If you’re in search of a high quality camera for your upcoming trip or adventure, then you’ll find our top 10 best 4K action cameras in 2019 reviews an excellent guide to help you choose the right product for your needs. Here, we round up the finest cameras in the market, so you can select the perfect item worth your dollar. Check out our list and find the right choice that meets your standards and budget.
So, what’s great about a 4K action camera, anyway? For the most part, a 4K camera is capable of handling more pixels. This means that the device can shoot high definition images with excellent details. The same holds true with the video quality, which is much sharper and clearer than what you can expect from a video camera with 1080p capability. Moreover, when you play movies from a 4K action camera, you will need to upgrade your home computer by using a faster hard drive and internet connection. These are all necessary when you share videos taken with a 4K camera. Although it’s possible to compress files, you may end up compromising the detail and clarity along the way.
Best 4K Action Cameras in 2019
Let’s head over to our top 10 best 4K action cameras in 2019 reviews to begin your search for the right item to buy. Learn more about the great features and benefits of each as you check out our list.
Last update on 2019-06-19 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 10. Nexgadget 4K Action Camera with Wifi and Waterproof 12 MP Camcorder
- 9. 4K Sports Camera, SOOCOO C30
- 8. ICONNTECHS IT 4K Ultra HD Sport and Action Camera
- 7. AKASO EK7000 Wifi Sports Action 4K Camera Ultra HD
- 6. GoPro HERO6 Black
- 5. Maifang 4K Wifi Sports and Action Camera
- 4. BestFace 4K Sports Action Cameras
- 3. APEMAN 4K Sports and Action 20 MP Camera
- 2. EKEN H9 Sports and Action 4K Full HD Waterproof Camera
- 1. Dragon Touch Vision 3 Sports and Action 4K Ultra HD Camera
10. Nexgadget 4K Action Camera with Wifi and Waterproof 12 MP Camcorder
We’re impressed with the professional quality of this 4K action camera with high-def display and playback and a clear LCD panel measuring 2 inches. The video resolution you can expect from this device is superb, so you can get a remarkable footage all the time. Plus, with a 12 MP resolution and 170-degree wide angle lens, motion capture remains outstanding. You can always get those epic and professional shots in your adventures.
This 4K camera features a wireless remote control and a splash-proof battery with a reasonably long life span. Controlling this device when you need to record or shoot videos is made easy whether you’re cycling, skating, climbing, or swimming. With a reliable waterproof case, this camera can be used for deep-water probing as it is capable of withstanding harsh environments while allowing you to capture all those memorable moments anytime and anywhere.
- Rugged and sturdy waterproof case
- Wrist remote control
- Easy to operate buttons even when underwater
- Built-in wifi for easy sharing, editing, and saving of files
- Long battery life
- Hassle-free mounting
- Night video is not very impressive
- Transferring files using the Wifi connection can easily drain the battery
9. 4K Sports Camera, SOOCOO C30
We like the clear display that allows us to view all necessary information by just checking the 2-inch screen. With a slim HD video and photo capability, we can record moving images and get the finest quality we want. Plus, with other functional features including the built-in wifi, audible alerts, and user-friendly menu, it’s not a challenge getting the hang of this camera.
If there’s one thing that we think can be improved on when it comes to the overall design of this camera, it will probably be the case. It’s just a tad difficult to open it, but this can also be considered as an advantage since it prevents anyone from accidentally opening the case while swimming or diving.
- Waterproof and sturdy case
- Long battery life
- Wide angle lens for exceptional scenes captured
- Built-in Wifi by downloading the app
- Hard to tighten the mounts and adapters
- There’s a bit of a bulge on the battery door
8. ICONNTECHS IT 4K Ultra HD Sport and Action Camera
Whenever we need to capture fast-moving shots, there’s no struggle in doing so, thanks to this 4K ultra HD action camera by Iconntechs. There are no moments to miss with this camera as it offers brilliant 60FPS shots at a flawless 1080p for the video resolution. This is why we rely on this device for capturing sporting events whether it’s surfing, ziplining, surfing, or car racing.
