cameras, these are all pretty much straightforward and should be completed in a few minutes.
It is important that you register the account after downloading the Meshare app, which should allow you to stay connected and capable of remotely accessing your account anywhere you are. In addition, you can expect to receive notifications with 5 frames of photos whenever sound and motion are detected by the camera. This is a great feature since you can take any appropriate action whenever necessary before potential problems get worse.
- Motion detection feature sends you alerts when sound and motion are picked up by the camera
- Straightforward process in setting up the unit
- Clear and vivid quality of images and videos
- Sometimes even the movement of dogs is captured, which makes the monitoring feature less impressive in terms of the level of accuracy
6. TENVIS JPT3815W-HD Night Vision Wireless Surveillance Camera
Finally, there is no reason for you to worry about your property whenever you are away because you can count on this camera to give you the full scoop of what’s going on in an instant. These wireless cameras are quick and easy to install, so there is nothing to stop you from getting started. There is no intricate wiring to worry about, and you can have this camera up and running in minutes. Once ready, it can detect moving objects automatically and send you alert emails and screenshots to the FTP server.
Even at night, the quality of the image is decent enough. This camera has an IR night vision feature, which is activated instantly in pitch-black darkness or low light situations. With a 2-way audio, you can use this camera for communicating with your loved ones on your mobile devices.
- Offers a 360-degree view of images within its location
- May be installed upside down on the ceiling
- Setup and installation are fast
- Allow several people to view the feed
- The audio quality is not very impressive
5. Zmodo 8CH NVR 720p HD Wireless Outdoor and Indoor Home Security Camera
There are several things to love about this wireless camera, and mainly, we are impressed by the ease in getting started. Simply create your user account and enter the password for your Wifi, and you will find the app instructions that will lead you to a seamless connection process of the NVR to the camera. In minutes, you can obtain a live view of all your cameras for close monitoring purposes. This is an 8-channel camera, which means it is capable of supporting a maximum of 8 cameras. Customizing with additional cameras is effortless, so this gives you a practical surveillance solution for your property.
The video quality is great at 720p resolution. No matter what time of the day or night, the images remain crisp and sharp, thanks to the auto IR-cut filter of this camera. It also ensures you of a clear night vision of up to 65 feet.
- Signal transmission is wireless for better positioning
- Smart recording mode feature
- Get notifications whenever there are motions detected
- Multiple viewing made possible
- The installation directions are not easy to comprehend
4. YI Dome Wireless Security Camera with Pan, Tilt, Zoom Features
You will be amazed by the HD quality and 720p resolution of this wireless security camera that comes with wide-angle glass lens for clearer images captured all the time. As for the night vision, there are 8 built-in IR LED beads, which can extend the distance of viewing to about 3 meters in absolute darkness. With a responsive mic and built-in noise filter, the audio remains sharp and clear.
If you are away, you can receive activity alerts on real-time, which gives you the peace of mind about the condition of your home or business. You also have the opportunity to survey the area you want to focus on through the auto-cruise feature. If you need to scan an area you are monitoring, this feature comes in handy.
- Intuitive and user-friendly app for better customization
- Supports the saving of your data in the cloud
- Camera sharing features
- There are several ads that come with the app you download for this camera
3. Zmodo 1080p 8CH NVR HDMI Wireless Security Camera
If you think you lack sophisticated tech know-hows, then this security camera is suitable for you because of the ease in the entire setup process. There are in-app directions that you need to follow once you have created your account and entered the password to your Wifi connection. In minutes, you can receive a live view of all your cameras to start monitoring various areas of your home or business. With the 720p video with HD quality, the images captured are as sharp and clear as they can get because of the IR cut filter of the camera.
To save on the limited space on the hard drive, this device features the intelligent recording mode. There are fewer FPS recorded whenever there is zero motion picked up the by camera. However, during motion, it can record the maximum FPS.
