We know exactly that every enthusiast wants only the finest quality home movies, so we feature these best projectors in 2018 reviews to help you make an informed purchasing decision. Let us cut the chase and make the whole process of selecting the right item much simpler as you take a look at our highly recommended products featured on our list. After all, your satisfaction and value for your money largely depend on your choice. So, do it right the first time and compare these top items that may be just what you have always wanted.
Whether it is for home or business use, a projector can make your viewing experience more enjoyable than ever. Just imagine being able to magnify and project a content that is several times larger as the original image size. This is something that you can achieve using a projector, and all you need is a large screen to begin watching the content. Instead of having a TV that limits the size of the images, along with the lack of portability, a projector is indeed your best bet. You can take it with you anywhere you go or set it up at any part of the house you may want. In terms of portability, versatility, and image quality, a projector delivers all of these to every user.
Best Projectors in 2018 Reviews
- 10. 2800 Lumens Home Cinema Projector 5-Inch LCD Display and 1080p Support
- 9. Mlison Home Video Projector 2000 Lumens
- 8. Epson EX3240 3 LCD SVGA Projector with 3200 Lumens Display (Certified Refurbished)
- 7. Epson EX9200 3LCD Pro WUXGA 3200 Lumens Display Full HD
- 6. ViewSonic PJD5155 HDMI SVGA 3300 Lumens Projector
- 5. BenQ DLP Home Video Projector with 3300 Lumens and SVGA Display (MS524A)
- 4. Epson VS240 3 LCD SVGA Projector with 3000 Lumens Display
- 3. Optoma HD142X 1080p 3D DLP 3000 Lumens Home Theater Projector
- 2. ViewSonic PRO7827HD HDMI 1080p Home Cinema Projector
- 1. BenQ DLP HD 1080p 3D Home Cinema Projector (W1070)
- Projectors – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
10. 2800 Lumens Home Cinema Projector 5-Inch LCD Display and 1080p Support
- Bright 2800 lumens display
- Image projection up to 200 inches
- High resolution
- The sound quality is just average
- There is a tendency for the buttons and remote to freeze at some points
9. Mlison Home Video Projector 2000 Lumens
Discover what this home cinema projector can offer you in terms of delivering top quality images for your movies and games. It features a high brightness level of 2000 lumens and a native resolution of 800 x 480. As for the maximum resolution, it is at 1920 x 1080 color dpi. With a wide range of connectivity options, you can use this projector with your X-Box One, PS3, PS4, Smartphone, laptop, TV, USB drive, iPad, and TV box, to name a few. Simply use the HDMI cable to view content on a larger screen.
The lamp’s life span is at 20,000 hours, which means it will take a long time before you will need to have it replaced. What’s more, there is the SmartEco Lampcare Technology by this brand, so you can save up to 70 percent of energy.
- Vivid, clear, and life-like pictures
- Several options on the menu
- Quiet operation
- Built-in speakers
- It may be best to use a Bluetooth speaker to improve the audio quality
- There is no lens cover
- Adjusting the throw is impossible to do
8. Epson EX3240 3 LCD SVGA Projector with 3200 Lumens Display (Certified Refurbished)
This projector does not lack in terms of brightness and richness of color, thanks to its 3200 lumens display. As for the white brightness, it is at 3200 lumens, which makes this device usable even in well-lit areas. Projecting graphics and basic presentations has never been much easier because of the 800 x 600 SVGA resolution. As or the set up process, it is quick and simple. You can surely get this device up and running with just a few image adjustments and controls.
Whether you want to use your media players or laptops, you may do so with this projector. It supports HDMI, which is the standard when it comes to connectivity. Using just a single cable, you can connect the audio and video with convenience.
- Plug and play design makes it easy to get started
- Comes with a carrying case for optimum portability
- Instant Off feature lets you turn the power off when you need to pack and go immediately
- Offers a wide range of interfaces and adjustments for the color and picture
- No audio out available, which means you need to hook the speakers to the video
7. Epson EX9200 3LCD Pro WUXGA 3200 Lumens Display Full HD
Make every viewing experience a truly memorable one with this projector by Epson. It offers a rich and brilliant 3200 lumens display, which leads to a greater accuracy and vividness in color. Both the color brightness and white brightness are at 3200 lumens, so you can use this projector even in a room that is well-lit. The WUXGA resolution is also rather impressive as it comes with 4.5 times more the resolution than the SVGA designed for 1080p full HD content.
