If you have an iOS device or a Mac computer, you will find these best AirPlay speakers in 2018 reviews helpful in guiding you towards your purchase. After all, it can get overwhelming to look at several options in the market, so be sure to check our list that highlights 10 of the top products in the market under this category.
AirPlay is the Wifi-dependent wireless platform by Apple. With this technology, you can stream video or audio content to a wide range of AirPlay-supported devices. Since AirPlay is a patented technology by Apple, an AirPlay speaker is the best companion for your iOS device. Whether it is your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, as well as a Mac computer, you should not have any problem connecting your device to this type of speaker as it is designed specifically for this purpose. Just be sure to check the features offered by each speaker, so you can get the benefits you want based on your needs.
Best Airplay Speakers in 2018
The following best AirPlay speakers in 2018 reviews feature our top picks for this category. We invite you to look into the features of the different products and compare them with your preferred item, so you can come up with a smart purchasing decision.
- 10. GGMM E3 Wireless Smart Speakers System Multi-Room WiFi with Bluetooth Stereo Sound
- 9. Libratone ZIPP Wireless Portable Speaker with Wifi
- 8. iHome iW2 Wireless AirPlay Speaker System
- 7. Philips Fidelio SoundAvia AirPlay Wireless Speaker AD7000W/37
- 6. Bose Wireless Speaker SoundTouch 10
- 5. Sonos PLAY:1 Wireless Smart Speaker System for Music Streaming
- 4. GGMM M4 Wireless Speaker for Music Streaming,Wi-Fi Bluetooth Speaker, Built-in Battery,10-Hour Playtime [Apple Airplay Certified]
- 3. GGMM M3 Wifi Retro Wireless Speaker
- 2. Wireless AirPlay Riversong Music Receiver
- 1. Multiroom August WS150 Wireless Airplay Speaker
10. GGMM E3 Wireless Smart Speakers System Multi-Room WiFi with Bluetooth Stereo Sound
Every audiophile will love the audio quality that this wireless multi-room smart speakers system. The GGMM E3 has a mid-size design, which is great for home use. With several connections available such as the Bluetooth, Wifi and Aux, you have several options to choose from. Just press the button corresponding to these functions, and you can go from one play mode to another. This speaker system also lets you boost your overall listening experience by allowing you to connect a maximum of 10 speakers for that crisp and pristine surround experience. Other features you will love include the LED alarm clock, compatibility with different devices, and ability to stream music from apps such as iTunes, Pandora, and Spotify, to name a few.
While this speaker offers a decent sound quality, there are no bass or treble adjustment knobs. You can use this for your bathroom, kitchen, or even your bedroom because of the ease of use and connectivity to the Wifi network. However, it is not THAT impressive enough to be used as one of the different components of your multi-speaker system setup.
- This speaker comes with a smart USB quick-charging port and can charge at around 2.1A.
- Several colors to choose from including dark grey, pearl white, and ice blue.
- Has a stylish and elegant design that should complement your home’s motif.
- In terms of sound quality, it is decent and somewhat mediocre, which means it may not pass as a multi-speaker system setup feature.
- It would have been better if there were adjustment knobs for the treble and bass.
9. Libratone ZIPP Wireless Portable Speaker with Wifi
We are impressed with the stellar quality of audio that this offers full and rich sound to satisfy your music listening needs. With crisp highs, deep and powerful bass, as well as full mid-range frequencies, you will get to enjoy your music more with this portable device. It also comes with 100 watts of steady power that should be all you need from a robust and high-performance speaker. As an interesting feature, you can pair up to 6 different Zipps if you want, which means you can hear your music in one room or more – even the outdoors.
Since this speaker comes with with Wifi and Bluetooth capabilities, you can access AirPlay, Spotify Connect, and even the DLNA. With over 10 hours of battery life and completely wireless, this is the kind of speaker that you can bring along without having to worry about a power outlet.
- Comes with Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity
- Long battery life span of over 10 hours
- Pairing a maximum of 6 Zipps is possible
- Every time you input a device, it is necessary to manipulate the sound settings all over again
8. iHome iW2 Wireless AirPlay Speaker System
Forget about those annoying cables whenever you bring your speakers with you since the iHome iW2 AirPlay speaker is completely wireless. This eliminate the burden of having to bring a wall charger and search for power outlet to use the speaker. Moreover, you can use this device whenever you want to stream music from your iOS device through the Wifi network. If you need to configure the device with your wireless network at home, you may do this with ease using the iHome Connect, which you can find on the App Store.
As for the audio quality, you can expect a dynamic stereo sound through the two stereo speakers. With high-end drivers and the SRS TruBass, the sound performance is as good as you want it to be. You can even customize the sound using the treble and bass controls to enhance your listening experience.
- Supports the USB docking pad for charging your iOS device
- Quick setup
- Portable and compact unit
- The speaker is only good for a small room since the audio quality is not that impressive
7. Philips Fidelio SoundAvia AirPlay Wireless Speaker AD7000W/37
If what you want is a rich, dynamic, and well-balanced sound quality, you can expect all of these from this AirPlay speaker from Philips. This unit allows you to play and stream music from your iOS device or Mac Computer wirelessly. So, there is no need to deal with tangled cables that tend to get in the way. Plus, this speaker comes with an AUX-in jack, which makes it possible and convenient for you to connect the unit to nearly any electronic device. With the tight bass, balanced and crisp sound, you can escape to a relaxing listening experience anytime and anywhere you want.
To make this speaker even better, it features a compact and sleek design. If you have a small desk, there should be no issue with making this unit fit because it will never clutter up and occupy the entire space you have. It also looks aesthetically appealing that will complement your existing interior design.