- Smart notifications sent to your phone when motion is detected
- HD quality of video footage
- Quick installation and setup
- Just one camera may be viewed at a time, with the loading process taking up to 5 seconds
- No instructions included in the package
2. Dream Liner 8CH xmartO WOS1384 HD Wireless Surveillance Camera
Getting all set up to start boosting the security of your home or business is easy with this surveillance camera. You can count on it to give you the clearest and sharpest videos whether taken at night or day, thanks to the HD cameras with additional 0.3 megapixels. As for the setup process, there is the auto-pair feature that enables you to simply plug the unit on to power it and begin the process. It is indeed a plug-and-play camera for the fastest installation you can expect from such a device.
The image quality is great, and this enables you to clearly distinguish the footage captured. What’s more, the night vision is just as good, so you can be sure that even images recorded at night remain as detailed as possible. Even if the images taken at night are in black and white, the quality is sharp and bright.
- Ease of setup and installation
- Great quality of images at day or night
- Auto-pair technology is user-friendly
- Confusing and vague instructions
1. Crystal Vision CVT9604E-3010W True HD Wireless Security System
We think that among all the products we have reviewed, this item is our best choice because of the complete wireless surveillance system that it comes with. This includes a 10.1-inch built-in monitor, along with a spacious 2 TB hard drive for maximum storage. These wireless security cameras also have bigger antennas, and this facilitates the strong signal and extensive range no matter how far the distance of the subject may be. Plus, as it comes with a bandwidth-friendly feature, there is no impact on your internet connection speed even if the camera is in use.
This camera system is indeed impressive because of the ease in installation and in synchronizing the cameras to the unit. We also like the quality of video feeds whether it is daytime or nighttime, so this allows us to have a more detailed recording of what goes on in and around our property whenever we are not there.
- Installation is done in minutes
- The video quality is impressive
- The memory space of the unit is quite expansive
- There are minimal instructions included, so it is best to check the website
When it comes to ensuring the security of your home, only the best surveillance camera can handle the job well. This is why we have featured these best wireless security cameras in 2018 reviews to provide you with our highly recommended products in helping you make a purchase. So, check out these products today and buy the best one that truly meets your needs and standards.
Security Camera Systems- Buyer’s Guide and Tips
Whether it’s your home or business, any property you own must remain secure at all times. But it is not everyday that you are around to keep watch of your property. Moreover, you want to be able to sleep peacefully each night or go about your usual daily tasks without worrying about someone breaking into your home or office.
This is what a security camera is specifically designed for – to give you peace of mind about your property’s safety. The device can easily intimidate any unauthorized individual from violating your space. Or, if theft does occur, there is always a record of who, when, and what actually happened as the security camera serves as the cunning eyes when no one else is around to witness the event.
To help you better in buying a security camera, here are some tips you may want to check out as you shop around for this item.
- Type: There are different types of camera you can find such as the smart, dome, and bullet security camera. If you want a device that allows you to watch the video captured in real time, then a smart home security camera is for you. There is even an alert sent out to you when a motion is detected by the camera.
- Cheaper cameras come in the form of bullet and dome cameras, although the latter is a little pricier than the other. With a bullet camera, the range of view is limited. As for a dome, it can focus or zoom in to the subject. The thief can’t also tell which area is being recorded specifically, so this is another brilliant feature you can get from this device.
- Range of Vision: It is a smart choice to get a security camera with a wider field of video that covers more than the view ahead. This is ideal when you want your camera to capture more than just the rooms in your home or your front yard for better security.
- Video Quality: A clear image recorded by the camera makes the device very useful when identifying the culprit easily in case there’s a break-in to your property. There are also cameras than can only record black and white while others are available in color. Just be sure the quality of the video is great since a blurry image almost renders the camera as useless.
- Connectivity: If you can find a security camera that allows you to stay connected to an app in your smartphone, your other cameras in the house, or even your Wifi at home, then it is even better. This allows you to determine what exactly is going on when you are far away from home.
With all these things in mind, you should be able to snag a good deal for a camera to install on your home or commercial property. Just make it a point to be clear about the features you need and search for a brand that has gained numerous positive reviews from actual buyers to have an idea about the quality you can expect from it.