Go wireless with this projector whenever you want to project content from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Finally, there is no cord to worry about, as this often restricts your freedom of moving about in the room. For your business or home use, this projector will never disappoint.
- Placement and brightness are highly flexible
- The maximum range level for the zoom is at 10’8″ for the picture width
- Ideal for home movies or business presentations
- Does not offer 3D quality images
6. ViewSonic PJD5155 HDMI SVGA 3300 Lumens Projector
For its price point, there are so many things that you can expect from this project, thus making it a practical choice. It comes with an impressive 3300 lumens display, along with a 800 x 600 resolution for the SVGA. You can expect the images to appear in their life-like condition because of the SuperColor technology, which further enhances your viewing pleasure. Connectivity is made possible to a wide range of devices using various ports such as the VGA, S-Video, HDMI, VGA output, Composite Video, and the Audio In/Out.
It is also worth noting that this projector has an outstanding lamp life of 10,000 hours. By choosing the DynamicEco mode of this device, you can minimize power consumption by as much as 70 percent. Overall, in terms of coor accuracy and brilliant design, this product is a great investment.
- Comes with a reasonable price
- Little to zero distortion once scaled out
- Good to use even in brightly-lit rooms
- Has several lenses or legs that you can adjust to boost screen quality
- The fans tend to make too much noise
- The white balance and exposure are a little off
- It may not deliver an authentic cinematic experience
5. BenQ DLP Home Video Projector with 3300 Lumens and SVGA Display (MS524A)
BenQ is one of the most renowned brands on the planet when it comes to quality home cinema projectors. Thus, this item is not an exception considering its brilliant 3300 ANSI lumens and a decent contrast ratio of 13,000:1. Plus, with an eco-friendly feature, your images still appear as clear as these can get to make every presentation or home viewing a pleasant one.
The lamp life is good for a maximum of 10,000 hours, so you do not have to worry about replacing it soon. In fact, this is an energy-efficient projector that only utilizes as much a 0.5 watts of power when set in the standby mode.
- Contains 3300 lumens display that is brilliant
- Long life span of the lamp
- Excellent as a business projector
- HDMI port included
- The optical zoom is quite synonymous to no zoom
- The build is not as sturdy as it may seem
4. Epson VS240 3 LCD SVGA Projector with 3000 Lumens Display
Discover greater accuracy in terms of the color of all the images projected by this device. This is a 3LCD with a 3-chip technology, which makes it possible to increase the color brightness about three times as much as what the other DLP projectors in this category has to offer. The color brightness is at 3000 lumens, which is also the same as the white brightness level. These all lead to clearly projected images even when the room is well-lit.
Setting up is a breeze, and you should get started in no time. As for the weight of the projector, it does not come with extra heft at all. This means that you can easily take the device from one place to the next without any problem. With a lamp life that lasts up to 10,000 hours, you do not have to worry about spending money on a replacement lamp anytime soon.
- Sleep mode lets you pause the presentation without having to turn the device off
- Easy and quick setup process
- Long life span of the lamp at 10,000 hours
- The audio quality needs improvement
3. Optoma HD142X 1080p 3D DLP 3000 Lumens Home Theater Projector
If you are tired of dealing with a substandard projector, then it is time to make a switch to this device. It offers vibrant and brilliant colors, which adds to your satisfaction each time you play games or watch movies regardless of the environment. This projector boasts of a high brightness level with its 3000 ANSI lumens, as well as a sharp contrast ratio. With a full HD 1080p resolution, you can watch your Blu-Ray movies without the need for compression or downscaling.
The lamp is good to use up to 8000 hours. This is equivalent to about 2 hours of movie watched daily. With this in mind, it should not take less than 10 years before the lamp will need to be replaced. Lastly, there is a built-in 10-watt speaker to this projector. It provides a decent audio quality for watching your favorite films.
