Buying a new TV is indeed an overwhelming experience and that is why you need to ensure you make the right choice. Otherwise, you’re going to have buyer’s remorse and that’s never a good thing.
To begin with, one of the first things you need to consider when it comes to buying a TV is the size. Secondly, you need to think about the display technology. Currently, you can choose from LED, Quantum Dot, and OLED. The latter is by far the best, but also the most expensive. Lastly, you need to consider the viewing angles, the brand, model, and of course, the price.
Best 50 Inch TVs in 2019
If that’s too much work for you and you don’t really have time to do proper research, then rest assured. Below we’ve come up with a list of the top ten best 50 inch TVs you can buy. After reading our reviews on them you’ll know exactly what TV model to get.
- 10. Sceptre E505BV-FMQR 1080p 60Hz LED TV
- 9. Sceptre E505BV-FMQK 50-Inch 1080p LED HDTV
- 8. Samsung UN50J520D 50″ 1080p Smart LED TV
- 7. VIZIO 50″ Class LED TV D50n-E1
- 6. Element 50″ Class 1080p 60Hz LED TV LE-50GCMA
- 5. VIZIO E500i-B1E
- 4. LG Electronics 50UF8300
- 3. LG 50LN5100 Full HD 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD TV
- 2. Samsung UA-50J5100
- 1. Seiki SE50FY35 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV
10. Sceptre E505BV-FMQR 1080p 60Hz LED TV
The E505BV FMQR from Sceptre is a FHD TV with a sixty Hz refresh rate that makes for a flicker free viewing experience. One thing you’ll love about it among other of its amazing features is the fact that it has wide viewing angles (176-176), it allows you to watch digital broadcasts, and it also incorporates the MHL technology.
Thanks to it, you’ll be able to transfer all your favorite TV shows and movies from your mobile device (it needs to be MHL enabled) onto your TV screen. The TV is wall mountable, features automatic contrast enhancement technology, and comes with 3 HDMI ports.
- Comes with 3 HDMI ports.
- MHL technology allows you to mirror content from your mobile device to your TV.
- Wall mountable.
- The picture quality on this TV is great, but the sound is rather bad.
If you’re looking for a decently priced TV that doesn’t come with any bells and whistles, this is it. The Sceptre E505BV is a great TV that features basic connectivity and has great picture quality as well.
9. Sceptre E505BV-FMQK 50-Inch 1080p LED HDTV
Raising the standards in terms of performance and style the new E505BV-FMQK is an excellent looking TV that boasts FHD resolution, comes with three HDMI ports, and it has an effective refresh rate of 120 Hz. This means that if you love attaching sports or other fast moving content, you won’t need to worry about judder.
Furthermore, what makes it special compared to other TVs out there is that it comes with MHL technology. This is very similar to Miracast which allows you to basically mirror content from your mobile device to your TV screen. The TV also features audio in, cable/antenna, composite, component, and VGA ports.
- Maximum refresh rate of 120 Hz.
- Comes with all the accessories you need to use it.
- Very affordable.
- There is simply too much light bleed on this TV.
Those who don’t want to spend too much money on a TV, but still want to get a decent TV for the money should look into getting the E505BV-FMQK from Sceptre. With decent connectivity and great picture quality, this TV is a must have for low budget buyers!
8. Samsung UN50J520D 50″ 1080p Smart LED TV
If you’re the type who wants to buy a quality TV without having to worry about spending too much money on it, then you need to check out the Samsung UN50J520D. This TV has a standard refresh rate of 60 Hz, it’s FHD, and it also allows you to browse the internet and stream your favorite shows and movies.
Connectivity wise, the UN50J520D features two HDMI ports, a USB port, but also a component video input that can be used as a composite video input. For peace of mind, the TV comes with a one year warranty.
- Excellent image processing speed.
- Easily access a wide range of apps, including social media platforms.
- Excellent color accuracy thanks to the Wide Color Enhancer technology.
- The TV’s design is rather poor and makes it look very cheap.
If you’re on the lookout for a decent TV and don’t want to spend too much money on one, then you may want to check out the UN50J520D. This model boasts excellent picture quality, has a decent number of ports, and it’s also quite affordable. What more can you ask for?
7. VIZIO 50″ Class LED TV D50n-E1
Compared to other TVs that we managed to review to this point, the D50n-E1 from Vizio is an excellent 50 inch TV that features a FALD panel. What this means is that you’ll get better quality images and that especially the case when it comes to dark scenes.
The TV is a FHD TV and has a 60 Hz refresh rate as well. Given the fact that the TV has a pleasant design, it will look quite great in your living room or bedroom.
- Large 50 inch screen.
- FHD resolution makes all your content look crisp and clear.
- FALD panel allows for superior picture performance and light uniformity.
- The sound quality is rather poor.
The D50n-E1 is the right choice for anyone who wants to enjoy excellent picture quality and a flicker free viewing experience without breaking the bank. This TV isn’t only affordable, but it will absolutely impress you with its picture quality – guaranteed!
6. Element 50″ Class 1080p 60Hz LED TV LE-50GCMA
Those who are looking for a sub $500 TV should definitely check out the Element LE-50GCMA. This TV is just a little over 300 dollars and not only does it have a decent design, but it’s also VESA mountable and has decent color accuracy.
In terms of ports, you’ll get one USB port and three HDMI ports which allow you to connect your gaming console and other devices to it if you wish to. Overall, for the price, this FHD TV is great and is well worth the money.
- It’s very affordable.
- Lightweight and easy to move around if need be.
- 60 Hz refresh rate.