Another thing we’re impressed about this camera is the quiet operation and light sensitivity. This means that aside from the reduced picture noise, the images come out in amazing vibrant colors. We’re completely impressed with what this small, yet powerful device can do.
- 170-degree adjustable viewing wide angle lens
- Waterproof case attached to the camera
- Vivid colors even in dim light
- Camera shuts down when battery is low
- Hard to tell if the video is still running when you mount the camera on your helmet
7. AKASO EK7000 Wifi Sports Action 4K Camera Ultra HD
Images and videos appear sharper and just like the real thing when taken using this 4K sports action camera by Akaso. It features a high frame rate that delivers the finest quality video all the time with a 30 FPS/ 1080p resolution. Then, there’s the 12 MP burst photos at an impressive 30 FPS, so you can capture every single moment without fail. You have the option to go for the burst photo mode for taking single photos, or go for the Time Lapse mode for automatically shooting photos with 0.5 to 60-second time intervals.
It’s a breeze to share your photos or videos after taking them as this device comes with a built-in Wifi. Simply connect to your mobile device or computer, then share the data through Facebook, email, Twitter, or text. You can also control the camera from a maximum distance of 50 feet using the built-in wifi feature.
- Burst Photo or Time Lapse mode options available
- Built-in Wifi for instant sharing of files
- Camera comes with a remote control for easy mode selection while recording
- Photos appear blurry unless you remove the protective film
- Tricky to get rid of the protective film on the housing
6. GoPro HERO6 Black
Whenever you want to capture footage during your adventures whether on land or underwater, you can count on the GoPro Hero 6 to give you outstanding shots all the time. It comes with a video stabilization with advanced quality enhancements, which gives you professional results. The display is measures 2 inches in dimensions, and you will find it quite easy to change the settings, activate the play back function, and frame your shots. The updated and improved UI of the GoPro Hero 6 indeed makes it much more user-friendly than ever before. Plus, with the 1080p240 and 4K60 video, this gives you twice the performance that you want, as compared with the Hero5.
You will love all the upgrades to this device including the more intuitive UI and the video stabilization feature for better quality of your footage. The QuickStory is also great, as this turns your edited video into something with a highly professional quality. You can even send your footage automatically to your phone using the app. But then again, there are some issues with this product such as the flimsy quality of the plastic buckles, which can be a downside when you use the GoPro Hero6 underwater. Also, when exposed in very high or above the freezing temperatures, the screen has a tendency to freeze. Other than these two concerns, however, you will appreciate this brilliant device for avid travelers and sports enthusiasts who love to take photos or videos of their adventures. It is truly a must-have for a minimalist device that can capture amazing footage at all times.
- Comes with a video stabilization for improved quality of footage.
- Ease in changing the settings and play back function.
- Better resolution for recording 1080p240 and 4K60 videos
- Perfect for use underwater or on land.
- The plastic buckles are a little on the flimsy side.
- Issue with the screen freezing when exposed in temperatures that are above the freezing level.
5. Maifang 4K Wifi Sports and Action Camera
Nowadays, one of the selling points of most devices is the use of a remote control. If there’s a remote or a voice control, then you’re all set. For this particular camera, there’s a 2.4G remote that you can activate in operating the camera. Capture images or shots as you wish with just one press of a button. Then, there’s the efficiency of going from one mode to another whether it’s video to photo or starting and stopping your recording.
This camera is quite smart as there are 4 different filming options included. These are the 60 FPS 1080p, 1080p 30 fps, 2.7K 30 FPS, and the 4K 25 FPS. Regardless of where you shoot the photos (indoors or outdoors), you can select the right mode you need.
- Remote control included for ease of operation
- HDMI and Wifi connectivity included
- Choose from varied modes ideal for your footage requirements
- Decent battery life
- Must need to download the EZ iCam app on your device first before taking advantage of multiple functionalities
- The camera has a tendency of getting hot while you film in an enclosed waterproof case.