- Project true 3D content coming from any 3D source such as 3D broadcasting, newest game consoles, and 3D Blu-Ray players
- Images and movement appear smooth and flicker-free
- MHL connectivity
- The remote lacks responsiveness
2. ViewSonic PRO7827HD HDMI 1080p Home Cinema Projector
All the images from any source that are projected using this device appear more vivid and life-like, as the full HD 1080p resolution and high dynamic contrast ratio make these happen. With the most innovative color technology, you can be sure that this projector can deliver an outstanding home theater cinema that you have always wanted. What’s more, it offers a dust-resistant and durable housing that make it one of the finest designed projectors at a reasonable price.
Connecting this projector with your choice of device is never an issue. It is highly compatible with several devices including Windows and Mac. You can also use it to project content found in your Amazon FireTV, Google Chromecast, Blu-Ray players, and AppleTV, to name a few.
- Brilliant and vivid images
- Excellent to use in any environment or lighting conditions
- Choose from 5 view modes to enhance your viewing experience
- The fan tends to produce a loud noise
1. BenQ DLP HD 1080p 3D Home Cinema Projector (W1070)
Never again will you have to put up with an unsatisfactory kind of viewing experience, as long as you have this home cinema projector by your side. BenQ makes it possible to project images to a maximum of 200 inches without compromising the quality of color and brightness. With 2000 lumens display brightness and 10,000:1 contrast ratio, the images are as sharp and as vivid as how you want them to be.
Getting all set up with this device is not an issue. With built-in speakers, wide connectivity, and a plug-and-play design, you can get started with viewing your content in a snap.
- Save as much as 70 percent of the lamp power with the SmartEco technology
- Expansive connectivity
- Ease of installation and operation
- Takes a while to turn the device back on
- The fan is a tad loud
Be sure to consider our best projectors in 2017 reviews when it is time for you to shop for this device. We have tested and carefully analyzed the finest options available in the market today, so you can be sure that your purchase is truly worth your time and money.
Projectors – Buyer’s Guide & Tips
Do you need a new projector for your classroom, office, or perhaps your home theater? The search for the best projector may strike you as overwhelming because there are so many options to choose from. There are also jargons to deal with, so you may end up getting more confused and make a very costly mistake of buying the wrong kind that you need. Now that can turn out to be bad news for you when you spend so much on a projector performing below your expectations.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Our buying guide for the best projectors can help you find your way through an array of products out there that may be tough to choose from. From the basic requirements to enhancements that can boost your viewing pleasure, we’ll present to you the key features of the finest projectors worth your dollar.
- Lumens: In simpler terms, this is the brightness range used in projectors. If you want a brighter projector, naturally you need to opt for lumen rating that’s high enough to match your needs. For a home theater, you can get away with 1500 lumens on a minimum. But if you are planning on using the projector in a classroom or a room with some windows, never go below 2500 lumens. Max out on the lumens rating if the projector is for use in a spacious lecture hall or auditorium.
- Resolution: The crisper the image, the higher the resolution. It’s simple as that. So, you should pay attention to the resolution of the projector and choose one with a higher one for a more detailed view of your presentation. For business or commercial use, it’s okay to opt for 800x600p if you’re only presenting video clips, charts, or simple data. But you might want to go for 1920x1200p for HD content in a larger venue. As for a home theater, it should be fine to get the 1280x720p, which is economical to use. Higher level up is the 1920x1080p that works best with your BluRay formats.
- Hassle Free Use: A projector that’s a breeze to setup is just what you need to eliminate the stress in getting started. HDMI offers easy and quick digital connection to your HD devices while wireless capability is perfect when you want to project content and not have to use a cable. You’ll also enjoy the convenience that the instant on and off setting offers, so you can put an end to the long waiting period before your projector cools down or warms up.
These are the basic ones to look for when you shop around for a projector. With a clear purpose in mind for this device, along with a specific budget, you should be able to snag the right product for your particular needs.