- Compatible with iOS devices and Mac computer
- Can fill the room with a balanced and dynamic sound
- Connect to several speakers anywhere in your home
- Sleek and space-saving design
- Set up can be tough because of the firmware update
6. Bose Wireless Speaker SoundTouch 10
A compact speaker from Bose, there should not be any problem with positioning this unit any place in your home or office. Since it is compatible with your Bluetooth devices of your home wireless network, playing music using this speaker is never a hassle. It can also support a wide selection of audio formats including Apple Lossless, MP3, AAC, WMA, and FLAC. Thus, you can play your files without any problem with this wireless speaker. What’s more, it’s quick to gain an access to a wide selection of music services you want including internet radio, and your music library playlists.
With the SoundTouch app that you can get from the App Store, you can check out several music services including Pandora and Spotify. As a result, you can turn your phone into a robust remote while the speaker can amplify the sound into something more powerful.
- Compact and portable for everyday use
- Compatibility with many Bluetooth devices
- Supports several audio formats
- Not battery operated
5. Sonos PLAY:1 Wireless Smart Speaker System for Music Streaming
Do not be deceived by the size of this speaker. Although it is small, it has numerous capabilities that you need in a powerful audio equipment. In fact, it is robust enough to fill up your room with sound that is rich and crisp to meet your expectations. Whether you just want to play music in your room or in several different rooms, you should be able to do so with this unit. You can even play different songs in all the rooms in your home without a glitch.
Setting up this unit is quick and simple using your home wireless network. If you wish, you have the option to expand and enhance your home sound system by simply adding as many wireless speakers as you want to different sections of your home. As for the installation option, you may either position it on the floor or your desk, or even mount it on the wall to save some floor space.
- Getting started is easy and fast by setting up the device to a home wireless network
- Play one or different songs in as many rooms in your home as you wish
- Can be mounted on the wall as you prefer
- Does not function as a streaming speaker
- Lacks an audio jack for line connectivity to the TV or receiver
4. GGMM M4 Wireless Speaker for Music Streaming,Wi-Fi Bluetooth Speaker, Built-in Battery,10-Hour Playtime [Apple Airplay Certified]
Whenever you want to connect straight to your wireless network to start listening to music or do online music streaming from Pandora, Spotify, and other music services, you may do so using this speaker. It is easy to connect it via direct Wifi, AUX, Bluetooth, or Wifi router. The Wifi works at a range of 160 feet, so you can still hear your music as clearly as possible even if you are far away from the source. As an added option, you can switch immediately among individual audio sources with the possibility of adding a maximum of 16 devices without having to disconnect.
Since this is a battery-operated speaker, you no longer have to worry about plugging it to a wall outlet. On a full charge, the battery should be able to last for up to 10 hours of total playtime.
- Functions as a multi-room audio speaker system
- Long battery life span
- Can connect to a maximum of 10 speakers
- Compatible with all Apple devices
- The sound coming from the back ports turn out a bit baffled when you play music on the highest volume level
3. GGMM M3 Wifi Retro Wireless Speaker
Take yourself to an interesting music experience using this wireless Wifi speaker. As it functions using the Wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 technology, you can operate this unit wirelessly for greater convenience. The speaker also has an AUX connectivity, and you only need to press the button to activate the play mode you wish to use. If you want to add more M3 speakers, you have the ability to do so, and this will allow you to play a song or different songs in each and every room in the home. This functionality may be controlled using the Multiroom app.
Whether you have an iOS or Android device, you can use this speaker because of its extensive compatibility with multiple systems and devices. Then, you should be able to stream music seamlessly from your preferred app whether it is iTunes, Pandora, or Spotify, to name a few.
- Multiple options for connectivity or play modes
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices
- Can be used for streaming music
- The M3 is quite larger, as compared to several other well-known Bluetooth speakers
- It would be better if the button at the top of the speaker is made of metal instead of plastic
2. Wireless AirPlay Riversong Music Receiver
If you are in search of a good quality AirPlay speaker, then you can count on this unit to give you just what you need. It lets you stream music and play it in one room or in multiple rooms with just a few clicks. Plus, this is a wireless speaker, which means once you have downloaded and installed the app, you can begin the setup process as you integrate it into your home wireless network. The moment one of your mobile devices are connected to it, other devices that use the same network will connect automatically. This spares you from the intricacies that wired speakers come with – along with the efficiency in setting up the unit.
Setting up and installing the unit are indeed fast and easy. You can complete the entire process without having any advanced tech know-hows. You can also stream music via the LTE connection from any source.
- Extensive compatibility with a wide selection of devices
- Music streaming is made possible
- Multi-room speaker
- The speaker feels light and a tad cheap
1. Multiroom August WS150 Wireless Airplay Speaker
There is no steep learning curve involved whenever you want to stream or control music playing in your house from your device. These are app-controlled speakers, which lets you operate the functions wirelessly. If you wish to use music streaming services such as Spotify and Pandora, you may be able to do so as you set the speakers in playing your favorite hits. The entire process is quick and simple.
Since this is an AirPlay speaker, you can be sure that this unit is compatible with your iOS devices. You can also link speakers, which allows you to play the same or different tunes in every room throughout your home.
- Quick and easy setup
- Battery life is long and can last up to 22 hours
- Capability to stream music
- The bass is a little thin and weak
These are our best Airplay speakers in 2018 reviews. Although there may be dozens of brands and models to choose from, you should be able to find exactly what you want from our featured items on this list. Just make it a point to compare the different products to help you decide further which one you should get for your needs.