4. BestFace 4K Sports Action Cameras
Enjoy every moment that comes using this 4K action camera by BestFace. This is an ultra HD 4K action camera what has a professional 4K 25 FPS, along with the 2.7K 30 FPS video and 12 MP photos that go as high as 30 FPS. This is the closest you can get in terms of the resolution that traditional HD cameras offer.
Whenever you need to record videos, it’s hassle-free to do so with the 16 mp lens and the 170 degree wide angle for accurate photos and motions captured. This is the kind of camera that you’d love to bring along when you have a swimming, surfing, or even sky diving event.
- Compatible with a tripod, helmet, or bicycle holder
- Long life span for the battery
- Waterproof case that goes up to 148 feet
- Images turn out crisp and clear all the time
- Free accessories may be tough to set up
3. APEMAN 4K Sports and Action 20 MP Camera
We have no issue when it comes to using this camera because everything is so straightforward. Right out of the box, it’s ready to use, with user-friendly buttons and features that make it seamless to take professional quality photos and videos anytime and anywhere. This camera has a waterproof case with a 30-meter water resistance level. So, if you want to take selfies while swimming or surfing, you can do so using this camera and get quality results as expected.
The camera comes with two rechargeable batteries, which means there’s no need to buy new batteries after the charge is exhausted. What’s more, on a full charge, you can record a maximum of 240-minute video and take photos. Also, there’s the 170-degree wide angle that allows you to capture a broader field. You can take advantage of this when you want to include as much landscape or scenery as you prefer in a single photo or video.
- Waterproof case at 30m water level
- Supports the 20 MP camera function
- Adjust the sensitivity or exposure level manually
- Every accessory you need is included in the package
- One spare battery added
- Takes 3 hours before the battery is fully charged
2. EKEN H9 Sports and Action 4K Full HD Waterproof Camera
You can never go wrong with this 4K action camera that comes with every single feature you need in a high performance device for capturing amazing photos and videos. This small but powerful device boasts of a high quality screen display that lets you playback or preview recorded videos or photos taken. You can select from several shooting modes available such as the time lapse, burst photo, loop recording, video mode, and photo mode. With a waterproof camera housing up to 30 meters, you can use this device for capturing special moments while you’re in the water such as surfing, swimming, or snorkeling.
There’s a built-in HDMI output and Wifi connectivity in this device. So, if you want to share or edit the recorded or stored files using the EZ iCam app, you may do so instantly. With the HDMI output supported by this camera, previewing or watching the videos in real-time via your TV can be ultimately possible.
- Long life span of the batteries
- 10 Meters maximum range of the Wifi signal
- 2 inches FHD screen display
- Great for water or land activities
- The housing can be tricky to open
- The batteries are quite small
1. Dragon Touch Vision 3 Sports and Action 4K Ultra HD Camera
Get amazing photos and videos all the time with this 4K sports and action camera. This nifty device offers a wide variety of modes including the Time Lapse, Burst, and Single Photo Modes. Plus, with the wireless remote control, you can conveniently frame shots or record videos with just a touch of the button. Battery life is pretty impressive, as well, as you can record a 90-minute video on a full charge.
If you wish to edit or review images using your iOS or Android device, you may do so using the SportLook App on the tablet or smartphone. The Wifi signal also has a maximum range of 10 meters, which allows for an instant sharing and editing of files in your camera.
- Small, lightweight, and easy to mount
- High quality HD images and clear videos
- Control your device using the built-in Wifi with maximum distance of 50 feet
- A little pricey
For every adrenaline junkie out there, having a great quality 4K sports and action camera is a must-have whenever you’re out on a trip and there’s a need to capture the best shots of fast-moving images. This is why we hope our top 10 best 4K action cameras in 2019 reviews helped you select the product you need for this purpose. As we’ve selected only the finest in the market, you can be sure that these featured items will meet your high standards and strict budget.