- The TV looks as if the neck would break if you would attempt to insert it the wrong way.
The LE-50GCMA is indeed a great TV that is well worth the price if you’re on a budget. Not only does it pack good performance, but most of all it’s very affordable and well put together.
5. VIZIO E500i-B1E
Thanks to its quality picture and excellent design, the E500i-B1E from Vizio is indeed an awesome TV to behold. Enjoy watching movies, TV shows, and more on a crisp and crystal clear panel that’s capable of FHD resolution. For a more immersive experience, Vizio has opted for a very slim frame for this TV and that’s going to be greatly appreciated once you start using it.
The TV features built in Wi-Fi which allows you to stream online content, while the Internet Apps makes it a breeze to download a wide range of apps for your TV. Given the fact that this is an LED FHD TV, the color accuracy is much better than that of TFT TVs.
- Crystal clear picture thank to the FHD resolution.
- Very slim frame makes everything you watch on this TV a more immersive experience.
- Instantly enjoy music, TV shows, movies and more thanks to Vizio Internet Apps.
- A buyer who got this was disappointed in the fact that his TV shipped broken. His replacement though was really great and well worth the money, as he put it.
Vizio is very well known for being that one manufacturer you consider when you want to buy a good quality TV that doesn’t cost as much as an arm and a leg. With the E500i-B1E, you’re getting an amazing TV that has excellent picture quality, functionality and comes at a low price. How great is that?
4. LG Electronics 50UF8300
With the 50UF8300 from LG there’s no doubt that we’re stepping into more premium territory. This model has a refresh rate of 120 Hz, it’s a 4K TV (which means that everything you watch on it looks extremely crisp), and features the Color Prime technology as well.
Thanks to it, the content you watch is enhanced so that it looks as close to real life as possible. The TV features a built in Wi-Fi module, MTS/SAP, and also supports DTS sound.
- DTS Clear Voice II for excellent sound quality.
- Built in Wi-Fi module allows you to easily browse the web and stream content.
- Less judder thanks to the TruMotion 120Hz technology.
- Someone who got this TV said it would turn off at random times. He then concluded with the manufacturer that it was a lemon and got a replacement.
LG is well known for the quality TVs it manufactures and the 50UF8300 is no exception. Boasting excellent functionality, amazing picture quality and a slim design, watching your favorite content on it will be an amazing experience!
3. LG 50LN5100 Full HD 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD TV
The 50LN5100 from LG is a budget TV that has a screen size of 50 inches and is capable of FHD playback. Unlike other TVs out there, this models features an IPS screen which means that regardless of the viewing angle, each person will get the same picture quality.
The TV has a slim design, a nice movable stand that’s finished in piano black, and it’s also lightweight. In terms of connectivity, you get one USB port, 1 component input, 1 composite input, Antenna or RF input, and two HDMI ports. There is also an incorporated TV tuner and two 10W speakers which give out decent quality sound, but if you want better quality, you may want to get a separate sound system. Lastly, to prevent judder, the TV incorporates the TruMotion 120 Hz technology.
- Features a built in tuner.
- TruMotion 120Hz greatly reduces judder for fast paced content.
- IPS panel makes for a great viewing experience regardless of viewing angle.
- A buyer who got this TV was disappointed that his TV failed after three years.
If you’re looking for quality, then you may want to check out the 50LN5100 from LG. This TV features a wide range of connectivity options, 120 Hz TruMotion technology, and it’s also pretty to look at. Overall, it’s a really great choice for pickier buyers.
2. Samsung UA-50J5100
With the UA-50J5100 TV you can enjoy crisp and clear FHD content across SECAM, PAL, and NTSC TV systems. The TV features the Clear Motion Rate 120 technology which means that watching fast paced action content won’t look blurry anymore. Furthermore, the Wide Color Enhancer Plus technology ensures that everything you watch on the TV has excellent color accuracy.
If you want to access the content on your HDD or USB drive, you can easily do so by plugging them into your TV and taking advantage of the Connect Share Movie technology. The TV features one component video, two USB ports, and two HDMI ports.
- Comes with one component video, two USB ports, and two HDMI ports.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus greatly improves image quality.
- 120 Hz refresh rate dramatically reduces judder.
- The TV doesn’t have internet capabilities.
People who care a lot about image quality may want to consider getting the UA-50J5100. The TV has an amazing design, excellent functionality and connectivity, and most of all, amazing picture quality.
1. Seiki SE50FY35 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV
When you think of Seiki, you generally think about entry level TVs, but the truth is that with the SE50FY35 the company has managed to strike gold. This model features a thin bezel design which makes it look amazing regardless if you want to use it in your living room or in your bedroom.
In terms of connectivity, you get three HDMI ports, one VGA port, and one USB port. Furthermore, you’ll love this TV if you’re a parent and that’s because it has Parental Control. This means that you can easily manage what your children can and cannot view on it. For peace of mind, the TV comes with a one year warranty.
- Comes with three HDMI ports.
- Parental control allows you to control what your kids can watch on the TV.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty for peace of mind.
- Someone who bought this TV was unhappy about the fact the TV failed after thirty days of use.
Where picture quality and low prices are concerned, you cannot go wrong with Seiki. This model is excellent in every way and given the fact that it offers excellent connectivity and has an amazing design makes it that much of a better choice for low budget buyers. Highly recommended!
With so many fifty inch TVs out there, getting the right one can be very difficult. Luckily, you can easily buy the right model for your needs after carefully reading our reviews. Just make sure to check whether it has the technologies and connectivity you’re looking for in a TV and if that checks out, then you’re good to go. Happy shopping!